Sign in to follow this  
VBF-12_Stick-95

Living through an uncontrolled crash

Living through an uncontrolled crash  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the chances of living through a low level uncontrolled crash in the game are:

• Too high
    • About right
    • Too low

There are times when I have had low level crashes, excluding ditches, sometimes into forest or where the plane flips over, where the plane is torn to shreds, etc. where I escape without injury.  As much as I like to keep my career going, I think many of these crashes would more likely have ended in death or injury beyond recovery than walking away.  I have no idea how the human "damage" model works in the game.  So what do you think?

I think it might be modeled reasonably well; suspect angle of attack, angle of impact and velocity are all considered...There are reports from WWII,  where the pilots emerged relatively unscathed from completely trashed/wingless etc planes

54 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Belly landings are as safe as houses.  But if your toe touches water, you die.

Everyone knows Germans and Russians can't swim, I think they've captured that quite accurately in-game.

• Haha 1

My suspicion is that penetration of small objects, wire fences into the cockpit (etc.) is under-modelled. Also, injuries from being thrown around in the cockpit and deceleration might be as well.

However, the sim makes me questions this suspicion.