mga

Strange freeze in 3.006

I'm playing the Cold Winter scripted campaign and I experience a strange freeze at mission 4 (appropriately named Help urgently required!). What happens is that I take off, fly towards Borovsk and turn right towards Vereya. After the turn, I fly another minute or so and then the game partially freezes. What is strange is that the sound still works and I can see the exhaust raising out in front of the airplane. It's like the airplane is stopped in midair with the engine running. It looks really weird. The only thing that moves on the screen is the animation of the exhaust smoke but it is shown in front of the airplane. Everything else is just frozen.

Trying to control the airplane doesn't do anything. I tried easing out the throttle to see if the sound of the engine changes but it doesn't. Trying to move my head (to control the view with TrackIR) doesn't do anything either. I can bring out the map and I can bring out the menu (with the esc key). Trying to abort the mission doesn't do anything, but restarting it works. I tried creating a track of this but the track does not show it, the track ends normally, as there were no freeze.  I am adding the track file anyway, in case it helps debugging this issue.

The same thing happened in another campaign, Ten days of autumn, with the difference that in that case the game continued after a while. In the case of this particular mission however it doesn't.

Tracks.rar

I tried to play again the mission and wait longer this time and it seems that the game continues given enough time. It froze several times during the mission. Two out of these were several minutes long.

After 3.006 i noticed occasional freezes where (for instance on 10 days) the graphics would stop for a few seconds then fast forward though those locked seconds to a point where the game would act normally. In the tank crew mission for the Tiger this also happened especially when taking lots of fire. 

I Re-installed the game and the same scenarios do not see the problem re-occur so far.

After a few more missions in the campaign, now the game freezes again but this time it crashes after a short wait :( What are the files I should save so I won't lose my config settings and campaign progress when reinstalling the game?

Same freezes noticed in scripted campaign only until now for me.

I played mission 2 of the superb VeteranenCampaign JG51 over Velikie Luki yesterday and add it 3 times in the same mission, same symptoms , freeze, but sound still going on, I did alt+Tab several times and after a few second the game came back ...but no crash

Very strange indeed, and I never had it before ...

I guess thta it is a bug coming with the latest patch ...

Also noticed some freezing during career and scripted campaign play. It seems to be tied to objectives updating or similar instances as I never hae the problem in MP or Quick Missions.

I'm also seeing a slight freeze when opening and closing the ingame maps (the small HUD maps cause a freeze and so does opening the main map). 🙁