Flowbee_603

My First Tiger Skin

Thanks to helpful posts on the Forums I have managed to create a skin.

I could really do with a panel finder though if someone has a link to one. It is a 4K skin. I now need to figure out bump maps and get more control over the Alpha channel but I really enjoyed painting without getting messy.

Here is the link if you want to try it..   http://www.mediafire.com/file/35w3de4oiv4pmkg/Tiger_Skin_Das Reich 8.dds

Das Reich Tiger.jpg

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Hi I like your work! Thanks!

Is it ok that i used it in my video? (Newer done videos before, so just for fun)

• Like 4

Thanks! Looking forward to see more of your paint work, maybe a winter-camo for the Tiger? 😄

Thanks, I like it! It looks really mean!  

If you manage to get that wet look with the alfa and the brush marks, man! 

Glad you liked it! 😊

I much prefer tanks looking beat up like they have been in battle. Meanwhile I've finished the winter Tiger skin. Rather than wet I've found that using the Alpha layer and the Noise filter I was able to get a nice frost and ice finish which complements the winter camo. The brush effects are subtle considerating that the white wash is well worn. This was easier after I found a brush effect download file online.

Anyway, I hope you like the Winter Tiger.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjkux6adu9cdxix/PzVIH1_111_winter_1943_frost.dds/file

1535599246_FrostandicyTiger.jpg.7a2a448d1fdfab0cfcf5897da2f8da5f.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks, appreciated!

Currently experimenting with the bump map file. It opens up incredible effects but need to learn how to harness it. At the moment I don't always get what I want. Unfortunately this also means using mods on but I think the tanks could look amazing. Again thanks to Det and Pierre for showing the way.

Frozen snow and ice...

icy.jpg

Edited by Flowbee_603
  • Like 8

Unfortunately, having checked out bump mapping and the cool effects that can be created it is just too much hassle to create a specific normal map file to go with each tank skin and then to run with mods on in the game in order to use it. I think I'll stick to skinning just using the Alpha and no mods setting required. Maybe one mods on tank skin would be cool though if it had enough nice effects.

mud spade.jpg

mud wheels.jpg

tank.jpg

• Like 1

If the normal map file was tied to the skin file (e.g by using the same name + _b) and the default normal map was used if this was not present then the skins could be made more creative and divergent than is currently possible. This shouldn't be difficult and with tanks could really pay off. The alternative is to paint textures on to the skins but this just is not as striking when viewed from different angles.

I have a quick question.  Where does one place the dds skin files for tanks?  I know where and how for aircraft, but I have not located the folder for tank skins.  Thanks in advance.

.../data/graphics/skins/_pzvi-h1      - but you will have to create a new folder called  _pzvi-h1 in the skins folder first. You then drop the .dds file in there. Obviously that is for the Tiger only. The folder for the KV1 is called _kv1s.

Edited by Flowbee_603

A belated thank you.  I appreciate your response to my question.  I really need to check back more frequently.