Sign in to follow this  
SCG_ErwinP

Gunsight sun filter

On the topic of the sun filter, does anyone use it regularly? I have played around with it but I don't think i've ever "used" it. Am I missing some of the finer points?

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

On the topic of the sun filter, does anyone use it regularly? I have played around with it but I don't think i've ever "used" it. Am I missing some of the finer points?

the filter comes up but it doesn't block the sun. :(  So it's just a novelty that moves inside the cockpit but it doesn't provide any sun filtering.

• Sad 1

Our crosshairs are so bright/saturated in the game and don't get dimmed so much by the sun that the sun filter is of much use, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

I do not.

1 hour ago, Inkompetent said:

Our crosshairs are so bright/saturated in the game and don't get dimmed so much by the sun that the sun filter is of much use, unfortunately.

Yup. But mirrors don't reflect sun glare at all - another small detail which could be added.

Hitting that same key combo will also move the gun sight closer to you in an IL 2. So that's fun! It is also a little more useful than the sun filter which is superfluous at the moment, though it can help a little when shooting at ground targets in the snow.

I use the filter,but the sun still shine.It make my eyes just a little comfortable,not really useful.