Frame Rate Since 3.007

First I'd like to say I cant stay away from this game since I downloaded it, however, since downloading the latest update I have noticed a significant frame rate drop.  Significant because I had not changed a single setting and have been enjoying the game up to this point.

After downloading update on Steam, I have gone from around 50 to 60'ish FPS to 5 FPS and again no settings have been changed or anything before update.

So I cant really rate the update as I believe the update itself may have something to do with it? 

Forgive me if I sound like a Noob as I am but I'm at a loss as to why now this is happening, I have had the odd occasional lag here and there however, last night played till daybreak with no performance issues at all.  Now after update....I just cant play it!

Ok so a little on what I'm running.  Any ideas...please! I'd love to be playing right now than having this issue.

Alienware 17 R3  

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3GB GDDR5)
  • DISPLAY: 17.3”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS
  • STORAGE: 1000GB HDD + 256GB SSD
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4

I'd appreciate any ideas, could the update require I make graphic settings lower (which would be a shame)

Thanks Again.

Hey mate, 

From one Kiwi to another all I can say is no good Bro!

May I suggest that you turn down all the graphics settings, then bring them up again one by one until the loss of frame rates start to happen. Then you can pinpoint the cause and go from there. 

Cheers mate and good luck 

O_Smiladon

• Like 1

I have almost the same setup (proc + graphic card) and no problem for me to run the game with high/ultra settings.

Check your graphic card driver, maybe it need an update.
If it doesn't solve your FPS problem, try uninstall/reinstall the game.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Synchro said:

... try to uninstall all bos, and install new. I had this problem and now it works great.

I would like to do a clean re-install.  Can I save my key bindings / joystick button mapping to a separate folder?  If so, where do I find the file with my saved key bindings?

20 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Force the drivers to use nvidia instead of intel

How would I go about doing this? 

40 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I would like to do a clean re-install.  Can I save my key bindings / joystick button mapping to a separate folder?  If so, where do I find the file with my saved key bindings?

It's in the Data\Input folder.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Even though I noticed only a small performance drop with the new update, I did a clean re-install and saw a very good amount of improvement.  I recommend it. :)

I don't know how reinstalling the game can make it run better. In assumption that you do not using mods , changed badly configuration and don't know how to undo. My installation is from 2014 and runs smoothly up to today. 

10 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

I don't know how reinstalling the game can make it run better. In assumption that you do not using mods , changed badly configuration and don't know how to undo. My installation is from 2014 and runs smoothly up to today. 

When the update came, I noticed a 10-15 FPS drop from what I was getting.  I reinstalled and not only did I get the FPS back, I can run a some higher graphics settings without loss.  I don't know why either, but it worked for me.  And no, I didn't have a previous bad configuration.  I only ever changed settings in the in-game menu not cfg. files.  I'm using the same settings again + SSAO and HDR which were lowering FPS in the previous version for me. 

If your installation is working the way you expect it to, then good.  All I know is reinstalling did give me some improvement.   

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Tomcat;  I re-installed my game a couple of months ago.  I've had it right from the beginning and had never had to do a re-install before.

I don't know why - but it did make a worthwhile difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

right click on desktop, nvidia control panel/3D settings/Manage 3D settings/global settings or under program settings for BoX/ preferred graphics driver. If i recall correctly. It's been a while since I've been on a laptop

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Diggun said:

If you're on a laptop, bet you 10p it's the issue I mentioned. There is an easy fix, but I can't find it for some reason... 

Definately plausible and one I'll definatly check on. Thanks mate👍

I understand the grapics for the trees were addressed. Hence the read me on the new update release. 

I will trouble shoot this by reinstalling the game and making sure it's not running graphics from the inbored.  

Whether it's necessary or not, I always disable Mods On before I patch. I also reboot before firing up the game again. I also do a complete reinstall generally after a major patch like this. Again, maybe it isn't needed but with a good internet connection not that much time is needed and I like a fresh install every so often. It's never caused me any pain either way.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

New install is an emergency measure only for me - slow connection.

A secondary option would be to burn a copy to DVD of whatever version someone had that they felt was running great and then use that as their base if ever a problem arose after a possible bad patch experience.

Considering the size of the installs with skins most of us would have, burning to a Blu-ray is a better option than DVD.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 1

Well it sounds like what I have been experiencing too....I noticed since recent update that when I'm in the games menu and you see your aircraft panning around in the hanger, that ever so slightly stutters too! It never did that before update. 

Just saying because prior to that update, everything worked well and now I just cant play it anymore with it the way it is.

I even reinstalled the game with no change, ran Alienware Hardware Scans from Dell's Support app... All good and in working order.

So maybe it's a server issue? Maybe it's what you just described blackram....who knows...

On 11/22/2018 at 1:21 AM, Mobile_BBQ said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the Intel settings R Click on desktop and select Intel graphic settings, (on mine it's under the sub menu gaming) You have the option of running either inboard graphics or Nvidia as is my 970M and Auto which is Recommended (and is default) I didn't change any of those settings and left it on Auto. Not gonna play with it if it's default set. Now like I said, I could be wrong but that how I understand it when selecting graphic cards to use.