BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 52

Hello Friends,

Another week has passed keeping us busy in multiple segments of development. We’re currently working on new visual effects: huge smoke domes covering the destroyed Stalingrad; bomb explosions with one particularly outstanding one - the enormous SC1800 which was the heaviest German bomb and tracers with a few shape and color corrections etc. By the way, thank you for your warm feedback about improved graphics of city ruins - we'll keep searching for the most natural looking and beautiful creative solutions trying to make the map as spectacular as possible.

Another graphical addition that unlike the previously mentioned ones is going to be featured in the early access is increased draw distance for all aerial contacts. This new feature will not depend on the field of view (from max to min). I'll keep the extensive comments for now, you'll see it yourself soon. As for the gameplay updates, we're adding anti-aircraft artillery so keep focused and take care of yourselves. This is the very first implementation of AAA, it's far from final so please don't rush to criticize, but constructive suggestions are very welcome. Below this text you'll see a couple of screenshots with this fresh early access feature.

Now something fresh for the most impatient ones; first of all, we plan to roll out the IL-2 next week and remove the availability limit for you in the Early Access. And you'll get a set of ground assault missions accordingly. Secondly, we'll hold the first mini-tournament in IL2:BOS multiplayer this Sunday. You'll witness (oh yes, because we decided to live stream and comment everything in real time) the first big battle in the history of our project. There, in the icy sky above Stalingrad the team of developers (=FB= squad pilots) and participants of the closed test with players from many countries of the planet, will face each other in intense dogfights. And of course Albert and I are going to talk about the new interface and all multiplayer features explaining how to use it.

The Live Stream starts on Sunday at 20:00 GMT. Traditionally we'll be glad to see you in the chat on Twitch, and to answer your questions. See you there, it'll be fun!

In addition to all that we present you the list of unlockable modifications for Yak-1

yak-1_en.jpg

aaa_il2bos_1.jpg aaa_il2bos_2.jpg

aaa_il2bos_3.jpg aaa_il2bos_4.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Thank you very much for the update. I will have a lot of fun tonight. The new features, like AAA and extended draw distance, will be appreciated. Just as this week will hold great fun, the coming weeks will surely be wonderful, what with all the great content that will soon be released. I would like to also thank the team for the info on the Yak-1. I eagerly anticipated  the Yak-1 and while I am getting ahead of myself, since I will have other great rides to try out before  the Yak-1, I really do appreciate reading all I can on the future Yak-1 Series 69. Thanks again!  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

Great things head, especially the drawing distance. As I haven't managed to fly the last three updates I'll have much to discover over the weekend :)

ah yes, nice one. can't wait to see the AAA in action, especially at night with regards to the lighting

I may need some clarification, possibly because I am very tired. :)

Will we have unlimited access from now, or will it be granted next session with the IL-2?

I may need some clarification, possibly because I am very tired. :)

Will we have unlimited access from now, or will it be granted next session with the IL-2?

one more week, then unlimited.

The new draw distance and AA look great but for me the biggest thing (because unexpected) is the RPK-10 in the Yak Mods list. Fantastic! Can't wait to try that! I guess the Pe-2 will have it as well?

Edited by =38=Tatarenko

No IL-2 this week, but something even better: improved draw distance! Wohooo!!! :)

And if I'm reading it correct: Unlimited access from next week! Yezzir!!!

• Upvote 1

Very nice update!!!  Glad to see soldiers manning the AAA.  The more people the merrier ... ads a lot to immersion.

Another weekend to skip. Just want something new to fly.

You're gonna have a lot of inactive weeks until the release then.

• Upvote 2

Another weekend to skip. Just want something new to fly.

Have you tried Rise of Flight?  If not, I highly recommend it.

• Upvote 1

Um, what's an RPK-10?

Edit - Wikipedia to the rescue - a radio compass!

Edited by AndyJWest

I hardly fly the game at all, it has nothing of interest in it until the IL2 comes out... looking forward to next week.

But knowing my luck I'll be sent abroad again with work... lol!

If you're expecting each week to be met with something new and fantastic to try, then you're going to be disappointed and this was not a good idea for you to get involved in. Each week won't be awe inspiring, there will be some that will be and there will be some that just have "a few" (that you can see) things added or changed.It's best to remember that because there is never, ever, ever a game development cycle during alpha/beta where each week is "oh wow!"

And if you're expecting tons of fun with no CTDs, that'll be Spring when this thing is closer to 99% complete.

If you're expecting this to be nonstop fun right now, to quote South Park, you're gonna have a bad time.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

If you're expecting each week to be met with something new and fantastic to try, then you're going to be disappointed and this was not a good idea for you to get involved in. Each week won't be awe inspiring, there will be some that will be and there will be some that just have "a few" (that you can see) things added or changed.It's best to remember that because there is never, ever, ever a game development cycle during alpha/beta where each week is "oh wow!"

And if you're expecting tons of fun with no CTDs, that'll be Spring when this thing is closer to 99% complete.

If you're expecting this to be nonstop fun right now, to quote South Park, you're gonna have a bad time.

How is the game going to be 99% complete in Spring when Spring is only a month away? Right now it's only, what, 36%? Over the past month the development % has only gone up by 1%.  :wacko:

Edited by nevervne

Look at the crews manning the AA-guns! Wow, that's pretty!

I wonder if they will be animated too?

Great update, as always!

How is the game going to be 99% complete in Spring when Spring is only a month away? Right now it's only, what, 36%?

Wow. Just... wow. I wasn't aware Spring is limited to a single day.

Plane release order (early access, plan only, we'll see etc):

Il-2

Ju-87

Pe-2

Yak-1

109G2

La-5

190A3

He-111

Edited by =38=Tatarenko
  • Upvote 1

People have been supporting the dev's by just buying the game... they certainly don't have to oooh and aaah at every update.

The dev's are working hard to progress the game for sure, but just because I'm not licking the floor and drooling over the update doesn't mean I don't support the game or the developers.

• Upvote 4

No, you don't have to post happy thoughts for each update. I'm not ooing and aahing either - I simply refrain from posting about the update itself, but making it a point to denigrate their progress by saying that this update is nothing special, no wow this time, not that big of an update, etc, is not showing support. It's showing disdain simply because it didn't meet your expectations.

RPK-10 (from Russian forum)

Albert, and we have radio navigation will work? Like they used to say that there is no ..

Well, not like in MSFS, but will be, ie but if the finder has lost, he will bring to the airfield.

Sokol1

Plane release order (early access, plan only, we'll see etc):

Il-2

Ju-87

Pe-2

Yak-1

109G2

La-5

190A3

He-111

Pe-2 before Yak? That's interesting, and welcome to me as I love the Peshka (though I imagine many will prefer the more equal opposition the Yak offers vs. the Bf 109.)

And if I'm reading it correct: Unlimited access from next week! Yezzir!!!

Seems a case of bad translation - the phrase refer only to il-2 (the plane).

Lextor, on Feb 07 2014 - 13:13, said:snapback.png

Wish is simply not very well translated into English. There everything is celebrating the coming opening unlimited access, you'll have to disappoint them a bit ...

Probably yes

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1167-obsuzhdenie-52-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/page-2

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1

You do realise that each season lasts three months, right?

If someone says "release Spring" they don't mean the 1st day of Spring.

Amen