Han

Game version 3.007 discussion: Bf109K4, P47D28, Camel, Pfalz, FM, Multiplayer, Damage and more

so continuing to enjoy the jug, but something doesn't seem quite right with it, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm having trouble keeping up with bombers at high altitudes (10,000+) even with the turbo and boost engaged at full. It just seems like the FM needs tuning. Hopefully someone will make a mod for the engine sound, cause the more I listen to it, the less I like it. Just doesn't seem to have that american muscle to it. I get that it's still early access too. 

9 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Most of the time, you'll want to just keep the turbo and throttle connected. 

All this talk about air planes. YOU GUYS FIXED VR PERFORMANCE? Are you effing kidding me? What on gods green earth did you guys do that I can play the game nearly maxed out now with no issues in multiplayer? This is the single best part of this update. Was it really trees killing performance this badly the whole time?

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Bravo Bravo Bravo . This truly is an amazing Sim and keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all your hard work developers! Money well spent 

This P47 is a treat to fly. Nothing else like it in the sim. Its about the only aircraft that doesnt need emergency power in high altitude just to maintain a good airspeed. 

The Ai dont know how to fly it though 😄

6 hours ago, hedger72 said:

AWESOME and THANK YOU!!!!

+1

🤗

57 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Yes, Ive had similar impression but with engine. Definitely deserves some tests on its durability. 

Definitely needs to be looked at imo. Machine guns have been taking my wings off no problem.

Engine is also pretty delicate imo.

I'm trying not to complain or sound ungrateful but I think a few things need to be looked at.

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

Definitely needs to be looked at imo. Machine guns have been taking my wings off no problem.

Engine is also pretty delicate imo.

I'm trying not to complain or sound ungrateful but I think a few things need to be looked at.

My impression as well. I also wonder how thick this armored plate is ? Can it protect against 13 mm AP ? 

As for complaining ... geee. I thought expressing your own opinion is normal and natural thing, regardless if positive or negative. A simple customer right. What gives ? Are you afraid of expressing yourself ?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Most of the time, you'll want to just keep the turbo and throttle connected. 

So just assign it to the throttle. Thanks.

I got the manifold pressure to 65 plus but I’m still only managing about 300 MPH. What else am I missing?

Just now, Hopper64 said:

I got the manifold pressure to 65 plus but I’m still only managing about 300 MPH. What else am I missing?

0% outlet cowl, 50% inlet cowl, 0% oil radiator.

3 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

My impression as well. I also wonder how thick this armored plate is ? Can it protect against 13 mm AP ? 

As for complaining ... geee. I thought expressing your own opinion is normal and natural thing, regardless if positive or negative. A simple customer right. What gives ? Are you afraid of expressing yourself ?

He's just trying to keep the white knights from jumping down his throat.

EDIT : Don't get me wrong, I think the dev team is great, but some people in this thread need to calm down about reports of bugs and stuff.

Edited by flyingfisch

1 minute ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Irl the armor plate could stop a 13mm, Johnson hid behind hit plate and a 20 mm struck it after going through part of the fuselage.

As for the complaining bit, people dont seem to take too kindly to negative opinions around here, so be it.

I'm a little unhappy with some of the Jugs odd characteristics.

5 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

TAS or IAS? 

7 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Irl the armor plate could stop a 13mm, Johnson hid behind hit plate and a 20 mm struck it after going through part of the fuselage.

I know how Buster looks after being hit by 20 mm:

c1hx.png

Guess it depends on 20 mm too.

The P-47 and the K-4 got some new art for their menu representation (along with the FC planes). Are we going to see the rest of the planes ported to the new style or not? 

• Upvote 2

Had a quick mission dogfight with Pfalz and Sopwiths.. set the pfalz on fire and  watched as the pilot rode the plane down and finally bailed!  I got so excited because I forgot the Germans had chutes!!!  though I think he died as soon as he bailed because he was dangling unconscious and didn’t get up when his chute touched down.... 

does anyone else find the puffs of smoke off the paper kites kinda overdone?

this is a crazy patch... 

the new ‘air compression’ seems to be interesting, I’m not sure how to experience it’s effects seeing as we can’t reach Mach... or would it be more of a terminal velocity???

help please

Thanks very much to the great DEVS for that epic update bringing us the the lovely P-47 and K4.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your hard work with the update devs!

Would be amazing if someone found an old real-life Jug driver and let him try it in VR. I'd be thrilled to see his impressions.

Speaking of my own experiences so far, while I havent flown much, I feel far less capable in P-47 against K-4 than in P-40 vs F-4. And i find it less resistant, or maybe its just impression due to better armament on 109s. It seems learning curve for P-47 is quite steep, but its gonna be fun to master it. 

Either way, with more and more aircraft I feel like there might be need in quick mission to introduce tabs for aircraft types or nations to split them since list is getting long and not organized. And new aircraft also pose another issue in terms of key bindings. I certainly would like to see RoF button asignment, for every aircraft separate, so I wont have to constantly fiddle in the key mapping options.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

@LukeFF Do you know if the Spit Mk IX will get throttle and RPM linkage in the future?

No, I don't know the answer to that. 

For those that haven't noticed it yet, check out what happens to the P-47's gunsight when rockets are carried. :)

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Voyager said:

TAS or IAS? 

Don't know the abbreviations. Thanks.

1 hour ago, RoflSeal said:

0% outlet cowl, 50% inlet cowl, 0% oil radiator.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

I made quick tests in Stalingrad Autumn and it seems to be that the top level speed performance for P-47 very, very closely follows the curve of P-47D10 with 56" in the P-47 speed graph you can find at Williams' site(blue line). I kept turbo RPM at 22,000, I was pleasantly surprised to see the engine not explode when I went well above the line. :) 

I still need to fiddle more with the intercooler but as predicted I believe it will be very solid as fighter too as long as there arent K-4s around, especially with the gun mods that make it faster. I love the cockpit and engine sound already.

Where is the intercooler control?

4 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Inlet cowl flaps. 

Edited by LukeFF

Wow! That was a lot more than I expected! Even the way vehicles disperse is changed.

It'd be nice if trucks didn't fireball quite so much though (just have a gradually spreading fire and then burn out).

2 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Intercooler control is the same as inlet control, Left Ctrl + minus / equals, so far I haven't needed to open further than 50%

I'm enjoying trying out the P-47. The NMF skins look great.

Do we no longer have the ability to adjust the sound bit rate as in the past? The adjustment screen only shows me sound level as an adjustment.

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Do we no longer have the ability to adjust the sound bit rate as in the past? The adjustment screen only shows me sound level as an adjustment.

Yes, the feature has been intentionally removed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, the feature has been intentionally removed. 

So then, would it be safe to assume that it is at 100% as default?

13 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

Don't know the abbreviations. Thanks.

Thanks.

TAS: True Air Speed

IAS: Indicated airspeed. 

IAS is what the gauge in the cockpit shows. Not sure whether this game has the speed bar or which it shows. At low altitudes TAS and IAS should match. At high altitude TAS is far higher than indicated. Basically, 300mph IAS at sea level is about 300mph TAS, but at 30,000 feet, it is more like 450mph+

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

So then, would it be safe to assume that it is at 100% as default?

That is correct.

• Like 1

Actually I find that the sound of the 47 loudness is almost distorted...    I know it’s suppose to be loud but it becomes almost static in the cockpit...

Fantastic update! 

...however there is a BUG since version 3.005 in the "Armoured Glass Head Rest" of the BF 109 G-14, has no texture in the glass or any kind of blue / green tint.

G-14

G-14.jpg

K-4

K-4.jpg

Edited by silverguun

2 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

All this talk about air planes. YOU GUYS FIXED VR PERFORMANCE? Are you effing kidding me? What on gods green earth did you guys do that I can play the game nearly maxed out now with no issues in multiplayer? This is the single best part of this update.

That sounds like a guy who isn't looking at a Jug on 4K monitor ;)

Seriously, glad you're loving the VR performance.

28 minutes ago, Voyager said:

TAS: True Air Speed

IAS: Indicated airspeed. 

IAS is what the gauge in the cockpit shows. Not sure whether this game has the speed bar or which it shows. At low altitudes TAS and IAS should match. At high altitude TAS is far higher than indicated. Basically, 300mph IAS at sea level is about 300mph TAS, but at 30,000 feet, it is more like 450mph+

Ah, thanks. I think I'm about 1000 meters, so not high altitude.