Sign in to follow this  
sturmkraehe

News on the release date?

Are there any updated information about the release date of the game? It seems that it's taking longer than expected but maybe just my impression. 

Spring 2014 was given way back in 2013 and is still on the about page. Now we are in winter 2014, which looks right in schedule to me.

It's ready, when it's ready. Unless there is somekind of hurry?

• Upvote 1

I think September would be good with a STACK of amazing features! I'd love to see all kinds of great stuff in there that we haven't even imagined yet!

Until then there's EA.

I think September would be good with a STACK of amazing features! I'd love to see all kinds of great stuff in there that we haven't even imagined yet!

Until then there's EA.

+1...no hurry, no worry

Are there any updated information about the release date of the game? It seems that it's taking longer than expected but maybe just my impression. 

My impression is very much the opposite, for an Alpha with very little bugs and CTD's its going far better than most can expect imho, coupled with weekly updates I am very happy and will be even happier once QMB gets integrated. Hopefully I didn't just jinx them...

Its summer here IN NZ. Does that mean its late? :wacko:

Personally I dont care about the release date . Id rather wait a year than have another BOB disaster.

My impression is very much the opposite, for an Alpha with very little bugs and CTD's its going far better than most can expect imho, coupled with weekly updates I am very happy and will be even happier once QMB gets integrated. Hopefully I didn't just jinx them...

Agreed! For an Alpha this is very well put together already. There are rough edges and missing content and features but that's just a matter of time.

I thing spring 2015 :o:

Not in a million years.

This will be done and dusted by the Summer (Northern Hemisphere) latest; there isn't a CLoD budget on this one.

Edited by Georgio

I expect a slight delay of at most a couple of months. With so many things still up in the air (meaning we haven't seen any of it yet) - clouds and other weather, vehicle AI, He 111, MP, not to speak of the entire campaign system - I just can't see it being ready by spring (March through May)

A delay of a few weeks really isn't gonna mean a lot, though we will propably all be aching for it by the time we get close. Development has progressed at an impressive pace, and I'd much rather have a finished product at release than a beta with potential.

Doubt if it will be ready in the spring...

They are still messing around with the two aircraft we have, and there is another eight to come... Late summer at the earliest would be my guess, possibly stretching into the autumn...

Doubt if it will be ready in the spring...

They are still messing around with the two aircraft we have, and there is another eight to come... Late summer at the earliest would be my guess, possibly stretching into the autumn...

Exactly. We now had 10 weeks early access and the game status increased from 32% to 38%. According to my calculations only 113 weeks to go for 100% :P

Just because you haven't experienced these things in the game yourself, doesn't mean that some or all of these things aren't being worked on in earnest behind the scenes.

For all we know, most of these things might be nearing completion.

Loft and Zak have already spoken about the things that are coming soon.

How much will the completed percentage jump up to when MP, QMB and the IL-2 are implemented?

I don't disagree with you. I certainly expect that all these things are well underway. Still there's no denying, that the devs themselves currently view the EA build as 38% complete, which would indicate that there is still some way to go for many of those things. Even if the "completeness" of the alpha jumped above 50% by the next version, it's still a long haul ahead.

Edited by Finkeren

I would wager on a September+ release.

I have a feeling that the development would slip from Spring into Summer - and no games are every released in the Summer - meaning an Autumn launch.

I have absolutely zero evidence to back this up - nor do I know anything about how far the project development cycle has gone - but that's my bet :)

Yes, was just thinking about the release date...

The IL2 Website still says Spring 2014 and as it would only take seconds to change the text on the website I assume it is still planned to be 100% complete and have a full release sometime in the next 6-8 weeks. ;)

Or we will get an update very soon saying it's now an Autumn release date....

No big deal in the great scheme of things.

Si

I don't understand the focus on the release date, it's not like it changes anything if it's released at the beginning of Spring, middle of spring or on the very last day of spring - we'll be playing this game well before the release date.

Even after the release date work won't stop. Additional content is going to be created for purchase, possibly a new weather engine will be created and incorporated after release, and on and on. The official release date is inconsequential as that doesn't mean it's done, over and all work will stop on BoS. They intend to make this into a series, so work will continue to develope the series further and lots of improvements for the subsequent releases will likely make it into BoS prior to the next release.

Until then there's EA.

Well for us in Oz that is Spring so promise would still be kept ;)

I only asked because I'm sure there are many gamers following the game but are not on the forum or following the forum.

We always talk about encouraging new flightsimmers and new young gamers into our niche world, but if the only thing they are going on is the official website or outside media then they will be expecting the game out within the next few months...

An official update on the release date is overdue..

We are very happy and don't care about the date - as we are already playing the game!! 

There's people waiting for release before they buy the game. I know 3 or 4 myself. Release date doesn't matter much to me, but does to them.

A little birdy tells me that the release date is 23rd August. Apparently Napoleon and Hitler thought it a good date to get things rolling as well... :D

I don't disagree with you. I certainly expect that all these things are well underway. Still there's no denying, that the devs themselves currently view the EA build as 38% complete, which would indicate that there is still some way to go for many of those things. Even if the "completeness" of the alpha jumped above 50% by the next version, it's still a long haul ahead.

Sure, the public EA version is labeled as 38% complete, but there are things going on just a (hidden) sub-forum away that can be labeled something very very different.

Don't think of the percentage like a Windows progress bar, it's not like the next 62% toward completion is going to take the same relative amount it has taken the 38%. Stuff is happening in leaps and bounds.

A little birdy tells me that the release date is 23rd August. Apparently Napoleon and Hitler thought it a good date to get things rolling as well... :D

Ironic that that was the date they signed their non-agression pacts as well :D

I only asked because I'm sure there are many gamers following the game but are not on the forum or following the forum.

We always talk about encouraging new flightsimmers and new young gamers into our niche world, but if the only thing they are going on is the official website or outside media then they will be expecting the game out within the next few months...

The game will be released in the next few months - the second quarter 2014.   

well thankfully, i should be done this regiment of classes very soon so i should be able to play soon so the release date? yeah not to worried about it :P

Edited by -MG-Cacti4-6

I think that this 39% it's only the indicator about that you can see of this simulator, the other 40%, more or less, it's the secret of 777 developers. (this is my think, not "the true").

It's strange that the release will be in 5 month (more or less), and the sim are only this 39% of advance, not possible to do one 60% in 5 month, or 777 has 100 person working hard. In other side I think that this sim has competitors, and maybe isn't good to explain all real advance in this moment...this is my think again.

But in any case, this 39% of progress it's very very good, a very good job (like other sims, but in this case I think that Il2 Bos will be a good second part of Il2 1946, on the right course.)

It is always spring somewhere.....

thats not true

whens winter in north hemisphere its summer in south hemisphere and viceversa

when its spring in north hemisphere is auttum in south hemisphere and viceversa

but when its winter in north hemisphere and summer in south hemisphere there are no more hemispheres left to be spring :)

for the sake of education

Edited by raaaid

9th May with military parade on Red Square,be sure :pioneer:

thats not true

whens winter in north hemisphere its summer in south hemisphere and viceversa

when its spring in north hemisphere is auttum in south hemisphere and viceversa

but when its winter in north hemisphere and summer in south hemisphere there are no more hemispheres left to be spring :)

for the sake of education

And how about all the other planets in the Universe that have have periodically changing axis tilt? ;)

You really think that there's any moment, where not a single one of those is experiencing spring somewhere :P

Edited by Finkeren

or release in any spring tide, spring from springy, extreme

on spring you can have this sim fro your sparring :)