Sign in to follow this  
KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

The first & single bullet........again

Well, just to spread out the clichee rumors even a little more, about STALINIUM, weak axis planes, AI sniping.......you heared it all :) .....and sure; my approach angle wasn't the best, but still....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

prime example how not to attack any bomber, go slow at his low 6 and sit there long so his gunner can have stedy aim at you, AI gunners have its problems but when devs see this no wonder they dont take ai gunner complains seriosly

• Upvote 1

The problem is more, that when you choose an oblique attack approach relative to the targets plane with a relative speed above 300 and being exposed to the gunner for only 1 second, he still hits in between the eyes. So this is really a bad example. Not sure what you are getting at with the question of "human gunner" should he have been performing better or worse? The 202 also has the weakest armament of all the planes in il-2, so taking all of that in account the attack went quite well actually...

• Upvote 1

Well I would have made that shot.

Easiest kills are just put your PE 2 in level flight and sit in  the turret and wait. I got  many easy kills that way. 1 out of 4 fighters do it properly and you are dead anyway. I never been able to defend myself against those doing it right, they conserve ammo too, so you have no hope they run empty either.

They line up for deflection shooting and do not shoot before they are very close, not one bullet miss and are at its most effective

Edited by LuseKofte

3 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

THIS.

no, the problem is not the wrong combat maneuver but sniper ia

3 minutes ago, 150GCT_Pan said:

no, the problem is not the wrong combat maneuver but sniper ia

no, the problem is not sniper AI but the wrong combat maneuver.   I do not think I have ever seen an attack on a Pe-2 done more incompetently than in this video. The Op is giving the Pe-2 an almost zero deflection shot. 

In addition, the thread title is "The first and single bullet...again", while in the video itself it is obvious that this is not the case: the OP even subtitles "avoided some shots" at 1.37

I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks that they should be able to creep up slowly behind and underneath a plane with a HMG covering that arc and expect to get away with it for long.  Complaining about being hit in that position is absurd.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

no, the problem is not sniper AI but the wrong combat maneuver.   I do not think I have ever seen an attack on a Pe-2 done more incompetently than in this video. The Op is giving the Pe-2 an almost zero deflection shot. 

In addition, the thread title is "The first and single bullet...again", while in the video itself it is obvious that this is not the case: the OP even subtitles "avoided some shots" at 1.37

I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks that they should be able to creep up slowly behind and underneath a plane with a HMG covering that arc and expect to get away with it for long.  Complaining about being hit in that position is absurd.

online, 1 shot 1 hit from pe2 tail gunner is not an Announcements

• Sad 1

@KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 As the others have already said that your aproach was bad I´ll try to add something else. 
Try to steady your aim more. I believe you could have had him there but your aim was  a bit all over the place :).
I can recommend the 72AG Training server for this because there is a AI plane flying in big circles in the shooting zone where you can practice steady aiming.
Good Luck next time! :salute:

• Upvote 1

Guys, many thanks for the replies.

Yes, I said it in the video, I am learning the fighter stuff (so far more the CAS/Bomber pilot).

Yes, my approach was bad.

It appears to me, online or in quick missions (not that in campaign that much, whats surprising me a little), that the very first bullet mostly destroys my engine (related to the MC202).

Thanks for the angling video and all the other advices, (thats the reason why I like this communiy a lot) I will try to execute better in future :salute:

🙂

1 hour ago, Psyrion said:

@KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 As the others have already said that your aproach was bad I´ll try to add something else. 
Try to steady your aim more. I believe you could have had him there but your aim was  a bit all over the place :).
I can recommend the 72AG Training server for this because there is a AI plane flying in big circles in the shooting zone where you can practice steady aiming.
Good Luck next time! :salute:

Yes, thats indeed a problem.

I own the THRUSTMASTER Joystick T-Flight Hotas 4 and well, I was playing around with sensibility in the options, but could not find an unmovable "death point" in the center (if this makes sense).

Any advices on that?

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 150GCT_Pan said:

online, 1 shot 1 hit from pe2 tail gunner is not an Announcements

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.”

But it's not too late yet.

The illusion of truth is not inevitable – when armed with knowledge, we can resist it.

:drinks:

Mike

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.”

But it's not too late yet.

The illusion of truth is not inevitable – when armed with knowledge, we can resist it.

Mike

Hey, maybe you did not saw the lines I wrote direct unter the shown video and propably you did not get the twist.

I dont claim anything and do not want feed further on some existing rumors, clichees and stuff.

Just it happens to me, that the first bullet which is hitting me, destroys my engine when I fly the MC202 very often.

Thats it.

And again, I know that my approach was bad.

• Confused 1

I guess you wanted to quote someone else Kalle because my reply wasn't even aimed at you.

As for what you've observed:

Yes, your approach wasn't all too clever.

No, I can't confirm what you say about the engine of the Macchi, quite contrary, what I like best about that plane is it's toughness.

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

there is problem with ai gunners in way that they can track you instantly even in fast passes and get lucky hit, but most of time people are just using this problem as excuse when their bad attacks on enemy bombers get them kia. Its every time uber gunners thats problem for them and not their mistake in how they attack bombers, no helping them. And even when devs fix ai gunners, same people will still get shoot down by ai gunners same way, as they just attack bombers wrong way and use this ai gunner bug as excuse to not learn how to attack properly...

Edited by 77.CountZero

Those guys who constantly complain about the bomber gunners being snipers, should just for one single sortie switch sides on a mission with wind (!), fly a bomber themselves and let others attack them. If that doesn't change their mind, they should reboot their universe.

Hint: AI gunners indeed have a bug, in particular they miscalculate all their shots as soon as there's wind blowing sideways.

Oh and yes, I agree that the tracking abilities of AI gunners are questionable, but that's something you can compensate by choosing attack paths that (almost) don't expose you to any gunner's shooting window at all.

Because honestly, anyone who loves to live would do the same in real life anyway.

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror