hrafnkolbrandr

Flying Circus Giveaway Event **RESULTS**

Posted (edited)

First I'd like to thank everyone who came out.  I really appreciate the opportunity to come together and have a fun time in the skies.  You guys hung in there, even in the face of a bit of lag, we endured one short-lived troll, and still lots of tracers flew and lots of canvas ripped.  To come to the point however, the winners were as follows:

The pilot flying under the moniker of Ben_Dover took the top spot, accumulating a streak of (at least!) 12 kills.  He also took the title for best streak ended, at 4 (Cacodaemon).  He graciously ceded his prize, which went to 2nd place, Cacodaemon.

As pilots could only take the title in one category, NFF_Blaster took the title for best streak ended, at 2.  This was a tie position with BoxFlier; with Blaster winning the tiebreaker by virtue of not dying in the attempt.  Blaster was kind enough to donate his prize, which fell to Boxflier.

In our AI category, our balloon ace paseo took the top spot, eliminating 13 AI targets.  Nobody was even close!

The prize donated by Plank went to James185, who scored the victory of the day, when he downed Ben_Dover.  Ben survived the wreck!

All taken, we had 17 pilots arrive and declare their intention to compete.  On top of that, we had a large number of others show up and add to what was already a target-rich environment.  To those who competed (and those who didn't, but showed up to have fun anyways), I thank you again.

The Competitors:

Kzaf

Spyboy

Plank

Paseo

Blaster

Raker

Cacodaemon

James185

Zooropa_Fly

Joker

Boxflier

Ben_Dover

Todt_von_Oben

Flying Monkey

JRev

Boilerplate

MeowScharfi

Hopefully I didn't miss any.

Also:   If anyone knows how to get ahold of Cacodaemon, please have him PM me.  Thank you.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 8

Cheers dude, will do my best to make it although I don't want to win a copy. Like that's gonna happen anyway 🤔

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Thor!

4 hours ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

October 13, at 11:00am Pacific Standard Tim

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20181013T180000&p1=tz_pt

Enter your own time zone in the bottom field and viola!

( click on the blue box where it says "add another city or time zone..." )

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank
I like Triffids...
  • Upvote 1

I can be there for this.  I will be a great target for many a pilot.  Any excuse to hop in to RoF MP with a good amount of people works for me!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TotalFreakUK said:

Cheers dude, will do my best to make it although I don't want to win a copy. Like that's gonna happen anyway 🤔

Well if you somehow do, you can always gift it to another. :)

Haven't played ROF in a while, sounds like a really fun event. I can't imagine i'll win but still thanks for the opportunity to enter this!

I'm from Centrals video BTW.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I'll be there! Solely for the amount of people that'll be there, haha. I should practice again though. Great initiative! 😃

3 hours ago, Klugermann said:

Who is Central ?

I was referring to the youtube channel of I Fly Central, he recently made a video regarding this competition. 

Posted (edited)

They are referencing this video :)

Also... happy to share this contest on Stormbirds. I'm putting together a post now!

EDIT: Here we go: https://stormbirds.blog/2018/10/08/flying-circus-vol-1-giveaway-event/

If anything changes, give me a shout or tag me in the thread and I'll update the post. I certainly don't need to win a copy but if I'm around I'll happily join in!

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I'm still in.Lets do this.

Edited by Plank

Posted (edited)

< Plank removed some posts so I removed my response. >

Looking forward to the event on Saturday hrafnkolbrandr. Thanks!

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM

Posted (edited)

History erase button... just like Ren and Stimpy.

I said I would put in a copy of FC to add to the prize pool and will keep my word. : - )

You never know I might win it back... stranger things have happened.

S! P.

Edited by Plank

Posted (edited)

I asked Central to promote the event on his channel, as I have been a viewer, and have learned an awful lot from watching his vids.  He did it as a favor to me and the community, and I am grateful for it.

If you would like to add an additional copy of FC to the pot, I will not object; but only if you want to, and not to prove some kind of point.

Now please, any grievances there may be, let's just set them aside and keep this positive.  :)

Thank you.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, Plank said:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20181013T180000&p1=tz_pt

Enter your own time zone in the bottom field and viola!

( click on the blue box where it says "add another city or time zone..." )

7:00 AM Sunday... Yes, its worth it. Gonna be a big change from the usual holidays 10:30 am wake up schedule.

8 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

They are referencing this video :)

Also... happy to share this contest on Stormbirds. I'm putting together a post now!

EDIT: Here we go: https://stormbirds.blog/2018/10/08/flying-circus-vol-1-giveaway-event/

If anything changes, give me a shout or tag me in the thread and I'll update the post. I certainly don't need to win a copy but if I'm around I'll happily join in!

Yes, the more people we can get the better! Might be the most amount of people on RoF I've ever played with :)

Thanks again Thor for this awesome event!

It really wasn't long ago at all when you started this milestone. Good job with the kill streak mate. Keep it up!

Salute!
Stumble.

• Upvote 1

Hello.

I have a copy of FC to gift to a pilot at Thors event.

Thor asked what it should be awarded for...  and I had not really thought that part out.

Sportsmanship, good decorum and general all round best behaviour award?

Acts of valour? Courage or chivalry ?

an underdog who keeps trying and is good natured?

Something in this areas I suspect, we will see.  : - )

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank
  • Like 1

Update:  Event has been moved to NFF2, as I am told by the server admins that this is the better of the two servers.  They have graciously agreed to host the map of my choice, and without much of the AI present on other maps, the server should run pretty well.  :) Thank you NFF guys!

• Thanks 1

Hey how about a poster?

With the date in bold? ( unlike the Camel IAS gauge...)

We love that kind of thing,!!! J9_Austin could do a chap in make up like he used to....well maybe lady dressed up as a man.

No.... a fast car? How about a really really great picture of a plane on fire... plunging to it's doom?

Well dressed young pilots smoking ciggies leaning against their crates??? A dog in a plane? Tracers streaking across the sky?

Verdun in the summer with flowers and planes lined up in rows? Swooping birds? A lone plane on patrol?

Graceful ladies smiling for the camera while trying out the cockpits of the latest two seater???

Heck, then you will have to name it too...

"The hrafnkolbrandr  flying competition" .... HFC .. which is a bit like RFC...  just an idea!

ok I will shut up now...

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank

1 hour ago, Klugermann said:

I will award a copy of FC to whoever kills Plank the most!

That is pretty decent of you!

Good man!

Salute!

Planky.

• Haha 3

On 10/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, hrafnkolbrandr said:

Rules are simple: The event will run for 90-120 minutes (haven't decided yet). The pilot who accumulates the highest kill streak in that time, The pilot who *ends* the highest kill streak in that time (no ramming), and the pilot who kills the most AI in that time; will each win a copy of Flying Circus

Could you clarify how you propose to log and validate those statistics?

4 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Could you clarify how you propose to log and validate those statistics?

The old fashioned way, spectating with a pad and pencil.  Except the AI, which the stats display shows separately anyways.

54 minutes ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

The old fashioned way, spectating with a pad and pencil.  Except the AI, which the stats display shows separately anyways.

In that case nothing can possibly go wrong...

make sure the pencil touches the pad and records what your eyeballs see.

should be good! :salute:

After 30+ years of widespread computer use, we should all be aware that :- pencil and paper works much better.

It's on now.

It's on now.

It's on now.

It's on now.

It's on now.

It's on now.   !!!!!

Salute!

Planky.

Aaarrrrggghhhh!! 

Accidently over slept :(

I guess getting up at 7:30 during the holidays is a bit ambitios! 

How many people ended up joining u guys? 

And who won?

s!

Good show everyone! Glad to see that many people on RoF at once - It's been a while since I've seen it like that! Sans all the vertex buffer errors and crashes;.. 'twas just like the good ol' days! 

Thanks to all who popped in and shared the skies! :D

I just paid a quick surprise-drop by.. but unfortunately the action-type server is not really the suitable environment for long bomber sortie lovers. So it was just a short greeting to celebrate old times..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Monostripezebra said:

I just paid a quick surprise-drop by.. but unfortunately the action-type server is not really the suitable environment for long bomber sortie lovers. So it was just a short greeting to celebrate old times..

Bombs away! So boring Zebra. I was expecting you to land that big kite on an aerostat!   :biggrin:

9 hours ago, JimTM said:

Bombs away! So boring Zebra. I was expecting you to land that big kite on an aerostat!   :biggrin:

Well, it´s i am out of training.. tried it last week but it ended deadly:

and we had some fun trying to bring floatplanes home

Happy Landings to all of you RoF-ers and possibly soon Flying Circus Men, Women and Animals!

Edited by Monostripezebra
  • Like 1

Hi all

I want to show my gratitude to Thorrahrafn (hrafnkolbrandr) by the organizated event, really a distinctive point in simulation.

We joined a lot of pilots, with intense fights, to the point a bit of lag appeared.

I saw my oportunity with the AI, as there was a lot of good pilots, and focused on balloons and drones.

Of course I got some kills of real pilots but there was thruly aces like Ben Dover who left few options to the rest of mortals

All in all, we got 90 minutes of very intense dogfight, people fighting for the longest streak, avoiding to die, in spite of bombs over airfield, not an easy tasks.

Well, I got some nervous and sudoration, if you get for real, the exciting is measured in tons

Again my total gratitude to Thorrahrafn and the comunity for the event

Edited by passao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1