-332FG-Buddy

Is anyone looking to sell a flight stick

I am looking to purchase a VirPil flight stick or a VKB with a gunfighter.  It can be used but I am unable to find any online to purchase lol. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I am looking to purchase a VirPil flight stick or a VKB with a gunfighter.  It can be used but I am unable to find any online to purchase lol. 

Thank you!

Since I fly WW2 planes exclusively I went with the Gladiator non-pro and their pedals. I have been very happy with the build quality and accuracy of input.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=vkb-controllers

Amazon has the Gladiator for $99 US. - https://www.amazon.com/Gladiator-Joystick-Flight-Simulator-Controller-Stick/dp/B01G6GT49O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541533226&sr=8-1&keywords=vkb%2Bgladiator&th=1

Edited by Gordon200
Only pedals avail at this time directly from VKB.

I may be selling my VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk III with extension since I just received my new Virpil T-50, but I haven't decided yet.  Also, while the stick works well and looks good for a 5+ year old stick, there are several items I would disclose to anyone buying it:

1.  One of the sensor cables went "wonky" a while back and would occasionally stop working.  I fixed this by creating a new, shorter cable through soldering.  It's worked great since I've done so.

2.  The original "Cobra" grip died long ago.  If I sell it I would include the Warthog adapter as well as a second Warthog adapter that I "modded" to work with the old Thrustmaster F-16/F-22 FLCS stick handle (basically it's a plastic version of the later Cougar / Warthog handles).  I've used that handle for several years and had zero problems.  I would include the FLCS handle with the Mamba and my custom VKBDevConfig profile file to get it to work as well.

3. The rearmost encoder ("rudder" encoder) on the Mamba base is a little wobblly but still works fine.

4.  This unit is an original MkI Black Mamba that has been upgraded twice to MkII and then MkIII standards.  The MKIII standard introduced the "cam-style" gimble now used in the Gladiator and the Gunfighter (without the Gunfighter's dry clutches).  As part of the upgrades, I had to also replace the switch PCBs on the base with new ones provided by VBK.  Sadly, the new PCB switches did not come with locking nuts and the ones from the old PCBs do not fit.  I was able to fix it to a degree, and it works fine, but there you go.

5.  This unit has been mounted in my cockpit for years, so I long ago removed the desktop base plate.  I still have the base plate, but it has a small gouge in the aluminum and paint which was there when it was shipped to me years ago.  I never made a big deal out of it because I never planned to use it.

If I decide to sell this unit, I'm thinking of asking for 130 USD + shipping. The purchase would include the Warthog adapter (but not my Warthog handle...I use that on the Virpil now), the FLCS stick handle with the second modded Warthog adapter, the CAM sets, lots of spare springs and the stick extension.  I think this is a very reasonable price when taking into account the minor annoyances and imperfections noted above. If anyone is interested just PM me.  Happy to provide pictures.

FYI - I think the Mamba a great stick and I've loved it...but I think the new Virpil is much better suited to a center stick configuration. 

Edited by ATAG_Invictus
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ATAG_Invictus said:

I may be selling my VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk III with extension since I just received my new Virpil T-50, but I haven't decided yet.  Also, while the stick works well and looks good for a 5+ year old stick, there are several items I would disclose to anyone buying it:

1.  One of the sensor cables went "wonky" a while back and would occasionally stop working.  I fixed this by creating a new, shorter cable through soldering.  It's worked great since I've done so.

2.  The original "Cobra" grip died long ago.  If I sell it I would include the Warthog adapter as well as a second Warthog adapter that I "modded" to work with the old Thrustmaster F-16/F-22 FLCS stick handle (basically it's a plastic version of the later Cougar / Warthog handles).  I've used that handle for several years and had zero problems.  I would include the FLCS handle with the Mamba and my custom VKBDevConfig profile file to get it to work as well.

3. The rearmost encoder ("rudder" encoder) on the Mamba base is a little wobblly but still works fine.

4.  This unit is an original MkI Black Mamba that has been upgraded twice to MkII and then MkIII standards.  The MKIII standard introduced the "cam-style" gimble now used in the Gladiator and the Gunfighter (without the Gunfighter's dry clutches).  As part of the upgrades, I had to also replace the switch PCBs on the base with new ones provided by VBK.  Sadly, the new PCB switches did not come with locking nuts and the ones from the old PCBs do not fit.  I was able to fix it to a degree, and it works fine, but there you go.

5.  This unit has been mounted in my cockpit for years, so I long ago removed the desktop base plate.  I still have the base plate, but it has a small gouge in the aluminum and paint which was there when it was shipped to me years ago.  I never made a big deal out of it because I never planned to use it.

If I decide to sell this unit, I'm thinking of asking for 130 USD + shipping. The purchase would include the Warthog adapter (but not my Warthog handle...I use that on the Virpil now), the FLCS stick handle with the second modded Warthog adapter, the CAM sets, lots of spare springs and the stick extension.  I think this is a very reasonable price when taking into account the minor annoyances and imperfections noted above. If anyone is interested just PM me.  Happy to provide pictures.

FYI - I think the Mamba a great stick and I've loved it...but I think the new Virpil is much better suited to a center stick configuration. 

I sent u a PM...!!!!

Edited by Buddy

Have following for sale, VKB Gladiator MK11Pro with 109 grip 150.00  works great, CH Products Fighter Stick and Pro Pedal, 100.00 for both