Han

Developer Diary 207 - Discussion

Dora looks incredible. Can’t wait until we have proper looking fighter pilots in the cockpits. 

Can only echo what others are saying. 

Each Bodenplatte plane seems to raise the bar further. Really looking forward to having them all released. 

This is like a golden age of WW2 flight sims. !

Stunning artwork! Dora's skin looks like 4K...

BTW: what is the plan for BoBP aircrafts in general - 2K od 4K skins?

The Dora is beautiful and i'm waiting for the PO2.

About the stat, i hope you add points for cargo and dropping cargo or paratrooper for supply plane.

I'm hysterically freaking out as once the D9 is out I am going to become axis VonAeroAce. My spit will be grounded!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 71st_AH_Hooves said:

Not a huge Luftwaffe fan, but that Dora..omg!

Pretty much sums up my reaction as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:
4 hours ago, 71st_AH_Hooves said:

Not a huge Luftwaffe fan, but that Dora..omg!

Pretty much sums up my reaction as well.

*sign*

• Like 1

Next update is gonna be huge again! Congrats! I can hardly wait to try the new toys. The match Dora vs Po2 is gonna be sth ....

(Just kidding ;) Sovietwhinners). ;)

7 hours ago, senseispcc said:

The Fw 190 D? is really a beauty, do not forget this is a inline engine not a radial engine like the other FW 190 and it seems it is a lattle version with the long aft fuselage.

Nice work.  And yes, there are two type of head rest, plus 2 type of canopys at least aft the frontal part. Plus diferent aft part of the fuselage one at least very like the one of the Ta 152 biger than the normal one.

Great work, waiting a little longer is a nice torture.  :salute:

What’s do you mean? All Dora’s have the long fuselage to balance out the longer nose and subsequent forward movement of the CoG

I am also looking forward to buying the U-2 when it comes out. Has there been any official word on whether the nomenclature will be post-war Po-2 or pre-war U-2?

53 minutes ago, Asgar said:

What’s do you mean? All Dora’s have the long fuselage to balance out the longer nose and subsequent forward movement of the CoG

He is mixing things a bit.

Judging from screenshots it seems to have late three-piece guncowling by Mimetall. So it should have blown canopy as well. Hopefully both types will be available.

Looks great, can't wait to fly it!

Edited by DB605
  • Upvote 4

Appreciate you stayed late at work to publish this DD. I thought it was too late to wait.👍 

2 hours ago, Asgar said:

A later version of the D had longer fuselage than the early one. If you look at it you see the break into the continuity betwen the secions of the fuselage and all the versions of the Fw 190 D did not have this. All late model did and very late models had the Ta 152  tails. :salute:

Never forget I am not specificaly talking about D-9 , 10 ,11,12 13 etc.

Edited by senseispcc
adition clarification

21 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

A later version of the D had longer fuselage than the early one.

Nope.

All Doras had the 50cm fuselage-extension and the 2cm tailfin-plug.

21 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

All late model did and very late models had the Ta 152  tails.

Nope. Some airframes had the Einheitsleitwerk (including a handful of Antons), but it wasn't production-standard yet.

• Upvote 1

Can only echo what everyone else has said - that does look extra special.

45 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

A later version of the D had longer fuselage than the early one. If you look at it you see the break into the continuity betwen the secions of the fuselage and all the versions of the Fw 190 D did not have this.

Only couple of very early prototypes had original/short fuselage. ALL production Doras had long fuselage.

Edited by DB605
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Han and team. Seems like it's all going as planned. Can't wait for the new content.

You guys have a great weekend!!

I must say the amount of high quality progress is amazing. Unsurpassed in the flight sim space in my experience. Bravo!

• Upvote 1

I've run out of superlatives to describe what we're shown in these DDs. Each update just reminds me of where we started with this series, where we are now and where we're going. There is a very bright future for this sim and its offspring.

Seeing the quality of the D-9 only makes the wait for the upcoming U.S. fighters harder and harder to endure. That is going to be a sweet ride.

1 hour ago, TheSNAFU said:

I must say the amount of high quality progress is amazing. Unsurpassed in the flight sim space in my experience. Bravo!

I very much agree with this.  Well done Jason and all of the team.  Thank you for such a consistently high level of customer experience.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Guys,

There will be the two types of canopies available for the Dora. I had originally thought no, but I was thinking of another plane. The Dora will have two different styles of canopies available.

:salute:

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 13

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

There will be the two types of canopies available for the Dora. I had originally thought no, but I was thinking of another plane. The Dora will have two different styles of canopies available.

Jason

Thanks for clearing that up

2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Great! Thank you Jason. This is going to be great. I am seeing a lot of progress in the sim and lot of details and extra things that are being added! Thats the difference between love what you do and do something just for money!

Can someone please post some pics that clearly show the difference between the two canopy types. I am struggling to work out what the hype is about. 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Can someone please post some pics that clearly show the difference between the two canopy types. I am struggling to work out what the hype is about. 

Thanks in advance 

canopy.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Any chance we could get a couple of dev updates hyping the U-2/Po-2? It'd be nice to see it be given the maximum chance to attract pre-orders in order to increase the likelihood we get a Lisunov-2 (or something else) from that team!

Together with new armor, blown canopy gives much better vision to rear. So its not just visual thing to have.

canopy2.jpg

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Thanks! Nice job in giving more variety to cover the different subversions of these planes :) If you guys could also mate the bulged Dora canopy to the A-8 when selecting the F-8 option it would be pretty awesome :good:

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3