Archie

Autumn sale on!

BoS
BoM
BoK
Plus campaigns and collector planes.
Go get 'em boys!

Edited by Archie

Good possibility to complement your collection and get all the fancy stuff.

Is the Spitfire MkVb a worthy grab?

I've basically only got BoS + P-40 + Yak-1B right now. Might just get all of BoM, but the Spit or the La-5FN interests me just as much.

47 minutes ago, DressedWings said:

No, but get it anyway :biggrin:

You can role play battle of Britain with F-2 vs Spit V in Kuban maps channel.

3 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

No, but get it anyway :biggrin:

You can role play battle of Britain with F-2 vs Spit V in Kuban maps channel.

You must be kidding mk5 isnt worth buying...

Thinking about getting the 5N .. but not sure yet.

It is the only one missing in my collection but I don´t find myself very often on the allied side 😄

56 minutes ago, blackram said:

You must be kidding mk5 isnt worth buying...

Thats what i said.

1 hour ago, blackram said:

mk5 isnt worth buying...

I would claim it's absolutely essential if you want to fly a Spit MkV.

• Haha 2

Typical that I only just bought the P40 at the weekend...🤣

10 hours ago, DressedWings said:

I've basically only got BoS + P-40 + Yak-1B right now. Might just get all of BoM, but the Spit or the La-5FN interests me just as much.

The La-5FN is usually available online only in late war scenarios, if you're thinking for online gaming. For offline, there would be no La-5FN in the BoS career, only late in the Kuban campaign. The Spit is the same. If you play a lot online and like the late war then I would buy the FN - currently the most competitive soviet fighter in the game.

However, BoM is my favourite planeset (I loooove the I-16 and the MiG-3 is an interesting craft for sure). With how cheap it is you can't go wrong, and it opens up a lot of things for early war scenarios, online and off. Some people don't like the early soviet fighter planeset but I really like it, and the MiG is the only soviet fighter until the FN that can challenge contemporary 109s on speed. And the I-16 is just good clean fun.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

The La-5FN is usually available online only in late war scenarios, if you're thinking for online gaming. For offline, there would be no La-5FN in the BoS career, only late in the Kuban campaign. The Spit is the same. If you play a lot online and like the late war then I would buy the FN - currently the most competitive soviet fighter in the game.

However, BoM is my favourite planeset (I loooove the I-16 and the MiG-3 is an interesting craft for sure). With how cheap it is you can't go wrong, and it opens up a lot of things for early war scenarios, online and off. Some people don't like the early soviet fighter planeset but I really like it, and the MiG is the only soviet fighter until the FN that can challenge contemporary 109s on speed. And the I-16 is just good clean fun.

I second your opinion on the I-16. Flying the I-16 feels more like riding on top of it rather than sitting inside it. 

Also: Only cool kids fly i-16 in multiplayer 😎

19 minutes ago, DiscoPhil said:

I second your opinion on the I-16. Flying the I-16 feels more like riding on top of it rather than sitting inside it. 

Also: Only cool kids fly i-16 in multiplayer 😎

Usually when I fly multiplayer the I-16 is my ride if its available. On Berloga its surprisingly competitive since everything usually turns into a furball. I've nailed 109Gs and 190s with it more than a few times. You obviously feel outclassed but its just so much fun to jink around the sky like a crazed bird that I don't usually notice. 

On WoL I haven't had as much success with the few sorties I've flown - only a couple 109s and a stuka. BUT it is hilarious to be swarmed by several 109s and be able to keep them at bay for several minutes. My most memorable online excursion was playing keep-away with a couple of 109s just below cloud long enough for a couple of yaks to come screaming down from high altitude and take out my pursuers. I figure as long as they're distracted by little old me the better pilots can clean up the objectives or pick them off when distracted.

5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

BoM is definitely an interest, and it's better value per aircraft for sure. The I-16 and Bf-110 are the main pull for me, I'm just not sure if I would use much else though. I guess since there is only limited SP functions for the FN and MkVb for me then BoM seems to be the clear choice here.. 

58 minutes ago, DressedWings said:

BoM is definitely an interest, and it's better value per aircraft for sure. The I-16 and Bf-110 are the main pull for me, I'm just not sure if I would use much else though. I guess since there is only limited SP functions for the FN and MkVb for me then BoM seems to be the clear choice here.. 

BoM is one of my favourites too. The map is great, just overshadowed by how cool the Kuban map is, the aircraft set is fun, and you get some great aircraft that help fill in the 1942 Stalingrad scenario which is really nice. The two complement each other nicely.

Sales like this are always a very good opportunity!

I still can remember finishing off my RoF and BoS collection during one way back when... (Okay it feels really weird to say that)