Han

Developer Diary 208 - Discussion

1 hour ago, Luftschiff said:

It might just as well mean that development of the Pacific can start sooner than expected, or a buyout from EA, or the Arado will be the next collector plane, or [anything].

No need to take out disappointment in advance! Beatiful shots of the Pfalz will keep my prop ticking over for another week!

Of course it can be positive, i'm just pessimistic lately...

Edited by Akatsuki

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Are you kidding me, I have been in this the last two years because of PTO plans, but I do not use it. This is not my life and I have absolutely no hard feelings against the developers nor remarks like yours :) 

This is not my life, I accept a busyness strategy in a company I am not part of. But I want to have a clear message, if PTO is not coming I will delete my account here and uninstall the game. You know this is only a game, it really do not matter. But I bought a lot of stuff from here , gifting it away for supporting a PTO development. And I feel somehow cheated , because I would have left for some time ago if developers just could say the words

That assumes their intentions are not to do the Pacific. Jason is a very straight talker... He wants to do it, it's pretty much his dream to do it, the team will do it unless its just not within their grasp.

I'm interested almost no matter what they do but I can understand for some like yourself who really want that one specific theatre. I do hope you get it. But at this point I only see them being extremely straight with us on their current plans.

You guys are crazy. Han just meant happy when he said amused. I try not to edit out all his funny choice of words. Remember English is not his first language. Although he likes stealing my Pringles.

We're trying to plan for the future, but we have lots of work to do still on BOBP, FC and TC.

The German pilot was created by a lovely and talented woman who works here. The US and WWI Allied pilots have been tweaked. We'll show them later on when they are done.  

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 10

Yeah I figured that's what he meant...I liked that choice of words.

Have fun over there Jason - all looks great.

This is no doubt a secret encrypted message at this point. 

Jason mentioned Hans keeps stealing his Pringles.   

The best I can do at the moment is some people might say Pringles come in a  "JUG"

Could it possibly be that so time in the near future they might add a Jug to the plane set?  

Keep working on it im sure you guys will figure it out at some point.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, JV44_Megla said:

The best I can do at the moment is some people might say Pringles come in a  "JUG"

Could it possibly be that so time in the near future they might add a Jug to the plane set?  

No, Pringles come in a can. A can? OMG!!! The whole team has been canned? As in fired??? It's over! It's all over!!! 😫

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Elem said:

I wouldn't mind betting it works too!

It'd be tough for a compass to perform well within that giant mass of metal, bending the magnetic field.  A/c compasses are corrected for deviation caused by metal of the aircraft.  A typical new junior officer mistake is to use your compass inside a vehicle.  ☹️

50 minutes ago, JV44_Megla said:

We need to keep this quiet, but I figured it out... Pringles was sold from 1967, so it can mean only one thing : We are going to Vietnam :crazy:

• Haha 1

I understand the problems with PTO flight and engineering data but if it ever happens we'll already have P-39, P-40, P-38, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, and A-20 types available for modification to the appropriate models.  

I bet the Moscow Meeting discussed the next campaign after BoBp.  Research for What's Next is probably underway or contemplated.  What could it be?  Korea?   France '40?  Battle of Warsaw?  Moon '46?

1 hour ago, TP_Sparky said:

It'd be tough for a compass to perform well within that giant mass of metal, bending the magnetic field.  A/c compasses are corrected for deviation caused by metal of the aircraft.  A typical new junior officer mistake is to use your compass inside a vehicle.  ☹️

It was probably meant to be used as an emergency compass in case the pilot was forced to bail out or make an emergency landing.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Although he likes stealing my Pringles.

Ah that explains why it looks like you're on diet.

Should we send you some X-mas biscuits in exchange? :biggrin:

Nice DD again btw., the powertrains illustrate how much dedication goes into the mostly unseen details of this game.

:drinks:

Mike

Also, those images look great! The new pilot models are really top notch stuff. I hope the current German and Russian pilots can get upgraded to the new standard. I really am interested to hear what the future plans are. 

4 hours ago, JV44_Megla said:

It's a reference to the German pilot figure, who henceforth shall be known as Pips Pringle

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Ah that explains why it looks like you're on diet.

Should we send you some X-mas biscuits in exchange? :biggrin:

Nice DD again btw., the powertrains illustrate how much dedication goes into the mostly unseen details of this game.

Mike

Since when are drive trains in ww2 tanks unseen? You haven’t played with the Tiger or Panzer III in game yet, have you?

Guys were amused by awesomeness of the Battle of Finland - Continuation War DLC =D 

Edited by LLv44_Damixu

Looks like some amazing detail is going into them pilots, but I do wonder why when there's plenty of new planes to finish.

I rarely see figures in game?🙄

Guys,

If you zoom in on Jason's writing pad in the picture it clearly states that the next IL2 game will be a space fighter game!

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

Guys,

If you zoom in on Jason's writing pad in the picture it clearly states that the next IL2 game will be a space fighter game!

Regards

IL-2: Space Citizen? 

21 minutes ago, Haza said:

Guys,

Regards

Wrong...

JW-PTO.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

The German pilot was created by a lovely and talented woman who works here. The US and WWI Allied pilots have been tweaked. We'll show them later on when they are done.  

Those new pilots are awesome 😁 !

Will it be possible to assign them to lend lease aircraft, either as plane modification or for mission builder ? It could be useful, as an example to fly the Boston over BoBp map 😃!

Many thanks to the team for the impressive works

Just now, Uufflakke said:

Wrong...

JW-PTO.jpg

P lease T urn O ver?

• Upvote 1

Coming along nicely guys so far, thanks for the update, really appreciated.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

My thoughts on what the surprise will be:

Maybe we'll getting nose art decals function.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

It's F#c&ing crazy how 3D that German Pilot is. Simply brilliant work there boys.

And apparently, per Jason, girls. I’ll check my sexism at the door now. Still, well done nonetheless. It looks like a a high end action figure in a display case in those screenies.

Someone said that Pringles come in a can...  That would mean a tin can yes. as in a destroyer...

IL2 Battle of Leyte Gulf.

4kTaYS.jpg

My logic is flawless on this.

😄

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Someone said that Pringles come in a can...  That would mean a tin can yes. as in a destroyer...

IL2 Battle of Leyte Gulf.

4kTaYS.jpg

My logic is flawless on this.

😄

Brother, I believe You have found the truth!

image.png.15c6c907d0939f10b47a589b56254bc4.png

Edited by Horna
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, NAKE350 said:

Looks like some amazing detail is going into them pilots, but I do wonder why when there's plenty of new planes to finish.

I rarely see figures in game?🙄

Well, I can think of a few reasons.

People like to do videos and screenshots with external views, and with HD and 4K monitors becoming more common, you can see a lot more detail. So if the planes are beautifully modelled  and the pilot is just kinda blah, it stands out, looks out of place. The video/screenshot producers are basically free advertising for the game so making good player models is an investment (as well as just looking good when you're cruising around in external views, or dropping out of the sky in a parachute. And in multi-crew aircraft of course.

The other reason is that they are working as a kind of dry run for Tank Crew, which will have much closer encounters with tank crew members, possible field gun emplacements, etc, where these more detailed models can really shine.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Well, I can think of a few reasons.

People like to do videos and screenshots with external views, and with HD and 4K monitors becoming more common, you can see a lot more detail. So if the planes are beautifully modelled  and the pilot is just kinda blah, it stands out, looks out of place. The video/screenshot producers are basically free advertising for the game so making good player models is an investment (as well as just looking good when you're cruising around in external views, or dropping out of the sky in a parachute. And in multi-crew aircraft of course.

The other reason is that they are working as a kind of dry run for Tank Crew, which will have much closer encounters with tank crew members, possible field gun emplacements, etc, where these more detailed models can really shine.

Sounds plausible, but still not sure figures should take priority over delivering awesome new vehicles and maps, especially when heads are only seen in external views.  I know when they do arrive they will be worth the wait.😊 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NAKE350 said:

Sounds plausible, but still not sure figures should take priority over delivering awesome new vehicles and maps, especially when heads are only seen in external views.  I know when they do arrive they will be worth the wait.😊 

As with most things in life, the person doing the pilot figures or the one doing the internals for Tank Crew might not be involved with other aspects of the games. In the case of the pilot detail, maybe someday in the future that detail might be put to ground crew or other ground based figures.

Edited by Rjel
  • Upvote 1

Whatever it is, I'll likely buy it. Mainstream or niche, the enjoyment I have had from this series outweighs personal theatre or a/c preferences.

But I would love to see some Tempest pics along the way...

On 10/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, Asgar said:

Since when are drive trains in ww2 tanks unseen? You haven’t played with the Tiger or Panzer III in game yet, have you?

Emphasize on "mostly".

I've been referring to what most player's immediate focus is on in contrast these rarely depicted jewels, not trying to give the impression they weren't there before.

"Mostly unseen" in these terms is to be read like "you hardly see anyone showing screenshots of this".

In fact I've been driving tanks a lot, all of them.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, TP_Sparky said:

What about Russian pilots?  Night Witches?  Lydia Litvyak? 

Lilya

Image result for lydia litvyak

Great photo.

I have a book on the nightwitches (and female Pe-2 pilots) that has some great photos as well, but that one is fantastic.

I know Jason want's a female pilot...just a matter of working her into the pipeline.