P-47D-28 (Battle of Bodenplatte) Template pack - REDUNDANT AS NOW OFFICIAL IN SIM

• 4 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:48 AM, PatCartier said:

The template should be more accurate if the part behind the pilot under the canopy was olive drab and not interior green.

SzB0ood.jpg

I've tried to modify it but but I couldn't do it.
Does anyone know how to do that?

Actually I think that this part of the template is quite accurate. Many photos from WW2 shows that a lot of Jugs had it painted like that. Look at my attached jpg.

Also many restored planes have it painted like that.

But probably there were some variations on some particular planes.

PANEL.jpg

Edited by 200th_Taro

lol it looks like you're right !! So, it would be just a bit of weathering... :fly:

Thx anyway^^

I'm working on a 2nd version of my 506 FS skinpack with many improvments : the 4k tactical code was not accurate, some others things like weathering and alpha channel work and 3/4 new skins.

Not just for teasing^^ > I'm working on Joe's Taxi with a parcellar picture. I don't know the tactical code even the serial. Let te know if someone can help^!

sq2LNN6.jpg

It takes me a lot of time and...a lot of fun !!

++

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2019 at 1:15 AM, Dijital_Majik said:

I haven't skinned a plane in over 15 years, but after going to Flying Legends a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't get the P-47D "Nellie B" there, out of my mind.

The colour scheme is based on F4-J 'Nellie B' 492nd Fighter Squadron, 48th Fighter GroupMore info on the real plane can be found here and here

Despite ICDP's incredible template making it easy, I've spent an embarrassingly large amount of hours getting every little possible detail painstakingly accurate to the real plane, including down to re-doing or placing even the stencils.  99% of people won't even see the vast majority of the little details, but I'm proud of her.  Hope you enjoy.

2019-7-24-22-40-4.png

Download link

Thank you so much for that skin. Ive been looking for something like that for a while now. Superbly done 👍

• Like 1
  • LukeFF unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...