BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 52

Great news on draw distance

Confusing on "first of all, we plan to...remove the availability limit for you in the Early Access."  I can't see how that statement could in any way be related to the Il-2, but...

I will definitely need that radio compass over the frozen wastes of the Russian steppe. Cool.

I also applaud the exquisite torture of subjecting fans to a LIVE STREAM of multi-player that they cannot take part in themselves. I won't have time to see it myself, but I rejoice at the thought of impatient teenagers biting their HOTAS sticks to plastic confetti as they see others play :-)

• Upvote 1

Great news for draw distance, but im a little confused about what we actually get with this update.

We get AAA and draw distance increase right?

Next week IL2 aircraft, 24/7 access & ground assault missions.

Shame the "2 weeks" turned out to be longer for MP...  777 are you sure Oleg isnt there with you? :P

Thanks for the update.

Oh, but did they talk about Multiplayer you yourself could participate in, or did they perhaps refer to watching multiplayer as a spectator? - "You will have multiplayer" can mean many things....  :-D   Hehe, just kidding.

Edited by Freycinet

24/7 access & ground assault missions.

Read DD 52 in Russian:

Fresh for the impatient. First, next week we plan to roll out the IL-2 and completely give it to you for use as part of the Early Access.

Curious is the Google Translator or Rustran translate the post in Russian forum as above. :)

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1

I read (understood) MP would be tested and then available to us within a months time (that being two weeks ago).  So my expectation for MP access is within two weeks from now.  That said, I'm with Soren (exquisite torture) and really look forward to MP!  This weeks updates, in particular the increased draw distance sounds great.  The AAA too but for me it's the flying that is most interesting.

This feels like kicked in the teeth... and being arsed again.

They show a MP tournament but there is no MP available!

Live stream to watch some have fun and the others can just have a wnk on it?!

Can't be asked to watch that, sorry guys no understanding for that.

MP is the only game mode that is relevant for me and I did not notice that there is a possibility to play it already. Just seeing the new introduced Tester icon but never noticed an announcement about that.

Something feels just wrong about that.

All are equal but some are more?!

With all the entusiasm in the beginning, reading the forum makes me think that many loose patience already. Keep pushing, devs!

PS: NO need to start a shtstrm because I am not writing something overenthusiastic here but DARE to critizise something... I would not care at all. ;-)

Edited by EdwardTheGreat
  • Upvote 1

Edward, there is a closed beta team, not a secret, they have bronze tags on this forum.

Thx for that info. Havent noticed the tester tags before the MP CBT. Have they been there from the beginning?

#############

Interesting to see how the frustration grows and people start to bitch each other...

Please STOP THAT!

No need to get on a personal level. We all should tolerate peoples opinion and allow everyone to express themselves.

This forum had a good atmosphere, please work on keeping that up, everyone.

• Upvote 1

I think all this is a good example of WHY there is a closed beta team.

It's not about "more equal" etc but about getting the most progress and testing in the shortest time.

• Upvote 2

Just as I thought... Brave as a lion when others can see you spouting off, but not interested in a one to one!

• Upvote 2

Hey devs, in case you're still following this topic - thanks for the update. Will be interesting to see the AAA. Hope they are sh*t gunners. :) What type of fire control are you simulating with these right now?

p.s. Freedom of speech fine print on this forum: Only make use of that right to express your happiness, otherwise the usual suspects will be there to teach you to be happy.

Wow nice update. great news about the spotting issue, look forward to testing it.

24/7 play mode will be nice also, thanks.

What exactly is the Sunday Tourney? Any details you can share?

Hey devs, in case you're still following this topic - thanks for the update. Will be interesting to see the AAA. Hope they are sh*t gunners. :) What type of fire control are you simulating with these right now?

p.s. Freedom of speech fine print on this forum: Only make use of that right to express your happiness, otherwise the usual suspects will be there to teach you to be happy.

Good question... if they are anything like RoF they will be pretty deadly I'd guess :)

Mind you, flak systems had gotten more proficient by WWII.

AAA and The Fabulous IL2 on the way.........SWEET!!! I will be available for Cannon fodder on Sunday!! :salute:

i asked sometime ago, about AA guns and AI of gunners, well, LOFT said what will be just typical AI, but with several improvements of firing in night conditions...

hope, i remembered and translate this correctly...

Quite simply it makes no sense to be unhappy with the updates for the next few months, or to even complain about them. These updates aren't to make anyone happy, they are to build the game. They are working on it piece by piece, and doing it the way that makes most sense, is most feasible, or fits into their timeline. If the product doesn't have what you want at completion, then be unhappy or upset but this is a process and it's done step by step. This isn't a post-release patch that adds new features, this is the game being built week by week. Complaining about it won't get them to release something else, because if it were ready it would be released already but it's not so complaining about it does nothing. That's my point.

• Upvote 4

downloading 33mb

Same here, so stop the bickering and start enjoying,  ;)

Read DD 52 in Russian:

Curious is the Google Translator or Rustran translate the post in Russian forum as above. :)

Sokol1

Yep, I also read it differently on Russian forum and here. I asked Loft to clarify whether they will open access? And unfortunately he said no. The phrase actually refers to the IL-2, access to the aircraft.  :wacko: 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1167-obsuzhdenie-52-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/?p=130280

Edited by Lextor

Nice to see the spotting changes are in as it makes a big difference now. You can now get tally at a reasonable range without needing to 'zoom' (ie- reduce field of view), but of course by doing so it makes spotting much easier :)

Up and flying, ground attack with AAA um!!. Managed to drop bombs with a(109) on some vehicles, but AAA was giving me a hard time so I started a strafing run got the AAA, but I think they also got me :(

To all: please stop the personal disputes and complains about other's behavior.

I cleaned the topic, but next personal bitter answer or provocation will grant a ride to banville.

EXCELLENT Update!!! So many improvements in one update makes a happy weekend for me.

Great impressions made:

- the new drawing distance of planes! This is almost if not already spot on!!! I can now spot a plane from 6km and a bit more and it is still very very hard! That's how it should be imho! Wonderful! 

- the new icons are great. They are unsurpassed in clarity from what I have seen in this department. Cannot think how they could be improved.

Things that I've noticed during my trial flight:

The flight model seems now a bit easier somehow - less quirky. Just an impression of mine?

Two Laggs and an AA battery taken out - get in!! This is awesome devs well done! Love everything about this sim!!

"The flight model seems now a bit easier somehow - less quirky. Just an impression of mine?"

- Probably how it feels after more and more practice with the planes...

Edited by Freycinet

:cool:  :cool:  :cool: Thanks devs for taking into consideration the spotting problem, and increased the plane drawing distance!!!  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

I'll finally be able to fly BOS again.

Man still having to work today - really looking forward to checking this update out.

The spotting is really well done. Very effective change which imho puts this issue to bed. Ty Devs you nailed this one!