Jason_Williams

American and British Voice "Actors" Needed ASAP!!

I'll put my name in the hat for this one. Mid 20's, Nor Cal born and raised. Would love to help. I've read lines for theatre production voice overs in the past.

I'm 22 from Great Yarmouth England, also done a lot of milsim in other games and decent bit of drama too. 

Would love to be a part of this :) 

@Jason_Williams asking on behalf of others (I don't have a mic otherwise I'd sign up) but would you consider Commonwealth voice actors? There were a metric ass ton of colonials in the 2nd TAF and in the RAF in general, even when one doesn't count the Article XV squadrons either.

• Upvote 2

Hey, I'm 28 and am from the States.  I don't have any real deep accent, aside from the bit I picked up living in Kentucky, but can easily do southern.  I've done some voice work on some indie games, and my voice is on the deeper scale as well.

The kicker is that I'll be out of the country the later half of this month, but I would have access to a proper studio after Nov. 1st, or I could do home recording.  I'd love to be a part of this, but would understand if the travel would be a problem.

Posted (edited)

Hello, US Midwest(Illinois) and southern (North Carolina). United States Marine Corps vet with combat coms experience and normal coms experience. Also several years worth of stage acting in local theater.

Edited by SCG_Marine
  • Upvote 1

If you want an American that sounds like  a 12 year old fighter jockey, I'm your guy!

• Upvote 2

Hi Jason, I've done this before with the old IL-2, I have a pro mic setup and I know my way around this stuff. I can do British accent and I can also do Italian (in case it's needed!).

German, and depending on my mood, I sound anything between a Texan farmer and a Brit.

Hello I'm from south US, but I don't have a much of an accent. I can do a bit of an English accent, but have a better American accent as it is my real voice. I'm 20 so I won't have to fake the age :D.

3 hours ago, OrLoK said:

UK English (well spoken oxfordshire accent. Here. am already in a radiomod for BoX. can send samples if needed.

You have excellent voice! Let's hope everybody hears it in Bodenplatte :)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Canadian here, ex-military, have a diploma in recording engineering and a home studio to get you a solid voice capture. Let me know what you need and I’ll get it done. Could do a US, British, or Canadian voice no problem. I’m 31 and sound a bit younger. 

Here’s a Dropbox link to a project I did back in college. (Complete audio overdub of a “The Pacific” trailer.) All voice acting is me except for the kid on the bike and the old man. All audio was recorded or created by me. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8xdwu9h1ofmemf/JaredWiesnerAudioPostTerm.mov?dl=0

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 2

American, (new yorker but unfortunately not the classic accent) 23. Only have a headset mic, but I think that might be workable. 

Hey there! I'm a Canadian lady that can do a variety of North American accents, as well as British. You can find me in the Redwall videogame on Steam (soon to be released on PS4 and Xbox). I have my own recording equipment and can get things recorded quickly.

These kinds of games are my favourite! I'm a base brat with Hercules flight engineers in the family. So you can say that it's in my blood ;)

To hear samples of some of my voices, you can find them on my demos here:

https://youtu.be/F2cxhdwkt8Y

https://youtu.be/v0VhqfhNYb0

• Upvote 1

Gambit has been using me for voice talent in his upcoming P-47 campaign. You can listen to me ramble on about the controls in the game and how to configure them here:

Hi, I think I fit the bill pretty well, I am 19 years old, from California and sound pretty American and I have a decent mic as well. I would love to help if you guys need me!

I am an Air Traffic Controller for the FAA, I would be willing to assist you with making a few recordings. I am 28, Mid-west American accent. Can provide live-atc clips upon request in a DM.

Australian here, early 20s.

Down here, they all say I have an English accent,

When I was in the UK, they said I sounded foreign but couldn't place me.

So go figure.

Posted (edited)

greetings,

I'm American(24) and I can do a few different accents from the states. I am originally from the south with a bit of a higher voice however I do not have much of a southern accent anymore. I am also an english teacher if that means anything. please feel free to contact me and I will give you my online business email.

I have videos of me streaming IL2 on my twitch at www.twitch.tv/haunterhero

Edited by HaunterHero

Posted (edited)

I'm interested in taking part - 20 y/o Brit from West London with a good mic, pop filter and familiar with Audacity.

Edited by Limeball

Native British English speaker here. No regional accent: I speak neutral RP. Early 30s. Would love to help out! 

Posted (edited)

I'm interested! I'm 18 years old and Swedish, but my English skills have been well-received with Americans and Englishmen alike. My voice is pretty dark and solid. Having played theater in the past I'm used to faking accents, both in Swedish and in English. I could do any American accent, especially a Southerner/Texan one. English ones are a bit more difficult but I could give it a shot. Improvising is a bit difficult but I can look at the script and you can tell what accents I do most convincingly. 😄

Edited by J2_Andrew

Posted (edited)

Oxford graduate, used to fly in RAF reserves as officer cadet. Can also do Monty Python voices.

Edited by EAF19_Marsh
  • Like 1

If you're looking for a regional accent I can give you a pure British Welsh Valleys. I've a good recording setup for my music production and have been raised up by ex-RAF during the war. The mannerisms have rubbed off on me a bit. 

Besides that, I'd love to help with this if it's what you're looking for.

I can assist with a Scottish accent, well spoken Glaswegian, not in the age group your looking for, though probably better for ground control.

17 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Englishman here, London born. it seems that nearly all of the recordings of pilots from WWII RAF that I've heard speak with *pronounced" accents there are of course exceptions, but even commonwealth pilots and crew seemed to be extremely well spoken.

You can't find a better British voice that Custard's here, Jason. Would be a shame not to use it! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Early 20s hailing from wisconsin, would love to help.  Having access to my brothers recording studio cant hurt either.

Edited by Joeasyrida

I've got a nice strong Australian accent if you are after some Commonwealth voices! Also have a condenser mic setup, and military comms experience from my time in the RAAF.

Guys,

A tremendous response. Let me go through all the postings and post our next steps. Before we record we need to nail down he callsigns etc. I’ll make a separate post about that so hang tight.

Jason

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Hi there. I’m 20 years old, from the Netherlands but live in England. I’ve been told that I don’t have a very strong Dutch accent, but then again there were Dutch volunteers in the RAF if you’d like one of those. :)

Edited by WesleyWestland

I am a teen from South West London. I think I have an accent, but I can't really tell it. Some of the people I play with thought I was from the US, but then again they were terrible at guessing anyone's accent. ;)