Han

Game version 3.007 discussion: Bf109K4, P47D28, Camel, Pfalz, FM, Multiplayer, Damage and more

2 hours ago, Matt said:

With the 4x guns mod, you're getting rid of 4 guns, so you only have 4 guns total left. If you want to have all 8 guns, simply don't use the modification.

Thanks. Didn't see that.

I'm really going to need a tutorial on using the P47. I'm sure it being underpowered is an issue on my part.

46 minutes ago, Bullets said:

Great update I am surprised how much I like the K4 and the P47 is a beast 😄 ! However I am kinda disappointed the Spit still does not have +25lb boost... It is now even more redundant in the BoOP plane set.. :( 

(You guys gave the k4 its super engine why doesn't the spit have its normal one...)

the MK IX has the Merlin 66 and 70. plus wing modification and a gyro sight? you think no time was invested to create all those options? It still has more options than the K-4 or the G-14. How about simply be happy with what you have. the devs do amazing work everytime they release a patch

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

I made quick tests in Stalingrad Autumn and it seems to be that the top level speed performance for P-47 very, very closely follows the curve of P-47D10 with 56" in the P-47 speed graph you can find at Williams' site(blue line). I kept turbo RPM at 22,000, I was pleasantly surprised to see the engine not explode when I went well above the line. :) 

I still need to fiddle more with the intercooler but as predicted I believe it will be very solid as fighter too as long as there arent K-4s around, especially with the gun mods that make it faster. I love the cockpit and engine sound already.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MDS1 said:

So Far the Jug is fab, a heavy girl but awesome! 😄 one question though.... (and thanks for the info on linking the throttle levers) there is a red turbine warning light in the cockpit, it's either on all the time or it flashes.... (screenshot attached) I have messed about with intercooler settings and supercharger/turbocharger settings.... but the light is always on. What am I doing wrong? Once again forgive the ignorance of this old guy. 

You aren't doing anything wrong - that's the way it works. The light glows steadily when the turbo is either (1) at idle or (2) overspeeding. It flashes continuously at all other times.

• Like 2

Excellent work as always guys, thank you very much to all involved.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Only 2 hours before I'm home:(.  But wife is gone for the rest of the day, grand daughter duty, Yea:biggrin:.  

Quick question, should I save my current missions? Also should I save my PWCG campaign folder and then reinstall?

Edited by Taxman
Added content

14 minutes ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

I kept turbo RPM at 22,000, I was pleasantly surprised to see the engine not explode when I went well above the line. :)

Yes, there are performance tests that show the P-47's turbo could go well above that limit without issues - IIRC 27-28,000 rpm. It was discussed in beta testing. 

In fact, in the P-47 N, the turbo overspeed warning light was eventually removed.

Edited by LukeFF

13 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

Thanks. Didn't see that.

I'm really going to need a tutorial on using the P47. I'm sure it being underpowered is an issue on my part.

Basically keep RPM, throttle and turobcharger lever at 100%. Fully close oil cooler and cowling flaps (unless you're climbing, then you might need to open them a little). Intercooler flaps at 50% is OK most of the time. Then engage water injection if necessary.

Also with full fuel load, it carries more than three times the fuel of a 109 and more than twice that of a Fw 190. So unless you plan to fly for a very long time, you can easily reduce fuel load by a lot.

It can't really follow anyone in a climb, but level speed and maneuverability is quite good, if you keep the speed high. You don't really have a real chance against a K-4, but at higher altitudes, it can fight a Fw 190 A-8 and Bf 109 G-14.

Left Shift  + B (engine boost) i'm fairly sure that's the default key mapping. 

Edited by MDS1

13 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Quick question, should I save my current missions? Also should I save my PWCG campaign folder and then reinstall?

I just loaded up one of my Single Player missions and it ran with no problems. Don't know about PWCG. :salute:

• Like 1

Jug is great. I have a few gripes but overall it's a great aircraft. The wings seem to fall off very easily though. Not very durable imo. Gonna do some testing and see.

1 minute ago, Thad said:

I just loaded up one of my Single Player missions and it ran with no problems. Don't know about PWCG. :salute:

Ok thanks.

Just now, Blitzen said:

Anybody tried landing the Jug? I did just now & put it into the ground before hitting the runway .It seems to have a substantially higher landing speed than what I'm used to ...you have been warned.

Just keep in mind that Jug will roll all the way around the Earth if you don't brake.  :lol:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Basically keep RPM, throttle and turobcharger lever at 100%. Fully close oil cooler and cowling flaps (unless you're climbing, then you might need to open them a little). Intercooler flaps at 50% is OK most of the time. Then engage water injection if necessary.

Also with full fuel load, it carries more than three times the fuel of a 109 and more than twice that of a Fw 190. So unless you plan to fly for a very long time, you can easily reduce fuel load by a lot.

It can't really follow anyone in a climb, but level speed and maneuverability is quite good, if you keep the speed high. You don't really have a real chance against a K-4, but at higher altitudes, it can fight a Fw 190 A-8 and Bf 109 G-14.

turning off auto prop pitch and lowering it and playing with rpms that way give it good bost up high, only way to get faster then K4 up high for me in game, but its risky to the engine. Also 10% fuel lasted around 9 min for me on full power, so no need for more then 40% for me :) 

Edited by 77.CountZero

Thanks great update,  love the two new planes in FC

I just have to up my savings for the Bodenplatte .

Yep. Couldn't see the modification subtracted guns on the P47. Sorted that, but still can't fly it worth a poo. So funny. Keep getting shot down. Air speed rarely over 220 MPH. What settings do I need to increase the RPM and speed on the P47? Thanks.

i was just doing short fights vs ai, and i used all trottle and rpm on max, and boost on, also outlets on 0%, was ok like that.

Did anyone else get prompted for a second update? I updated first thing this morning, it loaded up, took it for a quick hop, went to work and came back on lunch only to find it couldn't launch, said there were corrupt files..now it's trying to update again?

8 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

Yep. Couldn't see the modification subtracted guns on the P47. Sorted that, but still can't fly it worth a poo. So funny. Keep getting shot down. Air speed rarely over 220 MPH. What settings do I need to increase the RPM and speed on the P47? Thanks.

Engage boost and turbocharger and just watch that manifold pressure jump to 65 ;)

1 hour ago, Asgar said:

the MK IX has the Merlin 66 and 70. plus wing modification and a gyro sight? you think no time was invested to create all those options? It still has more options than the K-4 or the G-14. How about simply be happy with what you have. the devs do amazing work everytime they release a patch

Please find where I said no time was invested to create those options.... I am very happy with what we have, the spit is an amazing aircraft and they have done an amazing job with it.  However the point I made (which it seems you purposefully ignored) still stands, the aircraft has been handicapped unnecessarily. 

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

Fixed it for you.

:good:

Really disappointed with Devs!!

Why did you release the patch today?

I m at work 😫

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bullets said:

Please find where I said no time was invested to create those options.... I am very happy with what we have, the spit is an amazing aircraft and they have done an amazing job with it.  However the point I made (which it seems you purposefully ignored) still stands, the aircraft has been handicapped unnecessarily. 

Dude, give it a rest. You were just given a huge update today, but you still want to bitch about something else. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Dude, give it a rest. You were just given a huge update today, but you still want to bitch about something else. 

Sigh... Luke where are you reading that I am not grateful for the update.. Simply not the truth. Also I am hardly bitching about anything,  I raised my concern that in the future of BoOP, my favourite plane is going to be useless that is all. 

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 3

Just a note on the Turbo overspeed warning light:

The Turbo warning light goes on the instant you start the engine.

It glows steadily unless you use the turbo, in which case the light starts to flicker and continues to flicker until a speed of 20,000 RPM is reached. Then it glows steadily again. When this happens, reduce the RPM. The turbo is over-speeding. When using the turbo, the rule is keep the light flickering.

The engine exhaust-driven turbo-supercharger is not used for takeoff and landing and generally not required below 7,000 feet. The turbo controls consist of a turbo boost lever on the throttle quadrant (black knob furthest to the left). This can also be connected / linked to the throttle above 7,000 feet if desired.

The turbo instruments consist of the manifold pressure gauge and a turbo RPM gauge on the front panel. The yellow light will blink when the turbo is operating. It will become solid if the turbo exceeds its 20,000 RPM limit. The turbo RPM can be pushed to 22,000 RPM for 15 minutes maximum. The idea behind the light is to “keep the light blinking.”

Edited by fjacobsen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

Jug is great. I have a few gripes but overall it's a great aircraft. The wings seem to fall off very easily though. Not very durable imo. Gonna do some testing and see.

Yes, Ive had similar impression but with engine. Definitely deserves some tests on its durability. 

Absolutely marveled and delighted by this update! Delight, simply delight!

One minor note however, the Brazilian P-47 skin's description seemed a bit too minimal, and having some extra info in there would be nice. Definitely a sidenote, but I wanted to voice this even if it's just a whisper in a storm.

790426635_P-47B6.png.26ff2e46b7f8629e518e278d023575b9.png

"2nd Lt. Leon Roussoliere, 1st Fighter Aviation Group of the Brazilian Air Force, Italy 1944-1945"

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Engage boost and turbocharger and just watch that manifold pressure jump to 65 ;)

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

so continuing to enjoy the jug, but something doesn't seem quite right with it, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm having trouble keeping up with bombers at high altitudes (10,000+) even with the turbo and boost engaged at full. It just seems like the FM needs tuning. Hopefully someone will make a mod for the engine sound, cause the more I listen to it, the less I like it. Just doesn't seem to have that american muscle to it. I get that it's still early access too.