Anyone thinks they should give us a Storch?

Did i ever mention that i got back into flight simulators because i wanted to start RC flying but had no money at the time?

Well here is my first successful takeoff on my FT Storch...

Don't ask about the landing tho...:ph34r:

• Like 2

I don't think they should. If they ever did it would be lovely, but you will find it more useful in the upcoming Deadtsick Bush Flight Simulator coming up. (Of which it will be a Part). 

Il-2 isn't really all that built for STOL Bush Planes.

If of course the Mission Tasks for Liason and Ambulance were standardized in a meaningful way at some Point with the Po-2 I may change my Mind.

Brings back memories. I was quite heavy into RC plane flying in my younger years - mostly in the late 70's to early 90's.

Got quite involved in RC Pattern flying competitions.

I had some great times back then, but I burned myself out on it and never had the desire again.

2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

RC planes just don't work for my money unless they are  HUGE.

Otherwise they just look like a housefly buzzing around.

I recently discovered the world of microscopic indoor RC electric aircraft that are scale accurate.  Those are a pretty nice alternative. :)

• Like 2

I dont know, i think the storch would be a nice german counterpart to the po2

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

I recently discovered the world of microscopic indoor RC electric aircraft that are scale accurate.  Those are a pretty nice alternative. :)

You mean the hand-wound coreless motor stuff? ive seen them and they look pretty awesome (though i wouldnt know where to start)

• Like 1

I would love to fly a Storch in game. I suppose with the po2 and tanks coming there could be some interesting mission types available making it more useful.

It also would really mean a lot to me as my great grandfather was flown around Stalingrad in/out of Tatsy/Moro in one helping to set up communications. Once was flown into Gumrak or Pitomnik after they were encircled and was jumped by a couple yaks. He never had to fire a shot as the pilot was pretty good and timed his steep turns well enough the yaks never got a shot. I had the opportunity to fly a 2/3rds scale Slepcev Storch in Picton, Ontario around 2011. More fun than one should be allowed.

... And what would we give the Americans? Piper cub? Stinson L5?  I'd love a Noordyun Norseman ;) although they only take off with a load because the earth curves. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

More info pse mine fine Feathered friend. Phot perhaps?

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I used to build plastic models but they didn't fly very well.

• Haha 2

What would the mission profiles look like?  Storch and Fw-189 were both used as spotting planes, so bringing in RoF style arty spot missions would be something.  Also recon, so RoF recon missions could be brought in.  Things like liaison and cargo delivery pretty much amount to fly from point A and land at point B.  

Of the lot I always thought that arty spotting was fun.  The others not so much, but that's me.  Ju52 and PO2 sales IMHO tell the tale.  If the Ju52 was a profitable endeavor and the PO2 becomes profitable then that will tell if there is a return on investment.

• Upvote 2
21 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Here’s one.  The neckbeard is optional though.  

I thought you were talking more along these lines...

On 11/14/2018 at 1:37 AM, dburne said:

I had some great times back then, but I burned myself out on it and never had the desire again.

Samesame, though in early 2000's. F3A. Slowflyers compared to what you guys were flying. Eventually tired as the time I kept investing in it got out of hand.

• Like 1

Seing how long it takes to even get one collectable airplane i realy hope they dont waist time even of 3rd party guys on airplanes like this in this game, 2 collectors airplane every 1-2 years and then waisting that on airplanes like this is no good for game.

i dont have ju52 and dont plan to get it, dont plan to get u-2 or c-47 if they make it like its planed ( hope they reconsider) as i see this is waist of their time, all what they could do in game can be done by airplanes that can also fight and we have in game now.

need recon or med evac, send i-16 with no ammo and some script like wol have now, need resuply, use he111 and pe-2 and so on.. and bonus is thouse airplanes can do more then just noncombat things. If its like in 1946 with 100s of airplanes no problem in making airplanes like this but here where we are lucky if we get 10 airplanes every 1-2 years, every airplane they select to make is important.

• Sad 1
17 hours ago, Swastakowey said:

Maybe not historical but a Storch plane flying above some of the new tanks to help guide them and spot enemy tanks would be very helpful on a multiplayer server.  

i played in t-34 on action tanks servers months ago with my tm8 in p-40, and he would cloear ju87s trying to get me and also say where are pzIIIs it takes good SA for it and its good for practic it that way, and its fun as heck but i dont need them waisting time on this airplane to have that expiriance in game, this can be done with existing airplanes and even better.

Edited by 77.CountZero

So Count, what would you prefer them to focus on then? 

I for one would welcome more specilised aircrafts like the JU52 as they bring something different than just circling the objectives looking for other airplanes. 

Sadly most Multiplayer servers doesn't give us the option to field them in any consistent and meaningful manner. 

The only one I know of that usually has a JU52 target is the Unprofessionals. And a few "Capture the airfield" missions on WoL

So by expanding on the plane set we might see some more interesting multiplayer missions or even escalations during the match. 

• Like 1

insted this type of airplanes it would be better to do bombers or ground attack airplanes missing.

insted c-47 they can make B-25 flyable, or some other version of A-20.

Insted u-2 some ground attacker or missing early fighter version, insted ju-52 do-217 and so on, i think thouse would sell beter and atract more players to buy them and would be better for game as it is used.

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Seing how long it takes to even get one collectable airplane i realy hope they dont waist time even of 3rd party guys on airplanes like this in this game, 2 collectors airplane every 1-2 years and then waisting that on airplanes like this is no good for game.

i dont have ju52 and dont plan to get it, dont plan to get u-2 or c-47 if they make it like its planed ( hope they reconsider) as i see this is waist of their time, all what they could do in game can be done by airplanes that can also fight and we have in game now.

need recon or med evac, send i-16 with no ammo and some script like wol have now, need resuply, use he111 and pe-2 and so on.. and bonus is thouse airplanes can do more then just noncombat things. If its like in 1946 with 100s of airplanes no problem in making airplanes like this but here where we are lucky if we get 10 airplanes every 1-2 years, every airplane they select to make is important.

Yeah..... because you are the only customer of BoX. Game has 22 fighters, 6 bombers, 7 ground attackers and 1 transport.... but hurr durr more fighters! :crazy:

8 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

i think thouse would sell beter and atract more players to buy them and would be better for game as it is used. 

Sell better =/= more profit. You can keep selling new versions of bf109 but only people who already are here would get them. Make something for people who don't enjoy combat, he buys bos, bom, bok, bobp, maybe tanks and premium ju52. ~400$ > your another 20$ fighter. I think they are smarter up there and they know what they are doing, if they did ju52 and now do po2 and maybe in the future more of this stuff, then IT'S good for a game. Feels like it's not good for you because you don't like these type of planes, but thing is, you are not the only customer.

This is also SP game, where every plane adds something, even if you are not playing with them. Flying missions to shot down transport or recon planes is another possible mission to make SP better.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

insted this type of airplanes it would be better to do bombers or ground attack airplanes missing.

insted c-47 they can make B-25 flyable, or some other version of A-20.

Insted u-2 some ground attacker or missing early fighter version, insted ju-52 do-217 and so on, i think thouse would sell beter and atract more players to buy them and would be better for game as it is used.

I would agree that the Allied side lack a heavy bomber, so wouldn't mind seeing the b-25 added, or any other plane filling that role.

But more versions of the A20 or even a do-217 wouldn't really add anything in terms of a different gameplay experience. Sure it's always fun to have a large roster of planes. But i think mission options weigh heavier. So adding both the c-47 and a b-25 + introducing scout planes would be better in my opinion than just adding variation to what we already have.

The Fi-156 is an amazing aircraft, and I would love to see it get good treatment in a combat flight game. However, I really don't think it is a good match for BoX. As has been pointed out, you can do ground spotting in a Ju -87, Hs-129 or pretty much any other aircraft. There is no dedicated recon mechanism in BoX, let alone medi-vac, artillery spotting or liaison. The Ju-52/3m has a limited role, with a plain SP campaign and "no points for transport"... so it would be all the much the worse for an Fi-156, which would require a host of new mechanisms. The devs have said they'd not consider a campaign for bombers (REF), let alone transport, so even more let alone a recon/spotter. And, given how long it is taking the Po-2/U-2 to be realised, an Fi-156 doesn't really make sense from a development-work perspective. It is still a really cool aircraft though, and I would consider getting it, should it ever come out.  Far more a Fi-156 than the U-2 (unless the latter had floats!).

By the way, I found this neat video about the Finnish Fi-156....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBfhFZiCQO4

• Upvote 1
On 11/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, Eicio said:

I used to build plastic models but they didn't fly very well.

Same here and my older sister would test fly them for me off the balcony.  I was not happy about that and my construction seemed to end up with lots of glue on them in an attempt to have them hold together through my sisters torment. ))

Was in a Hobby Shop yesterday buying paint for touching up my Mountain Bike and thinking, all these models and RC craft yet I much prefer to fly Virtually.  For outdoor activity, I like to throw myself off steep descents and hold on. 👍

That or ride my motorcycle round a track.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

And, given how long it is taking the Po-2/U-2 to be realised, an Fi-156 doesn't really make sense from a development-work perspective.

It's probably because they have to build missions for it in SP. Once there is po2, other types of planes like this can be added way faster. 

On 11/14/2018 at 1:37 PM, dburne said:

Brings back memories. I was quite heavy into RC plane flying in my younger years - mostly in the late 70's to early 90's.

RC stuff has advanced leaps and bonds since then , and its a much more affordable hobby too...(especially for electric lipo stuff)

All the electronic gear is far cheaper and vastly better, eg you can buy a controller for $100 that would have cost far more back then and been far less powerful.

Edited by Stix_09
17 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

Storch and Fw189 played an important role at Eastern Front.
I would buy both of them immediately.

Same here. Fond memories of flying the Storch in '46. Sometimes light & simple is just the ticket, especially with a bit of wind. 😄