ensempre

newby questions

Hello, i've just purchased a dvd-copy of BOS (actually, it will arrive in three days); i've seen that there are many updates to the sim so i would like to know

a) if I have to download each of them or if some of them is "cumulative", i.e. include previous updates

b) where to download them (i've circled around the "news" of this forum but couldn't find any d/l button)

Thanks for the replies!

I think dvd copy is for steam, not 100% sure. So updates will download automatically, nothing to bother with.

5 hours ago, ensempre said:

Hello, i've just purchased a dvd-copy of BOS

Uh oh.  Where did you purchase this DVD copy from?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Bump

6 hours ago, ensempre said:

Hello, i've just purchased a dvd-copy of BOS (actually, it will arrive in three days); i've seen that there are many updates to the sim so i would like to know

a) if I have to download each of them or if some of them is "cumulative", i.e. include previous updates

b) where to download them (i've circled around the "news" of this forum but couldn't find any d/l button)

Thanks for the replies!

Question, why purchase DVD ( didn’t know there was one) if you can direct digi download from store?

Downloads and updates are automatic with each update through the game launcher...

the plane/maps are already in full game but you need to purchase the packs through store direct or through steam to unlock them... 

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

You can easily buy one in poland. They are everywhere. Seems like it's in Czech as well. 

p_20180315_115604_vhdr_on.jpg

I even saw box of clod blitz. I guess it depends on publishers in these countries. 

And like I said, dvd is steam. So he will have nice box for collection and all updates will download automatically. With stalingrad on steam, now you can buy dlc on steam or on website. You will have everything in your steam game.

Edited by InProgress

Basically the way the game works is it automatically updates when you launch the game via the launcher.exe

Everyone who owns the game has all the planes, maps, etc on their computer. Its just that when you purchase the next game on your account, it unlocks the content so you can start using it.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

You will have everything in your steam game.

Thats the point.  Will this be the full game or the one with just two planes and everything else has to be unlocked?

I've bought it from amazon, 1C-games is the vendor; here arises my question about the updates. So, if i'm not wrong (I have no experience at all about Steam, hardly know that it's an online platform), i install the game and it will check to Steam website to find updates by itself?

Spoiler

If you aren't sure if your version of the game is the latest and greatest, remember that you can always hit Ctrl-E in the game to do a version check.

• Haha 1

Don´t worry Steam will handle every update for you. Just install the game and you are perfectly up to date.

16 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

If you aren't sure if your version of the game is the latest and greatest, remember that you can always hit Ctrl-E in the game to do a version check.

Lol