Uriah

In opening scene have plane torn apart as in being overhauled.

When we first start the game we have the opening scene where the camera goes round the air craft.  I suggest having the aircraft torn apart as if a mechanic were giving it an overhaul.  You could even have a bunch of tools scattered about and oil on  the floor.  You could even give the community a chance to make the opening scene so you all could spend your good efforts on more important stuff.

• Upvote 1

When we first start the game we have the opening scene where the camera goes round the air craft.  I suggest having the aircraft torn apart as if a mechanic were giving it an overhaul.  You could even have a bunch of tools scattered about and oil on  the floor.  You could even give the community a chance to make the opening scene so you all could spend your good efforts on more important stuff.

Why? I want to see the aircraft as it looks like it's ready for a mission, not scattered about in a bunch of pieces. 

• Upvote 1

A sort of "homely" (i.e. workshop) kind of feel to it would be nice though. Some tools, a tool cart, spare parts etc.

Now that I would like!

If the engine is modeled in detail under the hood then I would'nt mind it to vary from hood off to the way it is now.Would be a great way to show how highly dteailed the models are....if they are.;)

Back over at RoF I remember the criticism of the "spinning balarina", the pointer icon the player sees during a loading period.  Finally Han replied something to the effect that it was intended to be an ironic symbol of beauty and innocence in contrast to the horror of the War.  They liked it and weren't going to change it.  After getting that inside peek at their idea of art, I liked it too.  This game is the I-16 that was hiding in the background of the later generation RoF loading screen.  I hope they continue their trend of keeping the art simple and emotional.  But what doesn't effect gameplay, doesn't concern me.

I took a look inside the LaGG model today and didn't find anything that isn't visible from the outside. No engine for instance. Since the opening screen shows the in game models, I suppose giving it an overhaul view requires 3D model rework.

Personally I like the idea - panels open, gas, oil and ammo being filled in - would be nice.

Ah, like in War Thunder, where if your plane is damaged, it appears that way in he hangar? It sure would be cool to see, but it probably won't be top priority for the devs :)

I love the current look, it's like you found that WWII treasure, all intact and covered with dust, in your great-uncles barn.

Back over at RoF I remember the criticism of the "spinning balarina", the pointer icon the player sees during a loading period.  Finally Han replied something to the effect that it was intended to be an ironic symbol of beauty and innocence in contrast to the horror of the War.  They liked it and weren't going to change it.  After getting that inside peek at their idea of art, I liked it too.  This game is the I-16 that was hiding in the background of the later generation RoF loading screen.  I hope they continue their trend of keeping the art simple and emotional.  But what doesn't effect gameplay, doesn't concern me.

I thought maybe one of the designers had a daughter. Good thing he clarifed about the symbolism. The ballarina, the Cinema loading screen, and the GUI all seemed incongruent to anything pertaining to or about WWI IMO. Planes fly really cool though!

The RoF art, from the music, to the scarves, to the movie theatre loading scene, is excellent and fitting to a more innocent and honorable era. The theme for BoS should likewise be made as fitting to the atmosphere surrounding the second world war in the East.

Edited by Venturi

I took a look inside the LaGG model today and didn't find anything that isn't visible from the outside. No engine for instance. Since the opening screen shows the in game models, I suppose giving it an overhaul view requires 3D model rework.

Are you sure about that?

• Upvote 1

The theme for BoS should likewise be made as fitting to the atmosphere surrounding the second world war in the East.

Edited by Cybermat47

I know lots of people will hate this idea but why not use the opening hanger screen for some revenue generating product placement? It is not as though it is much use for anything else.

I am sure 1CGS/777 could do with the extra money.  It could even be in period: I am sure Coca-Cola and Spam made it to the Soviets, why not see if the makers will pay a small sum to have a few crates lying around in the hanger? 

Sounds good to me.  And as aside just for now, the plane could be put together or apart as much as the game is finished.

Hi,

quite easy to see what's inside a plane if you go into external view while on the ground and then play with the scroll wheel zoom.

This way you can kind of move through the model and see what is inside.

The Lagg has no engine, the 109 has. Wonder why ...

Did you look at the video above? Those clipping issues don't always show internal components, that's not an acceptable method to prove what is or isn't present.

Edited by FuriousMeow