Jump to content
SAG

Anyone thinks they should give us a Storch?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

I would like a nice porch, but alas I live in an apartment and it would therefore be a trifle wasted.

 

Still, good idea.

 

I think perhaps what you need is a Bristol Balcony.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stix_09 said:

 RC stuff has advanced leaps and bonds since then , and its a much more affordable hobby too...(especially for electric lipo stuff)

All the electronic gear is far cheaper and vastly better, eg you can buy a controller for $100 that would have cost far more back then and been far less powerful.

 

Wow, yeah if memory serves I paid somewhere between 300-500 bucks back then for a good Futaba radio set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

 

I think perhaps what you need is a Bristol Balcony.   

 

I'll take a Sopwith Sociable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Each to their own I suppose.  It's a Westland Strumpet for me!

 

I'm married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, better they focus on the Mosquito. Would fit better for BoBP and would offer many tactical roles, or let´s say would offer much more user playability roles.

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 AM, ST_ami7b5 said:

Storch and Fw189 played an important role at Eastern Front.
I would buy both of them immediately.

This.  I would shell out for these in a heartbeat as well.

 

Cheers,

 

Fafnir_6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

This.  I would shell out for these in a heartbeat as well.

 

Cheers,

 

Fafnir_6

 

Same here. Both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK, she's the most ever built military plane, so... yes ! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 9:38 AM, ST_ami7b5 said:

Storch and Fw189...[snip]
I would buy both of them immediately.

What he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite a direct equivalent, but Hs 123 could be a good U-2 counterpart. 

30s biplane, slow, armed, useful for observation, harassment and light attack, iconic, fits the Eastern Front...

 

On 11/16/2018 at 9:44 AM, AeroAce said:

There once was a WOL mission where you had to land in a field, drop off a spy..

 

Westland Lysander...?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No no no no no. Just a waist of time. The Ju-52 and Po-2 that three very vocal people where winning about and spamming everywhere have horrible sales and almost bankrupt developers so no more time waisted on stupid things nobody will buy! Make more things like Me-262 that everybody is waiting for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have Actual sales figures? Also, The PO-2 is only out for a few days. If they only make what the most people want we wouldn't have this sim. We would have Warthunder.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, 77.CountZero said:

insted this type of airplanes it would be better to do bombers or ground attack airplanes missing.

 

insted c-47 they can make B-25 flyable, or some other version of A-20.

Insted u-2 some ground attacker or missing early fighter version, insted ju-52 do-217 and so on, i think thouse would sell beter and atract more players to buy them and would be better for game as it is used.

 

People need to stop bringing up the Do-217. It only flew over England and was never even near the eastern front. And by the time Bodenplatte started they were all gone. 

 

Grt M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarpalaxan said:

Do you have Actual sales figures? Also, The PO-2 is only out for a few days. If they only make what the most people want we wouldn't have this sim. We would have Warthunder.

I got them from that anti-Ju-52 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even i like the ju52 and kukuruznik i don't think devs should keep spending resources on such planes, maybe every once in a while but not as constant project.

Few planes as such are enough, B25 and Mossie however are better investment imo!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm said:

 

People need to stop bringing up the Do-217. It only flew over England and was never even near the eastern front. And by the time Bodenplatte started they were all gone. 

 

Grt M

ok then some other bomber or ga if do-217 dont fit. Its just my view from customer who has 0 interest in geting u-2, ju52, or maybe planed c-47 or axis recon airplane, when i see how long it takes to make one of thouse, and things/type of missions that thouse airplanes can do in game to give varaiti to players, can easy be done with combat airlanes strip of bombs and send on recon, supply or what not mission people think they need time be wasted on thouse airplanes.

I-153 would be better choice to spend 1 year to make then u-2 in my opinion. I hope that ppl who wonted thouse airplane buy them 2-3 times so it pays off for making them, i see they are offten being gifted so thats good atleast, to offset grumpy ppl like me who dont get them.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

I got them from that anti-Ju-52 guy.

 

Well that sounds like a credible and unbiased source. 

 

 

We've got enough fighters, if that’s your interest you’re well catered-to already.

What we don’t have enough of is variety.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Fieseler Storch would be a nice addition. Also the contra is understandable, but it is not all about the air fight.

When (what I really hope) the C-47 comes next, we also have a transport/paratrooper aircraft for the allied side.

And it deserves its place just as much as any 109 or La5 in my eyes.
It's no problem if someone doesn't find this aspect interesting, but that makes the game more diverse than other titles like War Thunder for example.  
Also reconnaissance aircraft, with appropriate mechanics, are surely attractive for one or the other. It doesn't all have to be a fighter or a bomber.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

ok then some other bomber or ga if do-217 dont fit. Its just my view from customer who has 0 interest in geting u-2, ju52, or maybe planed c-47 or axis recon airplane, when i see how long it takes to make one of thouse, and things/type of missions that thouse airplanes can do in game to give varaiti to players, can easy be done with combat airlanes strip of bombs and send on recon, supply or what not mission people think they need time be wasted on thouse airplanes.

I-153 would be better choice to spend 1 year to make then u-2 in my opinion. I hope that ppl who wonted thouse airplane buy them 2-3 times so it pays off for making them, i see they are offten being gifted so thats good atleast, to offset grumpy ppl like me who dont get them.

 

If you’re concerned about development time being ‘wasted’ on aircraft that aren’t fighters, I would point out that its taken just over a year between the U-2’s announcement and it’s release. 

 

In that time we have had:

 

- Four Bodenplatte aircraft; 109K, P-47, Spitfire IX and 190A-8 (all fighters)

- 109G-6 and La-5FN (both fighters)

- P-39 and Yak-7 (remember them?) from Kuban, as well as the A-20 (two fighters and a bomber)

- Work-in-progress shots of the 190D-9 (fighter) and Me 262 (fighter)

 

So, at this rate of going, we’ve had eight fighters released (not counting the Spit IX HF/LF or 190A-8/F-8 which are basically two-in-one aircraft thanks to mods), and two further fighters demonstrably far on in development, in the time it’s taken to get one non-fighter. 

 

So at a ratio of 10:1 I wouldn’t worry about dev time being ‘wasted’ on things that aren’t fighters, it looks like you’ll be grand. 

 

 

Also we’ve had the Camel, SPAD, Pfalz and Dr.1; sure, they’re in Flying Circus but they’re fighters in that context. I wouldn’t fancy dogfighting a Yak or a P-51 in a Camel but I’d even less rather attack a ship or bomb an airfield from 20,000 ft in one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Royal_Flight said:

 

If you’re concerned about development time being ‘wasted’ on aircraft that aren’t fighters, I would point out that its taken just over a year between the U-2’s announcement and it’s release. 

 

In that time we have had:

 

- Four Bodenplatte aircraft; 109K, P-47, Spitfire IX and 190A-8 (all fighters)

- 109G-6 and La-5FN (both fighters)

- P-39 and Yak-7 (remember them?) from Kuban, as well as the A-20 (two fighters and a bomber)

- Work-in-progress shots of the 190D-9 (fighter) and Me 262 (fighter)

 

So, at this rate of going, we’ve had eight fighters released (not counting the Spit IX HF/LF or 190A-8/F-8 which are basically two-in-one aircraft thanks to mods), and two further fighters demonstrably far on in development, in the time it’s taken to get one non-fighter. 

 

So at a ratio of 10:1 I wouldn’t worry about dev time being ‘wasted’ on things that aren’t fighters, it looks like you’ll be grand. 

 

 

Also we’ve had the Camel, SPAD, Pfalz and Dr.1; sure, they’re in Flying Circus but they’re fighters in that context. I wouldn’t fancy dogfighting a Yak or a P-51 in a Camel but I’d even less rather attack a ship or bomb an airfield from 20,000 ft in one. 

and with all thouse fighters i still wont Spitfire XIV, 109G10 190A9 Typhoon as collectable just to complete BoBp missing fighters, and few more for east front, and thats only fighters, i can se also more bombers that i could put before recon or transport, so if time for them is insted spend on C-47 or Storch or similar then it bothers me, as in my view A-20 or pe-2 can easy do transport missions same way C-47 can ( with no mehancs added to reword them with ju52 now, same could be done with he-111 insted).

But if people buy u-2 in big numbers then it pay off, if not i hope they stick with missing fighters and bombers as cllectables.

 

Few months ago they had demo in USA nevada if i remenber corectly, and it was civilian sim games mostly there, did they decided to demo ju-52 ? or Spitfire IX ? it was 3xSpitfire IX boots as this is ww2 combat sim, i never understod apeal of civilian sim and still see no need for more then simple AI ju52 or c-47 at max...

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Royal_Flight said:

So at a ratio of 10:1 I wouldn’t worry about dev time being ‘wasted’ on things that aren’t fighters, it looks like you’ll be grand. 

Imo, it would be wasted, if it doesn't turn a profit. Of course it's too early to tell, but the U-2 costs $19.99 a piece and it didn't get produced for free. This is not a charity and wanting every niche plane might make a few people happy for a short while, but in the long run it might lead to a bitter disappointment for everyone when all of the sudden no planes get released at all.

 

Not that i would rather have another 109 or 190 than a Storch, but there are plently of planes (and i don't mean just fighters) around that imo would probably be more sucessful than a Storch. Besides that, at least for now, there's very little you could do with a Storch besides flying around a bit. So with no proper missions and mechanics avaliable, fun will wear off even for Storch fans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any more Ost Front planes come in to the sim, I'd say the I-153 and Hs 123 would be a great pair to have.  Both did yeoman service in the East and they would add some nice visual flavor, and interesting flying to the sim.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Junkers 52 has a huge handicap :  no russian counterpart. 

After the release of this plane some servers included it , but then they were missing like in wings of liberty.

 

Nonetheless, when there is an mp event, some people are choosing it. Sometimes, we have 10 people flying them.  All this with no scoring points sadly.

Thus I believe tante ju has a fair popularity given its huge handicaps.

 

I would not have bought Bobp, flying circus and even tank crew in the first place, I never use their content . But since the devs did something truly innovative and got out of their confort zone (releasing uber figther/bomber) with Tante Ju, support  them with my money is the least I can do.

 

War is not only with bullets and bombs . And a fair amount of people wants somethin else assiciated with new gameplay. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I would like the Fi 156, I don't see it being anything more than an AI plane. It's not like one could make it a viable plane in career mode, for one thing - there weren't staffels of the things roaming the front.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

Lets be real.  It's not like we'll see many flying the U2 after the shine wears off either.

Should I assume that you mean in the MP microcosm? Offline might be different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, Matt said:

Imo, it would be wasted, if it doesn't turn a profit. Of course it's too early to tell, but the U-2 costs $19.99 a piece and it didn't get produced for free. This is not a charity and wanting every niche plane might make a few people happy for a short while, but in the long run it might lead to a bitter disappointment for everyone when all of the sudden no planes get released at all.

 

Not that i would rather have another 109 or 190 than a Storch, but there are plently of planes (and i don't mean just fighters) around that imo would probably be more sucessful than a Storch. Besides that, at least for now, there's very little you could do with a Storch besides flying around a bit. So with no proper missions and mechanics avaliable, fun will wear off even for Storch fans.

 

I’m not advocating for a Storch, at the risk of antagonising both sides in this debate I’d say that I don’t actually think the Storch is the right plane to be added to BoX. 

 

But there should be more non-combat aircraft in general. Balance it out a bit, give VVS/Allies a transport and Luftwaffe a recon or spotter so there’s something for each side and then there’s more to do than circle warily at 5000m waiting to shoot the wings off anyone below you.

 

Especially now with player-controlled tanks in the mix, it wouldn’t take much to build a proper combat ecosystem with bombers hitting targets behind the lines, fighters trying to stop them, tanks pushing the frontlines on the ground supported by arty spotters and attackers, and transport keeping ground units and airfields supplied. Especially when the Air Marshal feature is introduced. 

 

Then BoX would be something really cool, that’s a unique selling point right there. 

Edited by Royal_Flight
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't directed at the OP or even the desirability of getting a Storch, but.......

 

......these threads and polls where someone asks: "Do you think they should give us a X' (where X = OP's desirable aircraft of choice) will always get most people answering 'Yes'.

 

I mean, we all want to see EVERY significant aircraft of WW2 released and in the sim. Preferably by tomorrow.

 

Without even a nod towards the practicalities it's a meaningless question - at the very least say what other aircraft that you want, or that has been announced and is planned, that you're willing to do without or have delayed while they work on and give you 'X'.

 

Otherwise it's just like a kid's Santa Claus letter - I want, I want, I want........

...

...

 

To lighten the message a little , and strep out of 'grinch' mode, I'll just add .........'Happy Christmas to all....'

 

 

 

Edited by kendo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

Lets be real.  It's not like we'll see many flying the U2 after the shine wears off either.

Lets be real.  It's not like we'll see many flying the Junkers 52 after the shine wears off either. (said someone 2 years ago when it was released)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still fly the Ju52... sometimes just for the hell of it.

 

Some I think bemoan the odd different type but I think they add flavour to the sim and it helps draw in some added interest from people who may not be all about the fighter and bomber elements of the sim. I mean, most of us are here for those kinds of things, but keep in mind that not everyone is you and there are people who may buy some other things for this sim if only to experience something different. The contrarians of the group.

 

I know some are worried too about sales. Let the developers worry about that. They have the data and they know the risks they are taking with content and I think they also know that a wide appeal can sometimes be worth more as a package than individually.

 

I think a DC-3 option for the Allied side would be a good counterpart to the Ju52 and offer a kind of multiplayer parity that could make for some more interesting online scenarios. I've seen it happen in IL-2 and I've seen logistics as part of that other multiplayer combat sim and it can add layers and depth to the experience that you may not anticipate at first.

 

Both Ju52 and U-2 need to be given more things to do or more rewards for doing them in the future. Tonnage of transport materials delivered? Artillery spotting for the U-2 and the kill assists that come from that? Recon options for all kinds of planes. etc. These are the game elements that help support and make these shine. Ideas and options for the future.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I think a DC-3 option for the Allied side would be a good counterpart to the Ju52 and offer a kind of multiplayer parity that could make for some more interesting online scenarios. I've seen it happen in IL-2 and I've seen logistics as part of that other multiplayer combat sim and it can add layers and depth to the experience that you may not anticipate at first.

 

Both Ju52 and U-2 need to be given more things to do or more rewards for doing them in the future. Tonnage of transport materials delivered? Artillery spotting for the U-2 and the kill assists that come from that? Recon options for all kinds of planes. etc. These are the game elements that help support and make these shine. Ideas and options for the future.

You said it all dear ShamrockOneFive!

I am out of reactions given my generosity on fan club topics.

We really need  rewards and new gameplay. that is for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me would, too, like the emergence of Storch! Guys can you create a poll in which it would be possible to find out the preferences of the Western community.

Apparently, the Fi-153 will compete with the FW 189 in the expectations of the players. And the choice of a low-speed scout in contrast to the U-2 will occur between Fi-153 and FW 189

On the last Friday for Russian speakers I did a poll during which it turned out that the advantage of FW 189 with ratio of 1: 4 (1: 5)

P.S.
In Russian FW-189 is Рама, Fi-153 is Шторьх.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/8070-что-на-ваш-взгляд-наиболее-интересное-из-этих-пар-какой-самолет-для-вас-наиболее-ожидаем/

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ST_ami7b5 said:

 

I´d like to buy both of them, but if I had to choose just one then I would go for FW 189.

 

Yeah, the Fw 189 would be a much better counterpart for the U-2 than the Storch. 

 

Shame the Bv 141 never saw much use... I’d have enjoyed flying one of those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

But there should be more non-combat aircraft in general. Balance it out a bit, give VVS/Allies a transport and Luftwaffe a recon or spotter so there’s something for each side and then there’s more to do than circle warily at 5000m waiting to shoot the wings off anyone below you.

I agree that the Allies could need a transport plane (Li-2 would make the most sense), but again, i doubt it will sell well enough and that more people would buy a Li-2 than the Ju 52. Maybe if it would be a combined Li-2/DC-3 release it would sell as good as the Ju-52, but that would also increase developement costs.

 

But even then, you could add planes like the Me 410, which was used in the recon role, in addition to being a fighter bomber (and of course intercepting, even though that's probably of limited importance with the current plane set). I don't think a dedicated recon and/or spotter plane like the Storch would be very useful now. It makes more sense to add multi-role planes which would appeal to a wider audience.

Edited by Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the FW 189 makes a lot of sense as a counterpoint to the U2-VS.  Both were used for observation, and both can also be flown in a combat profile because they can carry bombs.  This means they can serve the needs/wants of both the online and offline groups equally.

 

The Ju52/Li2 match up is a separate subject entirely, IMHO, as they are transport aircraft and don't fly the same types of missions as the FW189 or U2-VS.  And yes I know that both had bomber variants, however, both proved to be less than acceptable in that role. Their primary use was as transports.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...