szelljr

szelljr skindeposit (WW 1) ®

Wonderfull job szelljr, as usual.... and more SE5a are always welcome...

A little question, from wich unit is the number D6940?

2 minutes ago, imanuthep said:

Wonderfull job szelljr, as usual.... and more SE5a are always welcome...

A little question, from wich unit is the number D6940?

I recall my question, I've found the answer... 29th Sqn.

eager to see some more stuff from  you

Awesome stuff here, I love historic skins !  I do agree with the others,  .. If I could download all of them in one go I surely would ;)   .  I will just start with a few of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

S! @szelljr,

First of all, I just want to say that your complete list of skins are incredible!
On my part, I'm just starting to create skins... but someone ask me to create the skin below for him.
3/4 of the skin is pretty straight forward... but the black squares are pretty hard to hit, since the fuselage of the AD5 splits inside the template.

If  It's not too much to ask, could you show me how to create one line of those squares?

If it's not possible, I will understand.

11083292_LtLeptein(2).jpg.b2629488994372029ac3a89ee10afbc9.jpg.d5abab487ce59d6824e7934c2ff91f0c.jpg

Thank you,

GenMarkof

Edited by II./JG1_GenMarkof
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, II./JG1_GenMarkof said:

S! @szelljr,

First of all, I just want to say that your complete list of skins are incredible!
On my part, I'm just starting to create skins... but someone ask me to create the skin below for him.
3/4 of the skin is pretty straight forward... but the black squares are pretty hard to hit, since the fuselage of the AD5 splits inside the template.

If  It's not too much to ask, could you show me how to create one line of those squares?

11083292_LtLeptein(2).jpg.b2629488994372029ac3a89ee10afbc9.jpg.d5abab487ce59d6824e7934c2ff91f0c.jpg

Thank you,

GenMarkof

Uhhh ,this skin i think is a very hard1(My opinion) . When i made a skin  with red squares i remember i worked* a lot on that part , many ,many saves,go to viewer,back to squares 1mm left save again ,lol  , I hope you made ! 

Untitled-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, II./JG1_GenMarkof said:

S! @szelljr,

Thank you,

GenMarkof

As you move down towards the tail you will also have to adjust the angle of the squares to make the lines appear straight in-game. IIRC, the angle (annoyingly) changes on the albatros the closer to the tail you get.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, szelljr said:

Uhhh ,this skin i think is a very hard1(My opinion)

That's what most of the skin creator told me about this one! ;)
I will try... but not sure what I can make of it!
Thank you for your helping tips guys.

Cheers,
GenMarkof

• Upvote 1

I'm with szeljr on this one, @II./JG1_GenMarkof. Unfortunately, it's probably a 9 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. It looks as though no one even bothered to try to make it for Rise of Flight either, which is unfortunate in that you wouldn't be able to use that as a guide. Another problem we have is with the AD5 template (see link at the bottom of this post), which makes things worse. If you still want to try, I would highly recommend learning how to use the Pen tool if you are using Photoshop. I found many useful tutorials on Youtube for that. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions. Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 7:55 PM, the_dudeWG said:

I'm with szeljr on this one, @II./JG1_GenMarkof. Unfortunately, it's probably a 9 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. It looks as though no one even bothered to try to make it for Rise of Flight either, which is unfortunate in that you wouldn't be able to use that as a guide. Another problem we have is with the AD5 template (see link at the bottom of this post), which makes things worse. If you still want to try, I would highly recommend learning how to use the Pen tool if you are using Photoshop. I found many useful tutorials on Youtube for that. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions. Cheers!

I did have a pop at this one for ROF, I was quite happy with it if I recall correctly. Don't think I finished off the wappen insignia, I couldn't find a good enough image of it + I realised Jasta 63 doesn't appear in PWCG so I gave up on it.  The squares were all there mind, and they weren't too bad considering the limitations of the templates. There's some slightly wobbly bits on the underside of the ROF D5 and you couldn't draw a straight line on it even if your life depended on it!  I'm happy to share the template if anyone cares.

I'm not even going to waste my effort on FC templates.

Edited by Gooseh

23 hours ago, Gooseh said:

I did have a pop at this one for ROF, I was quite happy with it if I recall correctly. Don't think I finished off the wappen insignia, I couldn't find a good enough image of it + I realised Jasta 63 doesn't appear in PWCG so I gave up on it.  The squares were all there mind, and they weren't too bad considering the limitations of the templates. There's some slightly wobbly bits on the underside of the ROF D5 and you couldn't draw a straight line on it even if your life depended on it!  I'm happy to share the template if anyone cares.

S! @Gooseh & @the_dudeWG,

This is great news to me... and don't worry, all the glory will go to you for creating this amazing skin (I will place your name in a small and not visible place of the plane - in honor of the  creator! ).
On my part, I was at 3/4 of it. This will really help me finishing it for a member of the FC community.

If it's not to much trouble, let me know how I could get my hand on the DDS or Photoshop file (work file).
I was going to work on it this afternoon!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JG1_GenMarkof said:

S! @Gooseh & @the_dudeWG,

This is great news to me... and don't worry, all the glory will go to you for creating this amazing skin (I will place your name in a small and not visible place of the plane - in honor of the  creator! ).
On my part, I was at 3/4 of it. This will really help me finishing it for a member of the FC community.

If it's not to much trouble, let me know how I could get my hand on the DDS or Photoshop file (work file).
I was going to work on it this afternoon!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

No worries...I can certainly send you the relevant layers you can drop into the FC template?  I have had a go at shifting layers between ROF templates and FC templates. It works to a point and there's some tinkering involved to get it right but it can be done. I would think that this one might need some considerable tinkering though! I haven't tried. 

I'll upload the layers and PM you.

Apologies to szelljr for the thread hijack.

Edited by Gooseh
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gooseh said:

No worries...I can certainly send you the relevant layers you can drop into the FC template?  I have had a go at shifting layers between ROF templates and FC templates. It works to a point and there's some tinkering involved to get it right but it can be done. I would think that this one might need some considerable tinkering though! I haven't tried. 

I'll upload the layers and PM you.

S! @Gooseh

Great and don't worry about the layers...
I have Cloud Adobe and it's pretty easy for me to transfer a layer and keeping it at the same place.
I'll be waiting for your pm and the source file.

Cheers,
GenMarkof

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, US63_SpadLivesMatter said:

Awesome, thank you @szelljr!  How did you get it working?

THFN.png

Hey, guys. Is this a personal skin and would you like it included in @GCF's Unofficial Skin Bundle? If so, it will be updated with the Z_ prefix (denoting it as a personal skin). Cheers!

1 hour ago, the_dudeWG said:

Hey, guys. Is this a personal skin and would you like it included in @GCF's Unofficial Skin Bundle? If so, it will be updated with the Z_ prefix (denoting it as a personal skin). Cheers!

Hell yeah, add it.

It is Thorrahrafn's skin from Rise of Flight.

• Thanks 1