VA_SOLIDKREATE

P-47 D Skins

It is a nice scheme... fun to make.

You're welcome. Next days I'll try the Mustang.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 12:04 AM, 310_cibule said:

BTW don't you know if anyone has done a skin of major Glenn Eagleston's famous winged skull P-47? We have winged skull P-47 with code letters FT-O but his crate bare FT-L and a picture of bald eagle. I doubt it has been neglected by skinners up to now.

p-47.cu.12.jpg

f1638f779d09a1757e9e330a5cdf31ac.jpg

Here you are. It is a beauty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Raptor, I have a cool fictional P-47 project-challenge for you.

Project-name:

JUG-Norris

The only constraint:

The airplane shall have a semi-historical look and there shall be no picture of the man on the airplane.

Surprise me 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

JUG-Norris

@Bremspropeller Oh man, that evening, accomplished nothing but fun for weeks... :lol:

@LeLv30_Raptorattacker  A nice pair of Jugs would be lovely on that skin. And a slogan as well, maybe something like: "JUG-Norris can´t stay airborne at 60 mph. He does anyway. :pilot:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Raptor, I have a cool fictional P-47 project-challenge for you.

Project-name:

JUG-Norris

When I get a spare day I MAY give it a go! Time is of the essence at the Rap Camp and there's NOT a lot of it for various reasons! The request quota has increased seemingly in-line with the transmission of the plague (certainly the transmission in the UK anyway!!). PM me to remind me in a couple of weeks?

:dash:

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have checkered nose layer they can send me? Like this one and how the 78th FG did theirs.Pin on Republic P-47 Thunderbolt

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ah... the Udvar Hazy P-47. Know her well... 😊

Edited by Rodwonder

Posted (edited)

has this one ever been done? oh hell, never mind, this is a razorback...but I'm looking forward to it being done for BON!

bf20425b29bb2901d7b5c347c78cbd2e.jpg

Edited by lantern53
spelling

On 11/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, 361st_Bugsy said:

Pips any chance you do them all with historical markings, you see I only collect those type of skins and your work is very nice too

Can you get this skin as the links don't work?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, after much reading on your many guides, advices and all the other "golden eggs" i have finally understood that this is not x-plane nor an arcade shooter regardless of the cockpit not being clickable. and i have taken the number one advice "stay with one plane, learn basics, master it and tactics and then move on" the bird i have choosen are this beautifull beast. i know it may be a tricky one to "begin with" but i already have the basics of flying and BFM ish on my skill's list and extensive training will be done before starting my PWCG iron man adventure. So in that case i would like to ask one of you skinners, in the hope that the skin is of some interest to make, that you could paint the bird in the following pic, with the added flag with the viking on the nose "as per old school" or where you see fit :)

Would be happy beyond words.

Thank you for reading this far

Best regards

p_47_jet_rdaf_by_d4m1an_d72io3c-fullview.png

DK VIKING.png

Edited by Wulfkai
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello all,

Here are 2 skins for the P47, based on the Venezuelan Air Force "Escuadrón de Caza 36", how had flown the aircraft model 30 in the final years of the 40's and in the 50's decade. Skin ara historical based on pictures and information.

DbJ-09JW0AEENHi.jpg.34bfd1a0f0a044e1656568717efadae8.jpg

DDWCkY_XUAEE4xX.jpg.7b9024d2072102139e6cbcf21454e057.jpg

Here the picture of the skins I made.

image.png.d4fb5ea85cd68f892377bd7ff41e369c.png

image.png.6f75e06d6d1b2461aaedda8ff493ae78.png

Files to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tpLNIvAfutldk902_IVwYcxpdbuzWuFP/view?usp=sharing

I planning to do a series for the Latin American countries that had this great plane during the 40's and 50's... so if you are interested i will post those next...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Leon-O, I made some skins for FAB (Brazilian Air Force) in the previous pages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skywarp said:

Leon-O, I made some skins for FAB (Brazilian Air Force) in the previous pages.

I will check it out, thanks... right now in focus in Ecuador and Colombian ones... because are similar to Venezuelan P47.. also some of mexico from the 50's, but not have much information about it.

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 6:21 PM, Wulfkai said:

Hi guys, after much reading on your many guides, advices and all the other "golden eggs" i have finally understood that this is not x-plane nor an arcade shooter regardless of the cockpit not being clickable. and i have taken the number one advice "stay with one plane, learn basics, master it and tactics and then move on" the bird i have choosen are this beautifull beast. i know it may be a tricky one to "begin with" but i already have the basics of flying and BFM ish on my skill's list and extensive training will be done before starting my PWCG iron man adventure. So in that case i would like to ask one of you skinners, in the hope that the skin is of some interest to make, that you could paint the bird in the following pic, with the added flag with the viking on the nose "as per old school" or where you see fit :)

Would be happy beyond words.

Thank you for reading this far

Best regards

p_47_jet_rdaf_by_d4m1an_d72io3c-fullview.png

DK VIKING.png

Hello friend, is this what you're looking for?

Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q6aekvyf1egaqh6/P-47D-28_Danish_Air_Force.dds/file

20200723013925_1.jpg

20200723014014_1.jpg

20200723013806_1.jpg

Edited by Skywarp
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tatata_Time said:

hahaha, I think you'd never in your best dreams have 2 versions of this "steam punk Viking". Enjoy both or share it with a flying partner.... even more create a Viking squad ;))).

20200723215633_1.thumb.jpg.28648a4570cbc94971a45d0473b489e1.jpg20200723215653_1.thumb.jpg.2b658521f030cbca78127b4eb0cdc3f9.jpg20200723215759_1.thumb.jpg.cb4242eeb523ca40bf7274f0cbd0b048.jpg20200723215818_1.thumb.jpg.cd157410e2c757a9c535fa4f9ba66ed2.jpg

Skin Link https://drive.google.com/file/d/107jqWNnlpeRlnT9Fb0Bu8nSh4zrErxMH/view?usp=sharing

Amazing work! Love the details in the nose section. Thank you so much for your work and time, to both of you. Will be using both till the paint comes of. 

in Danish: Tusinde tak :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

To continue the series of skins from Latin american 40's and 50's decade for the P47, here are two variation of historical skins used by the Fuerza Aérea de Colombia FAC, they are based on historical reference.

P-47D_FAC.jpg.732ac94dd610dd92cf4e8826ee8ed1f9.jpg114_1.jpg.823e88f7ac61c39bb4d1150321d0e6c7.jpg

image.png.0e6f9bda6e8dbc961730932e739e89a5.png

image.png.2b13497fcf6fc4a997b8ead0281418d1.png

links to download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NnMdyi3H-YwJ97roO-ajq66QcWIThEWZ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Leon-O
wrong word spelling
  • Like 2

Does anyone have checkered nose layer they can send me? Like this one and how the 78th FG did theirs.Pin on Republic P-47 Thunderbolt

To QB.Rails: You can download the razorback official template. In there you got a chequer nose layer you can "cut & paste", even in the P-47 D-28 template.  Both templates are almost compatibles for doing a frankestein work, and the official template chequer is perfect. I Hope it will help you

• Thanks 1

WIP working on the weathering.

wQYlkSP.jpg

vrTpTA7.jpg

8Qfm9th.jpg

03kzL6a.jpg

• Like 10

Why do they have the same tail number?

Anyway, great skins!!

Thanks! It's for my squadron, just didn't feel like making a bunch of different serial numbers for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Nice skins!!

For the Razorback skins, there is a dedicated topic:

24 minutes ago, Skywarp said:

Nice skins!!

For the Razorback skins, there is a dedicated topic:

Ah rgr. Skin threads are such a mess it's hard to figure out the right place for everything. I'll probably just create my own skin thread like everyone else to make it a bit easier.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Legioneod said:

I'm gonna keep working on it but here it is for those who want to use it.

Legioneod, Sorry please ignore all of the earlier post - it was a layer in my template that was superimposing the rogue serial number :sorry:

Note to self, don't paint, conference call and post simultaneously!

Edited by Yardstick
Update

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Ah rgr. Skin threads are such a mess it's hard to figure out the right place for everything. I'll probably just create my own skin thread like everyone else to make it a bit easier.

Yes, I agree with you, it really is a mess... maybe should be created a topic guide with all aircraft skins links.

Edited by Skywarp

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Yardstick said:

Hi Legioneod

Was just looking at this skin (very nice BTW).  I appreciate it is work in progress but I wanted to find an original image to do a version myself (I've done about 15 skins from the 57th FG across the D-22 and D-28).  However, the serial number is for Mike McCarthy's 'Maggie Hogan' a 27 block bubbletop. 

Image1.thumb.jpg.d62d8b3080630391151f79b249200dfd.jpg

I'm assuming you are aware of this but just wanted to flag in case it was a genuine oversight.

The skin I listed above is of a Razorback that was a hand me down to the 332nd fighter group from the 57th FG from my understanding. I've never seen a 57th FG P-47 with a red tail. I could be wrong and it could be the other way around (given to the 57th from the 332nd since the 332nd only used P-47s for a short time iirc)

63833300887919e2d557b27a23adc041.jpg

Edited by Legioneod

HI legioneod - Ignore all the earlier guff about the serial number, that was my mistake - template mix-up. 

The above pic is unusual but in my opinion it is definitely a 64th FS, 57th FG aircraft.  Firstly the pic is published on their site.  Virtually all the squadron markings are correct: black squadron number outlined in red and emblem are correct for the 64th FS. 

As you rightly point out the red tail is consistent with the 332nd FG.  I think your theory about a transfer is correct - my guess is that it's a hand-me-down from the 332nd to the 57th.  If it had transferred to the 332nd, I would have thought it would have been a simple task to use thinner to strip off the 64th emblem and squadron number.  Stripping the tail is an altogether bigger task!  The other thing that sways it for me is the black anti-glare strip - something the 57th did when based at Grosetto (I even have a good pic of the black paint having dripped down the panel lines on a freshly painted new arrival).    

Sorry I am publicly feeding my OCD - but I love all this detective work.

here is some tips for skin p47D22, all form 4th FG, p51 flown by Lt. Ralph "Kid" Hofers was excelent made, then what his P47?

3_61.jpg

3_92.jpg

3_102.jpg

Edited by -EAGLE-Shifter