Sign in to follow this  
=SFF=_Bladigan

How to change the view to the frontal guy in A-20B

I can change the view to the rear gunners but I don’t know how to change the view to the frontal man (the guy that goes below the pilot in a window bubble). Do you know any way to do that? It would be useful because the pilot visibility es quite limited.

4 minutes ago, Bladigan said:

I can change the view to the rear gunners but I don’t know how to change the view to the frontal man (the guy that goes below the pilot in a window bubble). Do you know any way to do that? It would be useful because the pilot visibility es quite limited.

Well, I don't know if this was correctly implemented or even planned like this, because you are talking about a mod. And this mod, although kept quite simple but nice,

isn't part of the official game. In the official game you do not have this frontal position.

So you might address this in the corresponding topic (mods).

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Just now, Bladigan said:

Isn't that the bombardier? I'm unfamiliar with this particular functionality in and of itself, but maybe there's a toggle for switching between the bomb sight and the gun?

He is just the Bombardier and has no gun of his own. Since only the pilot can go in to the bomb sight tere would be nothing someone controlling him could do. They propably didn't bother modelling a position in wich you can't do anything but enjoy the view.

23 minutes ago, CrazyDuck said:

You can't, this position is not modelled (yet).

Ok, I understand. Do you know if they will add this functionality in the future?

Edited by Bladigan
Format

“Frontal guy, 2 minutes to target!”

”roger!”

“This is the frontal guy - bombs away!”

There is a Mod for this , it gives you a very rough version of the bombardiers position, but a very fun view when skip bombing ships etc..Try the “MODS” section ...I think its there somewhere.

45 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

There is a Mod for this , it gives you a very rough version of the bombardiers position, but a very fun view when skip bombing ships etc..Try the “MODS” section ...I think its there somewhere.

Yes, just 3 posts above!

I can accept the argument that the bombardier position was not considered high enough a priority for the devs, giving all that still needs addressing.... however the idea that he is not necessary, just because he does not operate any guns and the bombsight can be used from the pilot's position, is just so plain wrong! 

The approach on the target during the bombing run is quite impossible without some prior scanning of the horizon from the bombardier's position. Doing it through the bombsight is terrible, and from the pilot's position it is even worse. A successful bomb run requires a lot of prior course corrections and seeing the target from afar is indispensable, imho. 

Then there's navigation too. Since realistic navigation with dead reckoning methods require confirmation with known landmarks, a clear view of the ground is also important. In the A20 I find myself constantly rolling my wings to see farther, which is certainly not correct procedure! The bombardier/navigator had a clear window in front of him exactely because of that. 

I accept that modeling that pit was not considered top priority, but I sure hope it is in somebody's "to do list".