Han

Game version 3.007 discussion: Bf109K4, P47D28, Camel, Pfalz, FM, Multiplayer, Damage and more

I think the P-47 might be the coolest plane to have been developed by this team thus far. I can't claim to know much about the P-47 aside from a few books like "Thunderbolt", but it most certainly feels and flies exactly as my mind imagined it would. 

• Upvote 1

P-47 is awesome! Thank you for making my favorite plane of all-time in such detail.

I just sat on the ground at idle moving all 6 (yes I have them all mapped) of my CH Throttle Quad levers and seeing all the cool cowls and shutters open and close. No other sim had all of these working I love it! Feels alive to me. So much fun thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Where is the intercooler control?

Manual says to keep intercooler neutral (50 %, which is also default setting) at speeds over 350 mph. I have so far failed to extract any more top speed by adjusting it. Its safe to not touch it at all.

Does anyone know where the undercarriage indicator is on the P47. I had a bloke look but can't find it.

Edited by Bloodsplatter

Just did a dive in a D-28 and K4 to see some of the differences.

P-47 dives extremely well but it's ailerons come off rather early, the K-4 accelerates slower imo but was able to achieve a higher dive speed before structural failure.

Realistically the Jug should never lose ailerons in a dive (at least not at the speed I was going)

I dove from around 30-32k ft for both aircraft. The Jug went from 30-about 10k ft in 10-15 seconds and attained a top speed of 570 before ailerons came off, was able to pull out at around 3000ft.

The K4 dove much slower and didnt lose nearly as much altitude as quickly. I got to around 580-590 before losing anything structural.

One thing I will say, at around 25-30k ft the P-47 handles extremely well, the K4 was a bit of a slouch in maneuverability. 

Edited by Legioneod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bloodsplatter said:

Does anyone know where the undercarriage indicator is on the P47. I had a bloke look but can't find it.

Doesn't have one.

Thanks again Devs for the Brazilian skin :ph34r:

Senta pua documentary: check 01h32m 😅

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Good to Great VR performance was within everyone's reach that had decent or high-end equipment. Some of them refused to turn down certain settings to achieve maximum performance. We never said it would run at 90 FPS with Ultra settings and still don't.

Jason

That is true. There is an issue preventing us lowering them, which is that turning Presets below "High" will break the clouds in VR - whether we have Clouds to "Max" or not. Caused by CloudSamples lowering with the Preset. Maybe you can help us out in that regard, there is even an offline mod that describes the issue - which doesn't help the more vocal online community though:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35264-mod-high-quality-clouds-in-low-preset/

I guess some people were just noticing an increase in performance in VR. Which is fantastic, just like the update and new planes.

P.S. Everyone is aware that a more thorough multicore-utizilation/dx12 is (far) future stuff, because it's much much more manhour-intensive to code that.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kalthios said:

Nice update, but hard to appreciate with the MS FFB2. Force feedback is still causing huge amounts of stuttering when I look around. Hoping we get a fix soon.

is it really? is this a known thing?

• Like 1

Fantastic upgrade! Thanks very much devs for your hard work!

Personally, I am very pleased with some work on AI improvements and new types of career missions.

P-47 is amazing as well as K4. Also, many new minor improvements are great.

Box is getting better and better  👍

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Good to Great VR performance was within everyone's reach that had decent or high-end equipment. Some of them refused to turn down certain settings to achieve maximum performance. We never said it would run at 90 FPS with Ultra settings and still don't.

Jason

Nobody in the IL2 VR community is trying to get 90 FPS on Ultra. Practically the whole of the VR performance threads (and there are many) are simply trying to from Good to Great with current gen hardware (i7s + 1080s).

This patch goes a long way to helping that. My VR experience is waaaaaaaay improved. Please keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

Curious, has anyone witnessed one of these events yet?

" 55. Aircraft fuel tanks may detonate (the probability depends on the amount of fuel left); "

Yes! Aircraft disintegrated spectacularly, from light MG fire!

2 minutes ago, CrazyDuck said:

Awesome! I cant wait to see it first hand!

43 minutes ago, Mewt said:

Nobody in the IL2 VR community is trying to get 90 FPS on Ultra. Practically the whole of the VR performance threads (and there are many) are simply trying to from Good to Great with current gen hardware (i7s + 1080s).

This patch goes a long way to helping that. My VR experience is waaaaaaaay improved. Please keep up the good work.

This go's for me to, my VR experience is way smoother after this patch. I was really impressed with the new planes and the whole VR experience of the game has greatly improved for me.

Well done dev's and it's much appreciated :salute:

I forgot to say, also liked the blood on the goggles after getting shot, nice touch. 

Edited by w00dy

Played with P47 and K4 - both fun in their different ways.  P47 feels large and solid but easy to put around in.  Anyway, back to the action, I jumped back into my VVS Moscow fighter Career.  Is it me or are the visuals much improved especially with lighting effects?  I16, Il2, Mig 3, 109 E7 and F's are looking very nice.

Of course I was flying my trusty I16,  Nice to have the Il2's slow down the 109 F's for us so we can get a shot at them 👍😁

Anyway, after getting separated from main flight, proceed to flight plan where Il2 base is to find a lone 109 F playing with landing il2's.  I am bingo ammo but play with him for a bit then decide to rtb, he tags along and tries to chew me up on landing.  I balls up an emergancy landing as it takes for ever to wind down my landing gear but I didn't wreak the plane so success.  Nice to have that added to the mission report system.

• Like 1

Has anyone else done any tank busting with the P47? I think it may be porked or nerfed. I keep getting hits on the tanks but they don't explode! Isn't the P47 supposed to be able to reflect the rounds from 8x.50BMG from the ground to the bottom of the tank to kill it?

• Haha 13
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Has anyone else done any tank busting with the P47? I think it may be porked or nerfed. I keep getting hits on the tanks but they don't explode! Isn't the P47 supposed to be able to reflect the rounds from 8x.50BMG from the ground to the bottom of the tank to kill it?

You can get the engine decks of light armoured vehicles, and have been able to since the P-40E. For tougher nuts I recommend using the bazookas, they're extremely accurate and deadly. Use the part of the gunsight that's shaped kinda like \o/ as a reference point, fire at about 300m distance in a slight dive and pull back hard before you crash!

Bravo Team; great update. Hell 8, '50's are hard to hide from!

Really nice to see so many improvements, including to AI

You all have made an amazing job!!

Love the JUG and KURFÜRST!  well done.

Love the new pilots too.

Love this update!

The updates and corrections are great. Thank You, the developer’s team, for this update.

The P47 is one of the last manual engine management planes, funny to fly. A beast in a dive, a hippopotamus in a climb.

Have a nice game to all. :salute:

8 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

,a hippopotamus in a climb.

Zoom climb is very nice though.

3 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Whats the amount of fuel Jug pilot would take historically in jabo mission?

Always full fuel. I've never read of any time where pilots took off with less than full fuel, unless it was an energamny maybe.

Edited by Legioneod

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

Though the amour of Tanks are thinner at the bottom, I doubt that this would work very well.

There might be real life combat reports indicating this, but do note that the number of Tank kills from Aircraft during WW2 was heavily exeggarated, both by the allies and the axis nations.

It is also take very precise aiming to get all 8 guns to hit the Tank, taking the gun convergence into consideration.

Even direct hits from 30mm AP rounds takes quite some hits at the right place to be effective.

Edited by fjacobsen

How do I update my game? I'm using steam edition.

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

This will only work with Tiger-tanks, relax....

• Haha 4

Steam recently started to delay the updates sometimes. Right click on the IL-2 entry in the Steam game library and choose 'manage downloads' - chances are the update is scheduled for some time late at night.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

Curious, has anyone witnessed one of these events yet?

" 55. Aircraft fuel tanks may detonate (the probability depends on the amount of fuel left); "

yeah man, was fighting some 110s in a MiG-3. Shooting at their engines / wingroots. One of em went FOOM! and blew up all over the place. Fun times 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheBlackPenguin said:

I forgot where my blip switch was when taking the Camel for a few spins, so I hit eject by mistake and yes it works with the poor victim of my ineptitude falling all the way down. He looked serene though.

Usually the pilots are pretty brave guys. :)

4 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

4 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

Awesome! I cant wait to see it first hand!

Note, that the probability of fuel tanks explosion depends on the amount of fuel in opposite way. If the airplane has almost empty fuel tank it might detonate more likely than with full fuel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Does anyone know, Is there a way to extend the visible tree line out a little bit further thru mods for this update?

18 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:

Note, that the probability depends on the amount of fuel left in opposite way. If the airplane has almost empty fuel tank it might detonate more likely than with full fuel.

This is probably due to the explosive mixture of air and fuel vapor in the fuel tank, no?

Is there an inert gas system modelled? (cooled and filtered exhaust gas was pumped into fuel tank to prevent this explosive mixture to form on some Russian birds).

Were there changes made to turbulence? I just got done flying a couple of career missions to check out the new AI and on one of them there was a thick cloud layer and turbulence was so severe that it was difficult to stay in formation. It was great, felt like the air was boiling!

Not much time for flying this week, got to try a quick mission in the Spit over Kuban, appears to be a nice performance improvement in FPS.

:good:

33 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:

Usually the pilots are pretty brave guys. :)

Note, that the probability of fuel tanks explosion depends on the amount of fuel in opposite way. If the airplane has almost empty fuel tank it might detonate more likely than with full fuel.

thanks for work on MP performamce for this update, mutch aprichiated 👍