Jason_Williams

American and British Voice "Actors" Needed ASAP!!

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

If there are any others out there in the works please let me know.

I'll be recording a British English submission as soon as time permits, but I'm mindful of the deadline you posted and will make every effort to get it done ASAP.

6 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

So far I've gotten two submissions. One American and one British. If there are any others out there in the works please let me know.

Jason

I should have mine finished (American) by the end of the week. 

6 hours ago, lord_certalic said:

I should have mine finished (American) by the end of the week. 

Sweet thanks!

Jason

On 1/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

So far I've gotten two submissions. One American and one British. If there are any others out there in the works please let me know.

Jason

It's possible I'll be able to make the recordings (British), but it's dependent on getting enough interrupted time in a quiet environment at my PC before the deadline. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:28 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Just British Gunner left to do.

How do I get them to you - Pilot zipped alone comes to 30+Mb at the requested settings.

von Tom

On the subject of gunners. I was working on them and when I read the line " I have a turret malfunction." It seemed very... odd, especially for an American.

I know we are to do it as it is, which is fine, but I feel like "My TURRETS JAMMED!" or "My damn turret is busted" seems to be more natural and in the moment. 

Also, I take it we don't need to do any mixing or balancing before we send them?

18 hours ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

On the subject of gunners. I was working on them and when I read the line " I have a turret malfunction." It seemed very... odd, especially for an American.

I know we are to do it as it is, which is fine, but I feel like "My TURRETS JAMMED!" or "My damn turret is busted" seems to be more natural and in the moment. 

Also, I take it we don't need to do any mixing or balancing before we send them?

You can say jammed. No mixing.

Jason

• Like 1

Hi Jason

Do you have enough British voices? I haven't volunteered as per your first post but I am volunteering a set of recordings in my English Worcestershire type accent. I have a set ready if you would like them.

Cheerzen

Sid

Sid,

Yep, I can use more voices both American and British. Please just follow the directions in the archive posted above. It's not hard.

Jason

On 1/22/2019 at 4:32 PM, SpocksOddSocks said:

It's possible I'll be able to make the recordings (British), but it's dependent on getting enough interrupted time in a quiet environment at my PC before the deadline. 

Quick update, I have completed most of it, just the gunner scripts to go. Hopefully, I should be able to get them to you by this time tomorrow.

I'll be recording for all the British lines. I'll send them in ASAP!  :P:salute:

I do know this is a little off-topic but do you plan on remaking German and Russian radio callouts?

Keep em coming guys. I have more British than American voices at the moment.

Jason

41 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Keep em coming guys. I have more British than American voices at the moment.

Jason

Do you still need more British voices? I will record a set tomorrow if so.

@Jason_Williams Do you have any use for a British voice with a mild Dutch accent on it? I'm told it isn't too strong, alternatively there were Dutch volunteers in the RAF too.

I have a lot of free time this week so if you want me to, I'm pretty sure I can do it before the deadline. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

P.S. I recorded lines for this mod too, my file is on the last page if you want to hear it (it never made it into the actual mod, as it's no longer being maintained).

Edited by WesleyWestland

Hey there

I'm a Switzerland based VA. I can do a neutral English pronounciation or a neutral American pronounciation. Accentwise, I can comfortably do Scottish and Northern Irish.

Hit me up if you're interested in my showreel.

As for equipment, I have an SE2200 condenser mic with a Focusrite Scarlett18i20 1st gen interface. I usually record using StudioOne Artist 3, but I'm sure I can work with your software as well.

@Jason_WilliamsI'll get my batch rattled off today and tomorrow if you're still after voices Jason. English in my case. Unless you've got enough?

Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker

My view is - just do it.

If it doesn't get used, it doesn't matter, but just do it then send it over.

:fly:

von Tom

Might be kinda late to this but, im Danish, im in my teens, and i do have a sort of a mix between a british/american accent, could send samples if needed though 😄

@Jason_Williams Hi Jason, I have almost finished the audio recordings (For British). I'll send you a google link, hopefully tomorrow if that is convenient? 

Edit: All done, I have sent you a PM with a download link.

Its weird listening to your own voice when recorded, I must say.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
See Edit

Ran through a set last night, sent a link in PM :)

Hard to resist the urge to channel the  40s lexicon.

Damn and blast it, Jerry's got me! It's no good old chap, my leg's stuck and I'm headed for the drink. Bad show. Kindly inform next of kin.

I am interested 34 yrs old with military experience. North east USA Accent with some variation of pronunciation.

47 minutes ago, [Pb]Boxcar said:

I am interested 34 yrs old with military experience. North east USA Accent with some variation of pronunciation.

Crack on son, no time for buggering about.

Thanks guys. I'm downloading all the latest ones sent in tonight. Please keep at it if  you're not done, just do them and submit. The more we have the better.

Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Thanks guys. I'm downloading all the latest ones sent in tonight. Please keep at it if  you're not done, just do them and submit. The more we have the better.

Jason

I should have mine finished by tomorrow!

Guys -  I have 9 British voices, that's great! But I only have 1 American set not including mine. I know of one other in the works. Are there any other American's recording? I need a half dozen more.

Jason

I'm still doing mine buddy. My Daughter B-Day party was this weekend. So, full house lots of noise.

I'm still working on mine, and I currently have the Gunner and Airfield sections completed (American).  I'm going to be working on it tomorrow, and hope to have it completed either by tomorrow or Wednesday.

6 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Great guys. Git-R-Done!

I've finished my recording and PM'ed you with the download link.

I hope you find it all to be in good order :salute: