Anyone having trouble with Xsolla payment? I used them yesterday with my credit card and all worked fine. Today I went to buy something else and tried using PayPal with them but it wouldn't even go through to PayPal and just said my payment was decline for security reasons. So I used my credit card with them and it asked for a verifcation code, which I entered and then it said there was a problem and it couldn't complete the transaction. Now on my credit card statement I've got seven pending charges from them on my card.

Up to now I bought on Steam, but I thought I would buy direct so the devs get all the money, I think I might be going back to Steam...

Edited by Tbolt47

Seven pending charges! What the hell. 😲

3 hours ago, 307_Banzai said:

I recently purchased G-6 collector plane. Paid with PayPal. No problems.

I bought twice with my credit card fine yesterday, then today no good. I'm wondering because I'm trying to buy three times in less than 24 hours they have flagged my account and blocked any payments I try and make with it, though they are not telling me that.

3 hours ago, Thad said:

Seven pending charges! What the hell. 😲

Yes what they did for verification is put a small charge on my card which has a verification code on, you then enter this to allow the payment, but it didn't work. It seems every time you try the code it adds a pending charge. I just hope none of these payment actually get added to my card. I won't be using my card with them again.

Edited by Tbolt47

(first post here, long time reader, welcome to me )

Hi, you're not alone, I have the exact same problem.

Bought with Paypal through XSolla Kuban and G6 on 24/10 no problem. trying to buy Spitfire yesterday and today no way. Same error than you "for security reason.".

I just created a support ticket here to see if things can be sorted...

Will see!

Same here, the support ask me for a screenshot from paypal with the last transaction. If i dont want to send a screenshot i can use a creditcard (thats truly SECURE! );)

LOL! Last week i bought the ju52 over steam and was angry that i cant use the DLC with the standalone version. Now i want to buy directly from the webstore and get this trouble...

*edit*

even if i send the screenshot to xsolla, my feedback promo code is now marked again as used.

I will wait for the next steam salte, after i bought the last DLC from there i need to start steam anyway. 

*edit2*

By buying the game here, you’re making sure that 100% of your investment go to the IL-2 development team. Thank you!

I TRIED IT!

Edited by gei3r

Support answered me last week asking to refrain to use a vpn (that wasn't the case). I tried several times to bought the Spitfire without success, same error message. Then I waited a week, the discount was over, and I retried as we get this new 25% discount thanks to the new survey, and this time it worked flawless. Not sure why it failed previously...

Edited by YoLolo69

Same here. Wanted to use my 25% Feedback-Promo; Payment via Paypal was not possible and when I tried using my credit card, it wanted an addtional verfification because of security reasons. What the... 😲

Worst thing is, that my Promo-Code is now listed as already used 🙄

How did you solve that problem in the end? What about that pending payment on my credit card?

Yeah, something happened...

I purchased BOBP, collectors planes..gifted copies of BOK/BOM..all with the paypal method.  Went to buy some copies of BOBP for a few buddies and then it said the payment was blocked for security reasons. 

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Yesterday I wanted to buy BoB and the transaction did not even happen when using the second credit card. Accounts with multiple payments have also appeared on my account. I just hope that my payments will not be deducted from my account. I'm sorry for bad English.

This...... this xsolla stuff..... is drving me crazy. I tried to pay pal and it won't let me do that. I try to do xsolla, and when I entered the correct code it still failed. now I am trying again and it won't send a second code and the old one doesn't work either. This is a serious hindrance to me buying directly from the Sturmovik website. 

Just tried a second card. and that one doesn't work either. I'm literally trying to give you money and you won't let... Please seriously reconsider working with xsolla. I've never seen them before until now, and I hope I don't see them again.

First card was debit second card was Credit

Tried multiple payments, was told to get a code and enter it. But my accounts don’t update in real time.

I get the security thing, but this is overzealous. It’s not a normal experience. 

I wanted to purchase “Fortress on the Volga” but I won’t do so through this system. I tried three different accounts. And I should not have to waste time with customer service just to spend $8 of my money. 

Sorry guys. I support this sim and own almost all of the content, but I want the experience to be hassle-free. 

I hope this gets fixed.

1 hour ago, SCG_TheHighwayman said:

I hope this gets fixed.

Please define "fixed".

The system is working, it's just on the uncomfortable end of being cautious (almost overcautious), but it does work.

On the other hand, this way the team probably won't have to deal with fraudulent activities at all.

I think it's fair to raise concerns about the system, but it's not the right solution to sulk in a corner instead of "wasting" a minute at the Xsolla customer support.

:drinks:

Mike

8 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

The system is working, it's just on the uncomfortable end of being cautious (almost overcautious), but it does work.

If the system was working I would have the plane I tried to purchase in my account but I don't. I went to bed and tried to purchase the plane again this morning. The frustrating thing to me isn't that I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to buy something (getting codes from my account and such). Its that even after i jump through said hoops it still doesn't work and fails to complete the transaction. I get the need to have security when dealing with online credit card payments, but They need to partner with a company that can provide a constant service.

I hope the 20 dollars that got charged to my account gets dropped because the transaction never went through.

image.png.004ffc829a0cefd1ce7441eaeb783e63.png

This is only with one of the cards I tried. This is ridiculous. This literally prevents me from buying one of your products, and now I don't know if I even want to anymore.......

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is it possible that you all got trouble in buying things with your credit card or PayPal linked with your credit card?

Because, since they changed their payment system (Xsolla), apparently only people with credit cards or PayPal

linked with their credit cards seem to have trouble.

I only use my basic PayPal account to buy things from the net and I've never had any issue - before and after

the new payment system. And to be honest, I feel much more safe, not using my credit card in the web.

Cheers

I've had ongoing troubles (since last week) with Xsolla.  Try their chat function as Stoebror suggests.  Eventually it will work but it may take time.  And you may have to deal with them the next time you make a purchase (I did).  

My worry is that if you look at the people here who are giving an hour or more to make this purchase, they are long time fans.  I fear the more casual user will just walk away.  

Security sure, but at what cost?

27 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Did you ever try to reach out to the Xsolla Support Chat?

I will try this, but what Mike77 is saying resonates with me, and I believe he makes a very valid point. I love this game and even I am getting frustrated, and if I hadn't already bought the main game outside of steam I would have simply just gone to steam the moment I ran into trouble.

Is it possible that you all got trouble in buying things with your credit card or PayPal linked with your credit card?

Because, since they changed their payment system (Xsolla), apparently only people with credit cards or PayPal

linked with their credit cards seem to have trouble.

I have tried paypal (which is linked to my bank account directly). It didn't even have paypal open up to let me log in, it simply said I wasn't allowed to use paypal. I then tried a debit card which didn't work (after following sxolla's instructions) and then I tried a credit card which also didn't work

This customer experience isn’t normal. 

I don’t want to jump through extra hoops or interact with someone. Part of the point of shopping online is to avoid human interaction. 🙃 

In my opinion, this payment system is unsatisfactory from a customer standpoint. I’m sure it solves problems for the business, but it creates a “pain point” for me and a few other consumers. 

I’m choosing to refrain from this system for the reasons listed above. I’m making this known so the team at IL2 can consider it when making future decisions. I’m grateful others are also communicating their opinions. 

I’m speaking up because I enjoy and value IL2. But I am not willing to jump through extra hoops to purchase a single scripted campaign. 

It’s likely they’ve done their research and have chosen what is the most effective option. I can’t fault this. But I will say, I am not a fan and I hope it gets tweaked to make the customer experience better. 

See everyone in the skies!

While I fully understand your frustration, it doesn't change the fact that you've got the choice to either keep complaining, or get in touch with Xsolla support chat to get your issues sorted.

It's all your choice.

Mike 

• Like 1

More infos about problems with Xsolla You can find here:

You are correct, SAS Storebror.

I am choosing not to buy at this time. My complaint only serves the purpose of making the issue known to the IL2 team, and to show others here they are not alone in their concern. 

And thats it. 😇

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Similarly disappointing experience here. This time, to complete the picture so to speak, Amazon Pay (so no credit/debit cards or Pay Pal involved this time) didn't go through. Funny thing is there is an open order waiting for delivery at Amazon (unrelated to il2sturmovik.com) and another one that's been completed a fortnight ago (equally unrelated) - all carried through via the same bank account. To be fair, I must add that, first, I would have been a first-time customer for Il2sturmovik.com (well at least I really tried, as in hard) and then, second, in my case Amazon is the culprit, which for some unfathomable reason (remember there is an order still open and I am a long-time customer of Amazon to boot) declined the transaction for security reasons. Xsolla customer service (live chat) really tried to help. How about just cutting out all those middlemen and offering SEPA bank transfer (here) in Europe, as in me being foolhardy enough to even give you the money before I receive anything and forfeiting any means of charging back (which Amazon Pay still entails as a security blanket for the customer) on top of it?

Nevertheless, have Fun!

Since I came here to complain its only right that I come back and say I was able to make my purchase after a brief online text chat with customer service. After he spoke with me, I was able to make the purchase via paypal no issue.

Still doesn't change that fact that it was indeed a hassle I normally wouldn't have to go through.

• Upvote 1

I had them decline my payment too. 

The devs really need to have a look at this because it is stopping a lot people giving them money.

Yes, same here. I tried to buy a campaign , and I got the transaction refused (only a few dollars, for sure, but I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of IL-2 BoX stuff from this site in the past). Their verification options were unusable for me and their helpline couldn't help. Devs, you just lost a sale, guys.

hello, PayPal payment declined, don’t know how to get verification code. tried chat to find out why PayPal declined. concerned about the pending charges i’ve been reading about in other posts. It’s not worth the frustration. no sale

I'm wondering what lines like...

12 hours ago, Bundook said:

their helpline couldn't help

... and ...

1 hour ago, ew_uni said:

tried chat to find out why

... should tell us.

Usually if you got in touch with the XSolla tech support, they would either sort out your issues or you'd have a clear reason why they couldn't.

Lines like the above ones don't really give confidence that you've tried at all.

Mike

I Have just had my paypal payment declined, for the fist time, It's looks like I can only buy from Steam now.

Hello,

Good news from my side. I was able to purchase from the store using Amazon Pay. It was entirely my fault I have to admit not Amazon's. It took me way too long to hit on the right idea but finally I tried allowing third-party cookies in my browser (something I never do) and lo and behold everything was a piece of cake. So, browser settings, baby, browser settings...

See you

Edited by Rotmilan
spelling

Good news for me too, (PayPal) allowed cookies the same as Rotmilan did, All went through fine.

Edited by DFmadasafish

This is not a user problem.  This is squarely on the service that the IL2 team decided to choose (Xsolla).  I have spent the last 3 hours working with their team and they have not been able to solve this.  I am trying to spend $175 to support the IL2 team and enjoy the new features, but I cannot do it through their interface.  I can't use PayPal (had same problems described above) and cannot use VISA.  I've had the purchase denied 3 times ( I monitored my own credit card site, and in the first time I saw the less than a dollar charge and the full purchase, then they were removed, then pending, then removed).  I had two useless technicians try to help me, including sending a picture of my credit card (minus some information that was blurred) and nothing.  I and my family successfully complete purchases on Amazon, Etsy, and other online dealers on a daily basis with all security features with no hassle.  A small developer would benefit from a system that works.

This is frustrating, period.  And there is a point in which it should not be "a user to solve" issue.  If you are paying for something, then it should be a "provide service" issue.  Right now it is a fail, no other excuse.

I want to also clarify that I have made 11 purchases since 2013 in this site, with the same credit card, and never had a problem.  So no the problem is not in my end.

Edited by UberDemon
Additional information
  • Upvote 3

I understand your frustration and I fully agree that something should be done about this issue (Xsolla keeping users from painlessly being able to buy IL-2 content that is).

However, unless Xsolla changes something on their system or IL-2 gets another payment system applied, I'd recommend to try whatever you can on your end to solve the issue.

Not for being mad at you, but if you'd choose to wait for others to solve this, you might have to wait forever.

That being said, did you try @Rotmilan's suggestion three posts above to enable third party cookies on the Xsolla site?

What did the Xsolla support try to sort out the payment? What was their final comment? How did you reach out to them (chat, email, others...)?

3 payment attempts is almost nothing, especially within 3 hours.

When I've had my last issues with Xsolla, their chat sent me through 5 attempts within 10 minutes.

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Upvote 1

Storebror,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the cookie option later on.  Just venting some frustration, because I enjoy the series, and I want to help the developers.  Both technicians were over chat.  They took a while to respond.  For both of them their final comments were:  For the first technician, a female, she closed the session without my problem being solved, after leaving me hanging for a while (she kept on insisting for me to send an e-mail with my PayPal transaction, even though there was never a Paypal transaction that went to paypal; I also sent a screenshot of my credit card at their request through a direct upload link she put on the chat window); for the second technician, a male, he eventually stopped responding to my questions after saying they had removed restrictions (which did apparently did nothing because I had the same result, only the charges for the 2nd and 3rd trials never made it to my credit card).  I tried calling the support number but they asked me to leave a message.  By that point I was ready too frustrated to continue, so I posted here. :dash:  Yeah, maybe I had bad luck and I'll give it a try again later, after a bottle of scotch... a really large bottle of scotch.

Cheers.

Added:  I am going through the Xsolla help area in their website to try to see if I can resolve this.  (https://xsolla.com/gamer-support/#card_1).  They talk about the processing system and what causes problems.  Like I said, I will give it a go later.  I also did contact my credit card company to let them know that I'll be trying the purchase again and that if they see multiple charges (because of Xsolla's verification), that it is legit.

Edited by UberDemon
correction, then added information
  • Thanks 1

Problem solved, for credit card that is.

Just a few minutes ago, I went through the purchase again.  I made sure that pop-ups and third party cookies were enabled for Xsolla.  When I got to the checkout, I added my credit card as a form of payment.  Sure enough as they stated, there was an amount less than a dollar that they use to add the account to my profile (based on e-mail from il2 site).  I checked my credit card site, and the small charge was there.  There was no way to return to the purchase so I tried it again, and sure enough now the credit card was an option for payment.  I went through the purchase and it asked me for what the amount of a small charge was.  I went to my credit card site and saw a second small amount, and entered it.  The purchase looked like it was going through... but no... the same problem I had last night.

I started another chat with their technicians, and this time, a technician called Angela helped me.  She was much faster than the other ones that worked with me yesterday.  She came back and said that she had removed restrictions (something that the technicians yesterday also told me to do) and to try again, and that I did not need to provide the "code" which appears in the charge that goes to your credit card.  I told her that I never received a prompt for the code, but she told me to proceed.  I re-submitted the purchase using my pre-entered credit card information and this time it went through, and immediately the information showed up in my il2sturmovik.com profile purchases.  Unfortunately the chat window disappeared before I had a chance to thank her for her help.

I went to the Xsolla site and started a chat with their support.  The content is below:

Me: Greetings.  I just wanted to thank the help that your agent Angela (I believe that was her name) provided me in completing a purchase which I had lots of trouble yesterday and she was able to make sure it was done.  This was associated with a purchase from il2sturmovik.com under my e-mail [removed email].  Please pass my gratitude to her.

Just a moment...

Julia:
Hello

Me: This was moments ago, but the chat window disappeared and I never had a chance to thank her or provide feedback.

Julia: I am happy we were able to help. If you liked the support you received, please share your experience online and leave a review on TrustPilot using this link
trustpilot.com/review/secure.x.... We take pride in offering excellent customer service. Thank you, and Enjoy the Game!

Me: Ok will do.

Julia: :wink:
thank you! 
Have a great holiday season!

Thank you for contacting us.

At the end of the session, I gave it a thumbs up (unfortunately yesterday, both were thumbs down, but in honesty, I did not have my problem solved, and today it was).  I called my credit card company and told them that the charges were legit.

Anyway, it was still frustrating, but they will work with you.  On the positive side, they seem to be keen on cutting down on fraud and identity theft, so that is good.

I hope this can be help to somebody else trying to use a credit card.

Edited by UberDemon
minor correction
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1