Han

Developer Diary 210 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

The last month of Autumn has begun and we're preparing the next update for our three projects. We plan to release it in two weeks (doh!) or so and today we'll tell you about the upcoming additions. Of course, the stars of the show are FOUR new aircraft, two for Bodenplatte and two for Flying Circus.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

I literally can't wait :dance:

Fabulous update guys! Many thanks.

Looks fun.  Can’t wait for the Camel.  Time to crash the next 5000.    

Ceowulf<><   

Edit:  and thanks for the new mission types in career.  

Edited by Ceowulf
  • Haha 1

looks really nice!

so if I look at the 109 K-4 screenies, it looks like boost is max 1.80 ?

p.s. - getting the popcorn ready!

Thank You Han!

Fantastic awaited DD!

Of course, we never forget about the singleplayer experience too - in the same update, we'll add 2-3 new mission types for Career mode, including Cargo airdrop and Free hunt

Whoa! Fantastic! I was getting tired to have only 1 mission type for Tante Ju. 

Many thanks for all your effort, your dedication. Keep up the good work!

Love you!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Only one thing is missiing from this DD. 
The release date

literally the first paragraph ;)

The last month of Autumn has begun and we're preparing the next update for our three projects. We plan to release it in two weeks (doh!) or so and today we'll tell you about the upcoming additions. Of course, the stars of the show are FOUR new aircraft, two for Bodenplatte and two for Flying Circus.

Edited by Asgar
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Only one thing is missiing from this DD. 
The release date

Smart developers have stopped doing that.  You give dates in terms of quarters and even there you give yourself some slack.  It gets released when it is done.  Specifying a date just creates unnecessary pressure that can lead to cut corners and bad work. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This is great! Thanks! 

K4 with both engine mods means we are getting 1.98? also retractable wheel.

The P47 looks lovely! and also the models for the Raf Pilot and FC planes.

Can't wait! and finally we have a date for guidance. 2 weeks from now, so late November might be the case!

Edited by LF_Gallahad

5 minutes ago, Sgt_Joch said:

looks really nice!

so if I look at the 109 K-4 screenies, it looks like boost is max 1.80 ?

p.s. - getting the popcorn ready!

standard DB-605 DB with water-methanol injection system and DB-605 DC with higher boost and power - and both of them will be available in our sim.

Edited by Asgar
  • Thanks 1

Glad to read you guys are modelling both engine variants of the K4.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Love the Philippines campaign paintscheme on the first screen with the Jug. With those forest-covered hills in the background the plane looks almost like flying over Luzon. That will do for a PTO-vibe generator for now 😄

The new damage model for vehicles is incredibly exciting for us mud movers!! Imagine shooting up an artillery piece and not having the whole thing explode!

I suppose this means that the U-2 will be coming out in Q1 2019 though?

Edited by Avimimus

Just now, Avimimus said:

My personal guess is we get an x-mas special this year.

Great DD...looking forward to the P-47.....guns, rockets, and bombs oh my......😬

Edited by 216th_Cathaoir

Apart from the 4 new aircraft and the rest of the goodies, this is what excites me the most:

in the coming update, you'll experience the higher fidelity damage modeling for AI controllable ground objects such as trucks and tanks.

As a dedicated antitank pilot the difference in the damage modelling between AI and player controlled tanks became quite noticeable. Love the turrets being blown off. As long as they are not blown high enough for me to crash into when I pull up victoriously above the defeated tank. 😎  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Sweet fancy Moses what a great update. Little bit of everything. Looking forward to the new vehicle damage model and of course the P-47!

4 minutes ago, CrazyDuck said:

Apart from the 4 new aircraft and the rest of the goodies, this is what excites me the most:

in the coming update, you'll experience the higher fidelity damage modeling for AI controllable ground objects such as trucks and tanks.

As a dedicated antitank pilot the difference in the damage modelling between AI and player controlled tanks became quite noticeable. Love the turrets being blown off. As long as they are not blown high enough for me to crash into when I pull up victoriously above the defeated tank. 😎  

I agree on that. This are GREAT news. Bombs and lower tier weapons might be useful like they were. Tanks were always a problem in sims as any other vehicle, it was needed to destroy one of them but in reality disable it and it's out. The P47 will be happy to use this too.

9 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

According DD #196:

" The second aircraft is in development and will be ready this Autumn - Po-2VS Collector Plane, the legendary multipurpose (recon, liaison, ambulance, night bomber, psychological warfare) plane of the Eastern front that will have higher fidelity (4K) textures by default.  "

Which means between today and the 21st of December.

whooo, nice DD!

Both engines variant and higher boost for K4, yeah!

Thanks

This one the coolest updates so far. The Jug looks fantastic and really mean fully loaded with rockets, bombs and fifties, then there is the Camel, the uniforms and of course the K-4 - finally that latter has its full historical load out of bombs, underwing cannons and stuff. Nice touch on the manifold pressure instrument too, I noticed to hand painted extra digit, it looks exactly like the original one!

One small issue though, the label plate of the radiator control handle i. the lower right of the cockpit is missing some text at the bottom - it should read ‘Ruhe’ (=still, or ‘off’,). I this setting the radiator flaps stopped moving and were set in their current position (auf and zu positions were opening and closing them, respectively, with ruhe you could set them in their current position, while automatic is self-explaining).

Apart from the models (can't wait for the '47), the higher fidelity damage modelling for AI controlled ground objects will make all the difference for ground-pounding. Thank you!

And the changes to kill calculations in multiplayer make a lot of sense. Nice work team!

It looks like Black Friday will be a busy weekend. 😃

Edited by FlyingNutcase
  • Like 1