CCIP

Recommend a collector plane!

On 10/22/2018 at 1:58 PM, moosya said:

I have all of them. But lately i've been enjoying HS129 as a tank buster. It's an extremely balanced and stable platform for the 37mm AP ammo. Compared to IL2 it has 2 engines and the the view in front of your canopy is unobstructed. It's a very easy plane to fly, you just need to learn 1.1ata for unlimited flight or Supercharged at 1.25ata for 30 mins. No rads to worry about.. just point and shoot.

That aircraft doesn’t get enough love.

• Like 1

It's a nice plane but it has 2 deadly flaws:

- of course it's power output but that's not the worst imho.

-It's a really fragile plane, the cockpit may be armored the overall hull is very weak. It'll be cut in pieces by the ennemy CAP as well as the AAA where as the Il-2 is a very thick and strong plane that's still very fast and is better armed.

I don't know how well they did in real life but in the career (as well as in MP) their loss rate is 100%

Sure it can crack open tanks but only if it has absolute air clearance and if the AAA has been taken out.

Moreover it's bomb load is quite underwhelming which can disapoint CAS pilots like me, I mean the old stuka has a better loadout.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this duck, it really has some look and shapes of it's own but it's a sitting duck and if you fly it you'd better not expect much of it.

This topic makes a great case study on how people are quick to respond without actually reading the OP. 😂

• Like 1