BlackSix

Official Poll: Theme for the next historical campaign

Official Poll: Theme for the next historical campaign  

164 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which historical campaign would be the most interesting for you?

• Another Luftwaffe fighter campaign: Bf 109 F-4 and Bf 109 G-2, October - November, 1942.
    • Another VVS RKKA fighter campaign: Yak-1 (series 69) and LaGG-3 (series 29), October - December, 1942.
    • VVS RKKA ground attack campaign: IL-2 (model 1942), December, 1942.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/18 at 01:00 PM

Hello everybody,

My new historical campaign is almost ready and we plan to release it before the end of the year. It will continue to illustrate the history of the Stalingrad battle and will be devoted to the actions of I./JG 52 (Bf 109 G-2) in September - October 1942.

Considering the significant amount of available historical sources from the archives, I'd like to create another, third campaign set during BoS timeframe. It will complete the Stalingrad trilogy and will use our updated and beautiful winter map. In this situation, I want to ask you which one of the three following themes would be the most interesting for you.

The poll will be closed on November 30, 2018.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

I'd love to do some winter ground pounding! Many thanks for opening this up to the community to vote on.

I voted for the LW campaign, but will buy whatever you decide to make. All three look interesting.

• Upvote 1

If the third sells well enough - why not go for all three for a pentalogy? :)

38 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Your Sea dragons campaign was excellent, @BlackSix. I am eager to see more ground pounding! Thank you!

10 minutes ago, JtD said:

If the third sells well enough - why not go for all three for a pentalogy? :)

I'd like to work on BOBP and maybe BOK after BOS campaign you'll choose at this poll.

• Like 1

I like the campaigns as a learning ground to introduce myself to new planes. What about a Pe-2 campaign to learn the level bombing as well? 🙂

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Upvote 1

30 минут назад, samson сказал:

Was wondering about fictional 1945-campaign after Nazi defeating. 

VVS vs. USAF? :)

Not to derail this thread, but I would totally go for a p.40 campaign in future.....

.....After the Tempest & 190 BoBP campaigns obviously.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I like the campaigns as a learning ground to introduce myself to new planes. What about a Pe-2 campaign to learn the level bombing as well? 🙂

The bombers are a completely different "world", I've never done such campaigns and don't plan it.

It would be much interesting to play official scripted campaigns, if we could choose custom skins not for only own planes but either friendly squadron. But this question i think should be addressing for Dev. Anyway i made my vote.

• Upvote 1

Aaaaarr, it's time for LA-5 . 😛 There is only couple single player missions for it. Anyway, it's great to hear new campaigns coming ,thanks

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hartigan said:

Aaaaarr, it's time for LA-5 . 😛 There is only couple single player missions for it. Anyway, it's great to hear new campaigns coming ,thanks

That is a very good choice. I would have voted for that if it had been offered.

It seems like the La-5 is not being used very much in the sim.

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Upvote 1

I know it isn't an option, but could there be a chance of seeing some different aircraft?

Maybe a Bf-110, Ju-87, or Hs-129 ground attack campaign, or a lend-lease squadron armed with the P-39, Spitfire Vc, A-20, or P-40?

Not to complain, I'll keep buying your work. I just want to see what could be possible with something 'fresh'.

:P

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

I know it isn't an option, but could there be a chance of seeing some different aircraft?

Maybe a Bf-110, Ju-87, or Hs-129 ground attack campaign, or a lend-lease squadron armed with the P-39, Spitfire Vc, A-20, or P-40?

Ok, I'll try to explane. At present I choose player aircraft only from the standard edition list. So we can write "This campaign requires IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad" and there is no any problem. You may have any BOS version, buy such campaign and play. If I'd want to use BOS map and any collector plane or plane from BOM or BOK, this becomes a problem and greatly complicates the conditions. I can't take that much risk.

So, for the BOS campaign we can use only 8 planes from the standard edition - Yak-1, LaGG-3, IL-2, Pe-2, Bf 109 F-4/G-2, Ju 87 and He 111. I've no any skills to do bomber campaign and we've some issues with Ju 87 AI. All other planes you can see in the poll)

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Ok, I'll try to explane. At present I choose player aircraft only from the standard edition list. So we can write "This campaign requires IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad" and there is no any problem. You may have any BOS version, buy such campaign and play. If I'd want to use BOS map and any collector plane or plane from BOM or BOK, this becomes a problem and greatly complicates the conditions. I can't take that much risk.

So, for the BOS campaign we can use only 8 planes from the standard edition - Yak-1, LaGG-3, IL-2, Pe-2, Bf 109 F-4/G-2, Ju 87 and He 111. I've no any skills to do bomber campaign and we've some issues with Ju 87 AI. All other planes you can see in the poll)

Seems perfectly fine then. I look forward to whatever you make! :salute:

On 11/15/2018 at 6:32 PM, BlackSix said:

The bombers are a completely different "world", I've never done such campaigns and don't plan it.

What about an airbridge campaign full of Ju-52 (not only) which can be played on both side

Transport aircraft on german side and fighter on the russian side

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 8:58 PM, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Not to complain, I'll keep buying your work. I just want to see what could be possible with something 'fresh'.

:P

I have a 110 campaign you can play. Look for Fire and Ice in the scripted campaigns section. 

Ju-87 has AI issues that make it impossible to make a quality campaign. 

Hs-129 has AI issues that make it impossible to make a quality campaign. 

He-111's have AI issues that make it impossible to make a quality campaign. 

annnnnnd I'll stop there. 

11 hours ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

What about an airbridge campaign full of Ju-52

A long time ago I was thinking of making a Ju-52 "campaign" (technically a mission set really) that goes through all the maps and has historically based scenarios. Unfortunately this is kind of a personal cop-out since AI issues greatly limit my options. 

13 hours ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

What about an airbridge campaign full of Ju-52 (not only) which can be played on both side

Transport aircraft on german side and fighter on the russian side

This means I've to do 2 different campaigns - 30 different missions, briefings, etc. I've never done smth like the mirror and symmetrical missions for the both sides as it's disrespect for my users. Next, I've already explained the situation with the collector planes above. If you want to get the fighter campaign "against German air bridge" it's an option №2 in the poll.

• Upvote 1

Well, I understand where the insistance on "standard a/c of BoS" comes from but it really limits the potential campaign topics to what is essentially already there. It's supremely unfortunate that the AI issues remove the Ju 87 from the pool of potential aircraft same as the Hs 129. Because both would offer something new. To be honest yet another fighter campaign (on either side) or one more Il-2 campaign wouldn't be of interest to me personally (TBH since I only fly german a/c russian campaigns aren't my cup of tea anyway).

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

A Hs 129 campaign would certainly kick in the door to the weird and wonderful.

I've tried to build one, but the results were rather disappointing, thanks to the AI. I think an Il-2 Stalingrad campaign is a better choice for ground attack fans.

4 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

A Hs 129 campaign would certainly kick in the door to the weird and wonderful.

Yep that´ll be cool. A Ju 87 G Tankbuster campaign also would be highly appreciated.

• Upvote 3

Guys, let's go back to the discussion of the proposed options. At the moment I can't do something else.

• Like 1

So, if in a week nothing changes, you will get the ground attack campaign :)

I've found very interesting information in the Russian archives. At the end of November 1942, a special IL-2 group was formed from the 226th division consisting of experienced aircraft crews capable of operating in difficult weather conditions. Their main task was to hunt for German transport aircraft. Also, on December 19, on the base of this division, a group was formed to repel the German offensive from the Kotelnikov area (operation "Wintergewitter").

So, I can make a campaign that will contain such missions:
- free hunt for German transport aircraft
- strikes at German airfields in the
Stalingrad cauldron
- strikes at German troops in the Stalingrad cauldron
- repel of the German counter-offense in December

All this will be accompanied by frequent changes of airfields. I guess such campaign will be much more interesting than
boring Sea Dragons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

To be honest,I would prefer a La-5 or La-5FN Campaign. We already have a Il-2 Campaign,and this Planes get way to less attention in the Box Series I think.

• Upvote 1

@BlackSix ahhh,I did read it multiple times. Sorry, totaly forget it.

Well, if Bombing and Divebombings are out of question....then I would vote for a Bf-110 or a Lagg-3 Campaign.

4 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I can't use any collector planes, please read this post

IMHO this is precisely the point. Create campaigns of the Collector's  planes to boost their sales. It would be like a kind of combo pack.

However, I will not insist more. It was just my two cents.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51_Spartan

14 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51_Spartan said:

IMHO this is precisely the point. Create campaigns of the Collector's  planes to boost their sales. It would be like a kind of combo pack.

However, I will not insist more. It was just my two cents.

Yeah, i would love hs129 campaign, it would be something amazing! Maybe collector plane + campaign would be nice selling method