London Calling...

Greetings UK! - Next week I'm going, on my 1st ever trip to London (very excited), I'm staying in Kensington and it looks like the RAF Museum is about 6 or 7 miles North of me. I can't tell if there is a train station near there from looking at Google Map, but I assume a bus or train from Kensington to Hendon is doable? Any advice /help would be greatly appreciated...:salute: 

Oh - I can tell - it looks like you could stay there a month - hit a different museum every day and not see them all - I think the Natural History museum is like 3 blocks from where I'm staying...😎

@unreasonable - thanks very much for the link - that should do it - also, the HMS Belfast is on the river nearby?

S!

Just was in Britain last weekend. Easiest way to move is via Underground. If going to Hendon use Northern line and do not step out at Hendon Central but Colinsdale, next station after. From there a few minutes walk to the museum. Well shown with signs and posters. If going to Duxford we used a train from King´s Cross St. Pancras. Took the fast train to Ely, left at Cambridge. From there not far to Duxford. Worth visiting!

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind is to get on the Northern Line train to Edgeware, there are two branches of the Northern line. So, Colindale is on the Edgeware branch. I've been to Hendon twice, but have yet to see Duxford..some time I will. Last year, at Hendon,  I managed to  see a flypast of a Spit and a Hurricane:

https://www.times-series.co.uk/news/15541847.Historic_fighter_planes_fly_over_museum_to_commemorate_famous_military_campaign/

• Like 1