Sign in to follow this  
ZG15_dasSofa

update 3.006 - freezes from explosions

2 of my geschwader m8`s gets 1-3 second freezes when a ship blows up and they see the explosions. this happends every time. i dont know its the same with tank and other explosions.

one of the righ is a

i7 - 8700k

nvidia 1080 - 8g

16g ddr4 ram

My game also started running so extremely slow (like 20-30 seconds to render one frame) it is essentially like freezing. It started happening only after recent update: I am flying just fine (around 40/60 fps) and then it happens forcing me to restart the computer.

It seems this happens when lots of sounds and graphics are loaded/activated (ie. firing at a train with all of HS129 weapons). BTW: I didn't have recording turned on and I was playing quick ground-attack mission on Kuban harbour.

I experienced the same issue and I updated graphics drivers yesterday.  It seemed to work fine until I rammed a Heinkel with pyrotechnics everywhere then the game crashed.  I have a Geforce GT 660

Edited by Firestorm07

I had the same issue, lowering from "Ultra" to "High" graphic preset seems to have cured it so far.

The issue is still there even with updated drivers, my screen just froze again when I opened-up with all my weapons on a train. Therefore for me update 3.006 is a major fail because I never had those game-breaking problems before.

I've reported this issue too.  The game is unplayable at the moment since the latest update.  

While I have not experienced ongoing game freeze problems I have encounter several game freezes with 'Object Unidentified' reported. This may be a completely different situation. 🙁

I was still getting intermittent freezing whenever there was a big explosion even after turning down the graphics.

However I did a complete reinstall of the game and that seems to have fixed the problem.

It appears updating to latest Nvidia drivers have fixed it for me. In the update screen I selected "Advanced", then "Clean Installation" and unchecked all the options except the driver itself. I suspect unchecking "HD sound driver" fixed the root-cause of the freezes (which was conflict with my "regular sound driver"), and BTW why the heck do I even need a sound driver from Nvidia ?

UPDATE: It started again happening for me after a few days.

Edited by WheelwrightPL
Update