SCG_Riksen

II./JG52 emblem for carrer

1 hour ago, SCG_BOO said:

The first image is the Shield for JG52 not just II Gruppe. The Devil is 5./JG52 (III Gruppe).

Yes, I know about the shield being the symbol of the JG52 in general but for the lack of a better symbol (I believe the II Gtuppe did not have one in specific for the gruppe but only for the individual Staffeln) I used the general one which is better than the Axe one that was there IMHO but again, I do not know if the axe was the correct historical one. There are conflicting sources showing the devil one being used for the I Gruppe (2 Staffel) and also the II gruppe symbol and commonly seen in historical pictures associated with the 5. Staffel of JG52 (which is Gruppe II and not III).

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/jg52.html

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk/styled-15/styled-17/styled-470/index.html

I'll research some more ...

Edited by SCG_Riksen

Thanks Riksen,

That´s better than the axe symbol. I was wondering about that already in the past. Not even the official JG 52 association has any symbol for II.Gruppe listed. See my post from June below.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Yes, I know about the shield being the symbol of the JG52 in general but for the lack of a better symbol (I believe the II Gtuppe did not have one in specific for the gruppe but only for the individual Staffeln) I used the general one which is better than the Axe one that was there IMHO but again, I do not know if the axe was the correct historical one. There are conflicting sources showing the devil one being used for the I Gruppe (2 Staffel) and also the II gruppe symbol and commonly seen in historical pictures associated with the 5. Staffel of JG52 (which is Gruppe II and not III).

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/jg52.html

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk/styled-15/styled-17/styled-470/index.html

I'll research some more ...

Yup your are right - I types prior to coffee...never a good thing...II gruppe… (Dammit).

The Shield was, according to stuff I have, designed introduced in order to install a sense of Espirit d'corps amongst the various JG52 units by Major Hans Trubenbach around Late 1940 early 1941. As you say II gruppe had gone with individual staffle emblems (the cat, the red devil and the eagle (later snake) unlike I and III gruppes that had gruppe emblems and staffle emblems.  

I think its use as you have it is the best for sure.

When it comes down to the red devil being a II gruppe though I very much doubt it. Its a staffle emblem. The only thing I could put that claim down to was a misinterpretation somewhere of the notion that gruppe emblems always took precedence over staffle emblems.

5 JG52.JPG

You should just ask Spektre about this, since he's created all the Luftwaffe unit symbols. I'm sure he'll tell you where the source for the axe symbol comes from. 

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You should just ask Spektre about this, since he's created all the Luftwaffe unit symbols. I'm sure he'll tell you where the source for the axe symbol comes from. 

Good idea Luke. I'll do that ...

I'm also thinking about adding the following for immersion:

Sn3Veij.png

Hope @SCG_BOO will give me permission to include the skins in the mod.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
Forgot the spoiler for the image above
  • Like 2

Thanks for this Mod @SCG_Riksen it has made my Career in II/JG 52 just that bit more "Real" as I had never seen the axe symbol in any (albeit limited) literature I had read on JG52.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Good idea Luke. I'll do that ...

I'm also thinking about adding the following for immersion:

Hide contents

Sn3Veij.png

Hope @SCG_BOO will give me permission to include the skins in the mod. 

Good evening SCG_Riksen ,

It's very interesting

It would be a good idea for the immersion to be able to make a mod that allows to assign a different SKIN to each AI pilot of the squadron for the duration of the pilot's career

I tried to do the same as you modify the SKIN file in the SCG folder but did not achieve it completely.

I have a working version that assigns random JG52 skins to the pilots of ur unit but im not home right now (in porcess of moving) so Ill only he able to post it here later next week.

Thank you SCG_Riksen!! if it help you can find a lot information about Luftwaffe Emblems in a book call "Luftwaffe emblems 1939-1945 "  Barry Ketley 

Cheers!! :good:

20 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I have a working version that assigns random JG52 skins to the pilots of ur unit but im not home right now (in porcess of moving) so Ill only he able to post it here later next week.

This is very interesting, especially if it can be extended to other squadrons like that of the JG3 and the JG 52 for which packs of SKINs are already available for the BF109F4 and BF109G2. for the Stalingrad and kuban campaigns

I have BOM, BOH, BOK, and BOB installed, and now all the small icons on the gruppe selection screen for all units are screwed up (it's showing half shields and showing the wrong emblems, including russians for germans) when using this mod.

Presumably from 1C adding more units, which makes the offset locations in the old, smaller emblem master sheet no longer appear in the right places in game.
Can you update this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

I have BOM, BOH, BOK, and BOB installed, and now all the small icons on the gruppe selection screen for all units are screwed up (it's showing half shields and showing the wrong emblems, including russians for germans) when using this mod.

Presumably from 1C adding more units, which makes the offset locations in the old, smaller emblem master sheet no longer appear in the right places in game.
Can you update this?

As by the DD 222 announcement, maybe they fixed this II./JG52 issue. However it might make sense for Riksen to wait for the next official patch.

In the code, we have begun the long-awaited work on aircraft AI improvements: for instance, in the next update, we plan to release the improved formation logic. For Career mode, new squadron emblems, military ranks and awards for all three countries will be finished soon. 

• Upvote 1

Yep, I have the same issue as posted above. Can be seen on the maps as well.

Does anyone know where to find the current squadron art file? It doesn’t seem to be in any of the directories.

Sorry guys, I have been absent and not really flying at all lately. Anyways, when the new patch comes out, I'll take a look at the issue and fix the problem.

Thanks for reporting!

On 5/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Sorry guys, I have been absent and not really flying at all lately. Anyways, when the new patch comes out, I'll take a look at the issue and fix the problem.

Thanks for reporting!

Riksen,

I fixed that for you. I hope you don´t mind. See attachment:

jg52.jpg

II.JG52 emblem_V2.zip

• Thanks 2

Thank you Sevenless. I had completely forgotten about this lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Riksen, any progress on building out different skins for the whole unit that you were talking about above?

Edited by von_Michelstamm

26 minutes ago, von_Michelstamm said:

@Riksen, any progress on building out different skins for the whole unit that you were talking about above?

Yes. I have them all done for the 109s excwpt the K4 which doest really matter since the career mode does not go that far. The skins are a courtesy of @9./JG52_BOO. I'll have the complete set uploaded this week ... 

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, von_Michelstamm said:

are you planning on actually coding it as a mod so that it assigns the skins automatically? Would love that!

Sorry von. My home is undergoing some renovations and my computer is not accessible at the moment ... I'm gonna have to delay this for a bit but I'll get to it by next month and yes I hope to get the skins assigned automatically to your squadmates.

Posted (edited)

Hello ,

For assigns the skins automatically  at the wingmens, see my post

Spoiler

Edited by MarcoPegase44