Where are the 3rd party developers? Are they allowed?

TexasWarbird

TexasWarbird

So I just finished typing out some feedback for IL2. After submitting my two cents - I felt a bit sour about the way I worded my complaint.

So I began wondering why 3rd party developers arn't drawn to help submit some content for IL-2? What keeps them away? Is it because we're a niche within a niche? To small of a market? What's the deal? 

Edited by TexasWarbird
Finkeren

They are there, but the content they produce has to live up to certain strict standards to be taken up by the devs. Therefore most 3rd party content is just missions, campaigns and skins.

However, in the next update comes the U-2 biplane, which is in part developed by a 3rd party developer as a testbed for further 3rd party content to be made in the future.

• Thanks 1
TexasWarbird
1 minute ago, Finkeren said:

They are there, but the content they produce has to live up to certain strict standards to be taken up by the devs. Therefore most 3rd party content is just missions, campaigns and skins.

So our standards scares them away? Haha - Jk. I can understand this point - I've flown some pretty shady 3rd party planes that left a pretty bad taste. On the same coin I've flown some damn good ones.

But I wasn't aware of the U-2 being in the works with a 3rd party. I hope it goes well enough to open the door to more possibilities. 

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

You should follow our DDs closer. We have 3rd Party partners already. But they have to be good to work with us. 

Jason

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
fjacobsen

I agree..

Looking at how it works with 3rd party developers on another known combat flight simultor, some projects runs forever without being finished.

This hurts not just the customers, but also the company that delivers the platform for the 3rd party content.

It´s not because that the IL-2 developers hasn´t been forced to postpone promised updates and additions, but it´s rarely by much, and always with very good communication about why and what and when.

EAF_51_FOX

I really wish that between 3rd party team Jason and 1c company will invite some of the developers  of BOB II  A2A TEAM  as they have the right experience and knowledge to try to make the necessary A.I. improvement/correction badly needed in BOX SIM.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX
TexasWarbird

Well I'm glad it's our attention to quality that selects our 3rd party.

The feed back I submitted was along the line of - Great content, but I'd like to buy more faster! :drinks:

I did notice a few mentions of 3rd Parties a few Dev diaries back. But wasn't sure to what extent they we're assisting. I kinda of just assumed that we were off loading some work too these 3rd parties. Rather than the other way around as in these 3rd parties being attracted to us - requesting access to develop assets for a cut of profit. I guess I don't really understand how these 3rd party systems works. Haha, I shouldn't (ass)u(me) and probably should've took more time to word my question in GD. I was too quick on the draw..

Ether way, do these 3rd parties have any kind of social media I can look into? I'd like to follow/look into these high caliber 3rd party teams. I have a few others followed on FB, not sure how big the ones used here are on social media. 

Edited by TexasWarbird
JV69badatflyski

hello, 
maybe it's a good opportunity to talk a little about 3rd party stuff as we have @Jason here.

1°-why don't make the specs available for "objects" (to start with) so enthusiastic people with 3d knowledge could propose their work for game implementation, i'm sure 
there are enough skilled guys here that could do it. A lot of new objects could be created this way (thinking about generic or specific airfield material for example or vehicles) and off course they should be related to the operational theaters available.
Good: free stuff for 777
Bad: Need coding to import the objects in "mods-on" mode (offline) for testing and visualization purpose.

2°-Map builder integrated in mission builder. Like wrote in another post, even something limited to 50/50Kms would be enough  to learn the process.
Map making being a (very) long work, only those with enough will are going to finish a map, most "users" will abandon at the texturing phase anyway. it's like a natural selection process.

Good: free small dogfights maps for 777 and discovery of potential talents.
Bad: Need coding to implement the mapbuilder tool.

TexasWarbird
54 minutes ago, JV69badatflyski said:

hello, 
maybe it's a good opportunity to talk a little about 3rd party stuff as we have @Jason here.

1°-why don't make the specs available for "objects" (to start with) so enthusiastic people with 3d knowledge could propose their work for game implementation, i'm sure 
there are enough skilled guys here that could do it. A lot of new objects could be created this way (thinking about generic or specific airfield material for example or vehicles) and off course they should be related to the operational theaters available.
Good: free stuff for 777
Bad: Need coding to import the objects in "mods-on" mode (offline) for testing and visualization purpose.

2°-Map builder integrated in mission builder. Like wrote in another post, even something limited to 50/50Kms would be enough  to learn the process.
Map making being a (very) long work, only those with enough will are going to finish a map, most "users" will abandon at the texturing phase anyway. it's like a natural selection process.

Good: free small dogfights maps for 777 and discovery of potential talents.
Bad: Need coding to implement the mapbuilder tool.

Seems like this would be a better PM. Or a question directed here 

If you Are not a 10 your a 9.9                                                 pugs and kisses to the  developers   Pooches Gracias

thXCMOAZWE.jpg

• Haha 2
Jade_Monkey
11 hours ago, JV69badatflyski said:

I believe the devs were planning on releasing such a guide to create objects but the dev working on it got very sick and had to drop the project suddenly. This was a long time ago and I don't know what happened since then. My point being: Jason and the team are aware of the benefits and this was on their radar. It just didnt happen.

• Upvote 2
JV69badatflyski
On 11/3/2018 at 2:29 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

I believe the devs were planning on releasing such a guide to create objects but the dev working on it got very sick and had to drop the project suddenly. This was a long time ago and I don't know what happened since then. My point being: Jason and the team are aware of the benefits and this was on their radar. It just didnt happen.

oki, 

thanks for the info.