Jump to content
=EXPEND=DendroAspis

Why has ammo bug not been fixed yet???

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Just check your guns and relog. This is so preventable with even a basic preflight check.

 

No wonder people in that 10km spotting distance thread think current ranges are enough if they can't even spot the "weapons on" indicators in front of their faces are not lit...

 

This isn't how bugs work, but seriously, your 3rd or 4th dogpile on the same "just check before you take off" assertion is appreciated.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ask me the bug isn't that bad, Net coding isn't easy. I honestly believe the Devs need to stay focused on releasing more content to remain more competitive. 

If I had to choose between working on our upcoming planes/expansions or fixing some ammo counter bug - it's pretty obvious. 

Edited by TexasWarbird
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

 

No, but no shortage of condescension.

 

[Edited]

 

 

As bugs go I would like priority set to other bugs as the ammo counter warns you. I've not experienced it Russian side yet.

 

Let's not get personal ..  

Edited by Bearcat
Personal attack
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexasWarbird said:

If you ask me the bug isn't that bad, Net coding isn't easy. I honestly believe the Devs need to stay focused on releasing more content to remain more competitive. 

If I had to choose between working on our upcoming planes/expansions or fixing some ammo counter bug - it's pretty obvious. 

 

It's not an ammo counter bug, it's a guns don't work bug, most people don't pop off rounds on the ground to test their guns.

 

"This doesn't affect me (yet), so please focus on giving me new things." <--- This is an excellent business plan, keep these types of suggestions coming! :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, [TWB]80hd said:

 

This isn't how bugs work, but seriously, your 3rd or 4th dogpile on the same "just check before you take off" assertion is appreciated.

 

Okay but we haven't had this patched yet so why not just keep checking as usual? I just fire off a single 7.7 round before takeoff to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Talon_ said:

 

Okay but we haven't had this patched yet so why not just keep checking as usual? I just fire off a single 7.7 round before takeoff to be sure.

I do too, now, but after having a cherry firing solution (I'm mildly retarded, so it's super rare for me) and being robbed of it, I have a special place in my heart for those affected by this bug.


I also understand how fickle gamers are (like extra-neurotic cats) and ESPECIALLY flight simmers (we are more like extra-extra-neurotic cats with some form of high-functioning autism) and while this particular bug seems endemic for now, either we just got some lucky doses last night or it is becoming worse/exacerbated by network conditions...

 

For people content to do their 137 point customer satisfaction guaranteed virtual pre-flight checklist and lube, this is a minor annoyance... when you're scrambling to take off with the rest of your crew, you can forget that we need to fire our guns before take-off every time now.

 

I searched for this bug, and this is the only post that I found regarding it (prominently), so I too am apparently guilty of not throwing this on the bug forum and will do so once I gather more information or can get my streaming working again, but this should certainly be looked into.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bf109, HS129, MS202 with 20mm all suffer the bug.

checking ammo does not work as you still loose time and sometimes a plane despawning.

"New content brings new players and makes money! - Fixing bugs only keeps old players from leaving and make no money"

So what would be their incentive to fix it if no money to be had?
Kindness? LMAO:) :):)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasWarbird said:


If I had to choose between working on our upcoming planes/expansions or fixing some ammo counter bug - it's pretty obvious. 

 

Absolutely obvious.  Upcoming planes and expansions!!

43 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:


checking ammo does not work as you still loose time and sometimes a plane despawning.

 

 

 

Boo hoo....  Fly VVS if it you can’t be bothered to check the ammo indicator.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

 

Absolutely obvious.  Upcoming planes and expansions!!

Why do you think the same guy/s is working on new planes and big fixes. Like you never worked in a team.

Edited by blackram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blackram said:

Why do you think the same guy/s is working on new planes and big fixes. Like you never worked in a team.

 

I have no idea why you’re responding to me with this.

Edited by BraveSirRobin
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the Wings of Liberty map that's currently running.

 

Bf 109 G-2 has weaponmods code 0. Should be 1. So looks to me, that it's a mission error. Not really a game bug. Might make sense for someone to get in touch with the admins there.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI there ! I know  i'm not in the right topic , but i desperatly look for someone who can explain to me how to install Battle of Moscou 

i already get Battle of Stalingrad , perhaps you can redirect me on the right topic ? thanks a lot mates !

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restart your pc and log in again.

2 minutes ago, 4./JG53_Weiss_ said:

HI there ! I know  i'm not in the right topic , but i desperatly look for someone who can explain to me how to install Battle of Moscou 

i already get Battle of Stalingrad , perhaps you can redirect me on the right topic ? thanks a lot mates !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just checked the Wings of Liberty map that's currently running.

 

Bf 109 G-2 has weaponmods code 0. Should be 1. So looks to me, that it's a mission error. Not really a game bug. Might make sense for someone to get in touch with the admins there.

 

Soooo.... how would a config setting produce a sporadic result? (For my education)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, [TWB]80hd said:

 

Soooo.... how would a config setting produce a sporadic result? (For my education)

It's not sporadic at all.

 

If you take a Bf 109 G-2 in a mission with weaponmods=0 and don't enter the hangar and change the weapon loadout (which would change/update the weapon loadout), you'll have no ammo. That's not random or sporadic. Just checked again.

 

Also just tested if there is a way to setup a plane with weaponmods=0 in the mission editor. It's not possible. Only possible by changing the mission file using text editor.

 

So long story short, there's no way for the devs to fix this and it's a mission error caused by Wings of Liberty mission creator (probably caused by manually editing the mission in the text editor).

Edited by Matt
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's not sporadic at all.

 

If you take a Bf 109 G-2 in a mission with weaponmods=0 and don't enter the hangar (which would change/update the weapon loadout), you'll have no ammo. That's not random or sporadic. Just checked again.

 

Also just tested if there is a way to setup a plane with weaponmods=0 in the mission editor. It's not possible. Only possible by changing the mission file using text editor.

 

So long story short, there's no way for the devs to fix this and it's a mission error caused by Wings of Liberty mission creator (probably caused by manually editing the mission in the text editor).

 

Very much appreciate your response, I will take this to Gagarin directly!

 

To the lay-person, this is sporadic... because we don't understand the fact that there is procedure that occurs when you enter a hangar versus when you do not.

 

I will say that in my experience, last night, I spawned a 110, died, then loaded out a G-4... I went to the hangar, selected a winter skin, changed fuel, and put on the glass headrest.  I spawned out with guns that would not function.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [TWB]80hd said:

I will say that in my experience, last night, I spawned a 110, died, then loaded out a G-4... I went to the hangar, selected a winter skin, changed fuel, and put on the glass headrest.  I spawned out with guns that would not function.

 

OK, i'll randomly check and join Wings of Liberty to get access to the mission files and wil take take a look. Could very well be, that the G-4 also suffers from this. Should be no problem for Gagarin to fix this easily though.

 

Also i was unclear in my previous post, just changing fuel and/or skin is not enough. You need to change the weapon loadout to fix this issue. So basically load a bomb, set empty loadout or whatever and then change back to the loadout you want to carry. That will overwrite the wrong weaponmod code.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt said:

OK, i'll randomly check and join Wings of Liberty to get access to the mission files and wil take take a look. Could very well be, that the G-4 also suffers from this. Should be no problem for Gagarin to fix this easily though.

 

Also i was unclear in my previous post, just changing fuel and/or skin is not enough. You need to change the weapon loadout to fix this issue. So basically load a bomb, set empty loadout or whatever and then change back to the loadout you want to carry. That will overwrite the wrong weaponmod code.


Was there a way to tag users in posts?


Because: REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN cannot receive messages.

 

=/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to confirm-- this was a Wings of Liberty ONLY bug, yea? Or basically anyone who modifies the mission file with a text editor.

Edited by R3animate
Clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, R3animate said:

So just to confirm-- this was a Wings of Liberty ONLY bug, yea? Or basically anyone who modifies the mission file with a text editor.

If there is or was actually a way to set weaponmod=0 with the mission editor, then i would consider it a game bug (which i can't replicate with the current version). Otherwise it's a mistake made by the person who created the mission, probably by using the text editor. I've made some missions in the past and using the text editor makes things easy if you want to change planetypes and loadouts while keeping the same mission etc. So it's handy and tempting to use it instead of the mission editor, but it can cause errors like this if you make a simple typo.

 

Don't really want to check the other three dozen MP servers, but it seems to happen the most on WOL and with the G-2 (and probably G-4), which i could immediately confirm by just joining the server once with the G-2 available. In any case, it's a mission error and it doesn't matter which server runs a faulty mission. And the devs can't just edit custom MP missions to fix this, so they are the wrong persons to contact.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 So we had six threads demanding action from the developers on this issue, and it turns out that it wasn’t even a bug?  That’s awesome.   Maybe next time let’s try to limit it to one thread demanding action for something that isn’t a bug. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

 So we had six threads demanding action from the developers on this issue, and it turns out that it wasn’t even a bug?  That’s awesome.   Maybe next time let’s try to limit it to one thread demanding action for something that isn’t a bug. 

 

I was thinking the same thing. All this angst, drama, and accusations pointed at the developers, and it turns out it was user error the_whole_freaking_time. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

And the devs can't just edit custom MP missions to fix this, so they are the wrong persons to contact.

 

If this is the issue (thank you for taking the time to investigate), and weaponmods being set to 0 is not valid they could reject the setting though rather than it partially working? 

 

Interesting that this weaponmods issue results in intermittent loadouts.

Possibly still a hangover from the problem where loadouts and restrictions were not working a few patches back?

 

Me selecting a loadout is not overwriting what was set in the mission reliably? 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

I was thinking the same thing. All this angst, drama, and accusations pointed at the developers, and it turns out it was user error the_whole_freaking_time. 

 

Let's get Willy in here to answer for his inane rantings as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

I was thinking the same thing. All this angst, drama, and accusations pointed at the developers, and it turns out it was user error the_whole_freaking_time. 

 

You're a ""tester"right? Can you not bring something positive to the table instead of being a [Edited] about it and maybe fulfill your role by bringing about solutions.

 

As for the ranting and whining we actually might have have a solution to the problem by having posted our so called "drama rants".

BTW.... it not my job to figure out what the problem is or where its coming from.... I paid for the product and I was concerned by what I perceived was a problematic problem that could put people off this wonderful sim/game. Its like buying a top of the range fps shooter , running around with a nice big machine gun but YOU CAN'T SHOOT and noone can tell you why in sods name its happening!!! NOT COOL.  

 

A big thank you to Matt for a possible solution to our dilemma.

 

A big [Edited]for bringing absolutely nothing to help finding the problem.

 

Enough of this.. 

 

 

Edited by Bearcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Matt said:

It's not sporadic at all.

 

If you take a Bf 109 G-2 in a mission with weaponmods=0 and don't enter the hangar and change the weapon loadout (which would change/update the weapon loadout), you'll have no ammo. That's not random or sporadic. Just checked again.

 

Also just tested if there is a way to setup a plane with weaponmods=0 in the mission editor. It's not possible. Only possible by changing the mission file using text editor.

 

So long story short, there's no way for the devs to fix this and it's a mission error caused by Wings of Liberty mission creator (probably caused by manually editing the mission in the text editor).

 

thanks for taking time to check this bug, it was not only on wol, and not only for 109s so i didnt think it could be that other servers would make buged missions like wol, but if thats the problem then wol guys should change that option and see if people still have the problem, i pm denlarik in case no one did ( i dont think gagarin is admin or mission maker there anymore) with your post and i hope they see it and modifie their missions if there is no reason for them to use 0 there insted 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loaded up the editor, and looked at a mission I had the bug on.

 

Screen captured the issue and posted in the the WOL thread tagging Denlarik

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, then i guess it will be taken care off eventually and i'll not check further WoL missions.

 

Got more important and interesting things to test right now anyhow. :joy:

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am locking this thread. Thank some of the posters whose posts were edited or removed for that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...