"BERLOGA Duel & Dogfight" server

20 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

How are the spawns unbalanced exactly?    Each side gets unlimited numbers of planes to choose from.  The air spawns are reasonably far apart.  It's a practice server, not a competitive one also.  Pick the plane you want to work on gaining more skill at and have at it.  

That's fair enough, I suppose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, which country are you from? I wish there were more people playing this game in USA!  I live in California and I have to play this server Sunday morning Pacific Time (Sunday evening in Europe?) to have enough player in this server!  I wish I can play it in the evenings Pacific Time when I have more free time!  

I always play Germany in a 190-A3 with VR headset.  I always play until I get about 25 kills Sunday morning (takes about 1 hour). The Allied pilots are the best when I play Sunday morning (I guess they are from Russia?) On the other hand,  Allied pilots when I play in the evenings Pacific Time (I guess they are from USA?) tend to fly USA planes like P51 and they are not as good opponent (I fly 190 Dora then). 

I am an actual general aviation pilot (private, instrument rated, tailwheel endorsement, about 500 hours) I fly a Mooney that I own.  How many of you are pilots in real life?  So many of you are such a good pilots in this game!  Once I was in turning fight with a Yak-1 and we flew about 30 steep turns until both of our engine burned out. You have to keep it so coordinated to do this! 

Edited by zhihengcao

Similar experience for me  in California .  I'm retired and can fly any time.  I get my best scores in the evening. For example racking up 10 kills in 40 minutes flying P-38 !!!. Flying against East Coast or Europeans.... that's a whole different situation.  Too bad Berloga map is so bleak. 

On 3/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, zhihengcao said:

Hi everyone, which country are you from? I wish there were more people playing this game in USA!  I live in California and I have to play this server Sunday morning Pacific Time (Sunday evening in Europe?) to have enough player in this server!  I wish I can play it in the evenings Pacific Time when I have more free time!  

I always play Germany in a 190-A3 with VR headset.  I always play until I get about 25 kills Sunday morning (takes about 1 hour). The Allied pilots are the best when I play Sunday morning (I guess they are from Russia?) On the other hand,  Allied pilots when I play in the evenings Pacific Time (I guess they are from USA?) tend to fly USA planes like P51 and they are not as good opponent (I fly 190 Dora then). 

I am an actual general aviation pilot (private, instrument rated, tailwheel endorsement, about 500 hours) I fly a Mooney that I own.  How many of you are pilots in real life?  So many of you are such a good pilots in this game!  Once I was in turning fight with a Yak-1 and we flew about 30 steep turns until both of our engine burned out. You have to keep it so coordinated to do this! 

PST time live in Seattle, I also see a big difference between the quality of pilots at different times, also fly in VR mostly Germans 190 A3 or 109 F4

Do you have Discord? 

Also fly a Cessna 182 and a CJ6 Nanchang, love Mooneys , just posted a video in the free subject section.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, SCG_motoadve said:

PST time live in Seattle, I also see a big difference between the quality of pilots at different times, also fly in VR mostly Germans 190 A3 or 109 F4

Do you have Discord? 

Also fly a Cessna 182 and a CJ6 Nanchang, love Mooneys , just posted a video in the free subject section.

Thanks guys I am glad to hear from you. 

This server is so great for people with limit amount of time to spend on video games (vs. servers like Wing of Liberty).  Really shame the map/scenery is fixed! Server admin should introduce at least more clouds and variation in weather (e.g. sunset/winter).  For what I experience the FPS drop in multiplayer of this game in general is not due to map complexity, it is due to network latency. I am using a very beefy machine (Ryzen9 3900 + RTX2080Ti) and I have no fps issue when number of player < 20 but very noticeable fps issue (feels like fps ~ 15) when number player > 40 and there are more than ~10 planes in view at the same time.  The server admin should listen to people and introduce map rotation. 

> CJ6 Nanchang: Looks so fun! how much do you have to spend on purchase and maintenance?  

2 minutes ago, zhihengcao said:

CJ6 Nanchang: Looks so fun! how much do you have to spend on purchase and maintenance?  

Surprisingly cheap to buy and maintain 75K to buy, burns 16GPH at cruise (140KTS) and 20GPH during aerobatics.

Agree , the scenery of Berloga gets boring.Have you tried Combat Box training server? its kind of Berloga in Rhineland map, even clouds I believe, very fun.

3 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

Surprisingly cheap to buy and maintain 75K to buy, burns 16GPH at cruise (140KTS) and 20GPH during aerobatics.

Agree , the scenery of Berloga gets boring.Have you tried Combat Box training server? its kind of Berloga in Rhineland map, even clouds I believe, very fun.

Checked controller.com 75k is for 3~4000 hour 50 years old ones? How about ones in the condition like yours in the video?  How much does engine overhaul of rare 9 cylinder radial cost? How much does annual cost? Are parts cheap/available?  Did not know warbirds like that is cheaper than a cloth body Super Cub? 

1 minute ago, zhihengcao said:

Checked controller.com 75k is for 3~4000 hour 50 years old ones? How about ones in the condition like yours in the video?  How much does engine overhaul of rare 9 cylinder radial cost? How much does annual cost? Are parts cheap/available?  Did not know warbirds like that is cheaper than a cloth body Super Cub? 

Best bang for the buck, and extremely well built.

Mine is one of those, a 1972 fully restored I paid 75K in 2018

Overhaul of the motor around 20K

Annual $1,500 to $2,000

Parts available and cost a fraction of parts for certified airplanes.

When flying it just feels like a WWII Russian plane.

2 hours ago, SDV_Fin*19_ said:

Sorry. There were complaints about you

Well this video show a I16 in good hands can still kill a Tempest, and?

More seriously (as you seems to want to make this discussion in a public area), I've been salty with @Krupinskii few weeks ago for no reasons (ok, because he's damn good) and did this useless and dumb thing (interfere in his duel). 

I gave him my apologies, we talked a little bit. This story is over (for us, I mean). 

As the ban started a long time (at least one month) after this happened, I didnt guess the reason of those 15min bans falling on me randomly.

That's for the facts. 

How long this ban will last? Just to know ;)

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

for all waiting as me for BERLOGA to reopen...

pls give "Berloga training " a try..

almost the same as original , just only "moved" to high mountains...

you.ll meet AI (good for training) till more real ones join...

;)  :)

Dogfight1.jpg

Dogfight2.jpg

Dogfight3.jpg

On 5/20/2020 at 4:28 AM, SPEEDWULF77 said:

(for the "hope" to have more players ...)

..."training"..... ;

...if someone has interest.... 

..and to be clear;   this goes for flying blue as for red (allthoug i usssually fly only bf 109 i respect all Pilots and love ALL "Machines" !!);) 

I found out 3+2 main things " how to fly , aim, shoot"  that really improved my skill ( this 3 main i specially follow,remember in my head, when i havent played for longer time..)

i am shure this is allmost the same no matter what plane you fly 

Regurlarly 40- 50 kills in one round (1h20min)  (best score 62)

I know "practise" is the main  and i am shure everyone has its own way to fly , aim and shoot and beeing good in Berloga doesn´t automatically mean to be good in other servers where other skills, tactics and so on are even more requiered but can be usefull once you join other servers when you are a "killer" in berloga ..

;) :)

so

i you are interested how i do it , in chat i would tell, so please let me know when(my prfered time 5pm to 8 pm european time) and lets join " Berloga  training"  

AGAIN    RED or BLUE ;) !!!

...p.s   i only speak spanish, english, german..

I played on your server. It's definitely a beautiful place for sure!

But there's a lot of factors that take away from the df experience that is Berloga.

1) turn off the clouds. They are a resource hog and generally can look pretty crappy depending on the user's configuration. And they are extremely distracting

2) set the sun to high Noon, i.e. 12 o'clock.

Unless you meant the above 2 items for real.

Berloga is/was about pure DF and nothing else. No distractions, no scenery. Just pure dog fight. :)

6 minutes ago, Y-29.Silky said:

So does that mean he has to re-write the scripts? I find it hard to imagine no one wanting to donate funds.

On the Russian thread there is a recommended post from 2018 saying there is a donation button on the il2-berlog.ru page. Obviously not accessible now. And I think there are server messages telling you you can donate. As to how many people do, well, who knows? 

As to the scripts...one hopes that a copy is kept locally and it just needs to be reinstalled. 

2 hours ago, Y-29.Silky said:

So does that mean he has to re-write the scripts? I find it hard to imagine no one wanting to donate funds.

Dont know, was suprise to me i just tought they have some technical problems didnt expect fonds run dry on most popular server, i guess ppl just expected its always there and didnt donate mutch.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:27 PM, Count_de_Money said:

I played on your server. It's definitely a beautiful place for sure!

But there's a lot of factors that take away from the df experience that is Berloga.

1) turn off the clouds. They are a resource hog and generally can look pretty crappy depending on the user's configuration. And they are extremely distracting

2) set the sun to high Noon, i.e. 12 o'clock.

Unless you meant the above 2 items for real.

Berloga is/was about pure DF and nothing else. No distractions, no scenery. Just pure dog fight.

I explicit want to mention here:

I dont want/ my intention was never/ is not  to replace " BERLOGA Duell Dogfight Server" in any way !!  

Its my favourite server since years too!  ( I play it evry evening 90 min since years . like i take my daily lunch)

I just want/ed to offer an alternative as i,ve said, " for all waiting as me for BERLOGA to reopen..." ( also to mention : i cant run it 24/7)

In a message i,ve told this too to one of your admins...

Didn´t know that because of missing donations , the  server has been shot down, i personally do not  have any problem to donate , if this is an issue , i `ll do.( as i ve done this before in other servers like TAW ,contributing  ...)

I will run it (some ours a day) and  of course remove it in this appearance once " BERLOGA Duel & Dogfight Server" is online again.

its all done with "good intenton" ,allthough i wanted to show and fly in "absolute awesome from Devs developed Places" where ussually no  Combat is ever held

• Upvote 4

I see your intentions, mate, no problem. Although BERLOGA was the DF place to be, it is always nice to have an alternative.

Just one notice:

Yesterday, I had no chance to start from the red side's spawning point in the south (the one further to the right). When I click

on start, I hear my plane's crashing even before I'm in the cockpit and finally when I'm in the game I see my crashed plane
somewhere in the woods- it seems that the spawning point here has not the correct altitude, because you crash immediately

into the hills. Can you have a look?

Thank you.

Cheers

2 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

I see your intentions, mate, no problem. Although BERLOGA was the DF place to be, it is always nice to have an alternative.

Just one notice:

Yesterday, I had no chance to start from the red side's spawning point in the south (the one further to the right). When I click

on start, I hear my plane's crashing even before I'm in the cockpit and finally when I'm in the game I see my crashed plane
somewhere in the woods- it seems that the spawning point here has not the correct altitude, because you crash immediately

into the hills. Can you have a look?

Thank you.

Cheers

i think could fix that.. and two late planes there....but blue on the right spawn point still has an issue i have to check

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:28 PM, RedKestrel said:

Last couple days I see the server is empty and I am unable to join. Is there ongoing problems?

Anyone else having this issue, or has it been corrected? Or am I banned for unspecified dogfighting crimes?