"BERLOGA Duel & Dogfight" server

15 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

Please change the rules, many guys disconnect when they loose the advantage and you get on their 6.

If they do it more than once put a time penalty or something.

Its very annoying to try to fly against that kind of people.

You are right.

This happened also to me, but I never record my flight so no possiblity to remember them..

It's also true that Berloga is not a server in wich you have the whole flight (take off, fly, land)... So, sometimes me also disconnect without checking if there is somebody at my six...

So, I cannot be sure they do that because they don't want to be shot down or for other reason...

Edited by ITAF_Airone1989
  • 2 weeks later...

I just discovered Berloga and have a couple of questions.

First situation- I see friendly Fw-190 chasing a Yak. After about 20 seconds I see a Rata approaching the 190. I pull down behind the Rata and get a couple of hits and he breaks off. Was I breaking server rule to not interfere with duel or simply starting duel with the Rata?

Related question . Can I team up with a non-engaged friendly and patrol together?

3 hours ago, Sheriff88 said:

Was I breaking server rule to not interfere with duel or simply starting duel with the Rata?

Probably not. Take care to stay in your starting zone, and do not go far far away, so you will not interfere with duelist and another zone.

And in war "steal kill" does not exist, so feel free to interfere fights (in your zone ofc).

Berloga is fast server, it is more first person shooter, like call of duty in air :) I was using Berloga to learn some dogfight, as there you can try your moves fast, over and over. I still go there, when I do not have much time to feed my sim addiction ;)

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

Probably not. Take care to stay in your starting zone, and do not go far far away, so you will not interfere with duelist and another zone.

And in war "steal kill" does not exist, so feel free to interfere fights (in your zone ofc).

Berloga is fast server, it is more first person shooter, like call of duty in air :) I was using Berloga to learn some dogfight, as there you can try your moves fast, over and over. I still go there, when I do not have much time to feed my sim addiction ;)

Thanks for your quick response Joe.

I use to be a pilot in a bf109 G6 skin = Stamp , in Dogfight east 

But yesterday for fun I tried  spitfire with skin = nightfighter 

So I could have been me .....

And yes , the skin is official so you can use it and all can see it 

If you have an unofficial and use it , only ppl who have it downloaded can see it 

3 hours ago, Niiranen-VR said:

I use to be a pilot in a bf109 G6 skin = Stamp , in Dogfight east 

But yesterday for fun I tried  spitfire with skin = nightfighter 

So I could have been me .....

And yes , the skin is official so you can use it and all can see it 

If you have an unofficial and use it , only ppl who have it downloaded can see it 

👍

Been on Berloga for 10 days now. Really like it except for map. But then again the bleak terrain does makes aircraft more visible.

Have two questions :

1.Is there any place that describes the scoring system?

2.I managed to actually land on open terrain a couple of times but are there  actual airfields to land on in emergencies. I've see what looks like unapproved strips out there like one shown below. Are they usable.?

belogafield.jpg

Edited by Sheriff88
Misspelling

On Berloga Dogfight Server Last night about 7:20 (PST) . My first time flying the A-8 on-line. P-51 Comes back to engage me after I blew off one of his flaps. We blast along on Emergency power settings until his engine finally gives out . I would have been long gone if he had a cannon. I survived thanks to radial engine and best jinking I've ever done. Whew!! A tip of my hat to pilot flying " Lollipoop".

Video Here

How I looked after landing;

shot.jpg

Edited by Sheriff88
  • Like 1

I get "kicked"  aka "banned" randomly for 15minutes lately (happened 3-4 times the last few days - never before)..    why?..   ??  I have a clean INSTALL.

PS: i deleted "Update Folder" and ran the files integrity test with the launcher.. still same problem ?? :(

Edited by A_S
19 hours ago, Sheriff88 said:

P-51 Comes back to engage me after I blew off one of his flaps. We blast along on Emergency power settings until his engine finally gives out . I would have been long gone if he had a cannon.

It looked as though you were inviting him to kill you.

22 часа назад, A_S сказал:

I get "kicked"  aka "banned" randomly for 15minutes lately (happened 3-4 times the last few days - never before)..    why?..   ??  I have a clean INSTALL.

PS: i deleted "Update Folder" and ran the files integrity test with the launcher.. still same problem ?? :(

You have violated server rules (teamkill). There were complaints about you. 

https://imgur.com/a/CDbGK5P

https://imgur.com/jmk43kn

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, Sheriff88 said:

Been on Berloga for 10 days now. 

Have two questions :

1.Is there any place that describes the scoring system?

2.I managed to actually land on open terrain a couple of times but are there  actual airfields to land on in emergencies. I've see what looks like unapproved strips out there like one shown below. Are they usable.?

belogafield.jpg

Still have question regarding landing fields. Are they usable? Several times I’ve expended ammunition or run low on fuel and have to land on what looks like flat terrain or just ditch. If I select “End Mission “ it appears that I incur some point reduction.

5 hours ago, Sheriff88 said:

Still have question regarding landing fields. Are they usable? Several times I’ve expended ammunition or run low on fuel and have to land on what looks like flat terrain or just ditch. If I select “End Mission “ it appears that I incur some point reduction.

You can land on them and then get the 'landed' status. I have done it before. I don't recall if it boosted score or not, not that it is recorded anywhere.

Today something never experienced before took place at BERLOGA.

In one of the combat sessions I hit F8 to track the closest enemy, and while I kept following something, nothing was seen , although from time to time the padlock view behaved as something had just passed near me.

This invisibility experience came with some cockpit shaking - all very strange ( ? ) 

Any plausible explanation ?

On 3/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, jcomm-il2 said:

Today something never experienced before took place at BERLOGA.

In one of the combat sessions I hit F8 to track the closest enemy, and while I kept following something, nothing was seen , although from time to time the padlock view behaved as something had just passed near me.

This invisibility experience came with some cockpit shaking - all very strange ( ? ) 

Any plausible explanation ?

Did alternate spotting get disabled?  I just spent a bit flying around and couldn't find anyone - just occasionally getting shot in the back by unseen enemies.

Do people use the padlock options in this server?? 

oh my 🤣

Great fun in here, stats are a bit annoying and not a true reflection of skill..

plenty of pilots exiting mission once taken hits so thy do not have a death recorded against them..

cracks me up when you see 20/30 kills with only 1 death..... Yea sure

Edited by JaMz_SoLo
7 hours ago, JaMz_SoLo said:

Do people use the padlock options in this server?? 

oh my 🤣

Great fun in here, stats are a bit annoying and not a true reflection of skill..

plenty of pilots exiting mission once taken hits so thy do not have a death recorded against them..

cracks me up when you see 20/30 kills with only 1 death..... Yea sure

Yes you can use external views and padlock. This makes server more approachable for players without VR or Head Tracker. Somewhat true  what you say about scores even though you can report such behavior to moderators. Let them have their fantasy. Just get better and nail them with high side deflection shot. A player who is 'killed" can't select "End Mission  " .

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sheriff88 said:

Yes you can use external views and padlock. This makes server more approachable for players without VR or Head Tracker. Somewhat true  what you say about scores even though you can report such behavior to moderators. Let them have their fantasy. Just get better and nail them with high side deflection shot. A player who is 'killed" can't select "End Mission  " .

Does it?

I remember the days before TiR and id much prefer flying on the servers without external views..

I asked, as I fly there often and didn't realize some could be using them that's all.

I've come to the conclusion the Western Airspawns feel rather unbalanced. Allies take up legions of Tempest/P-51/Spit which generally feel superior to the selection of German aircraft. I actually started out a few days ago flying the 51 but have since switched to German because it feels unfair. Germans, in turn, feel outmatched and flock to the 262, which is equally unfun. Not sure what to do about this.

4 minutes ago, Schwieger said:

I've come to the conclusion the Western Airspawns feel rather unbalanced. Allies take up legions of Tempest/P-51/Spit which generally feel superior to the selection of German aircraft. I actually started out a few days ago flying the 51 but have since switched to German because it feels unfair. Germans, in turn, feel outmatched and flock to the 262, which is equally unfun. Not sure what to do about this.

The only thing Berloga does is give the fighter planes that are available in-game and try to group them by the time period they were most prevalent in.  

The Devs try to build each plane as accurately to history as possible, so "plane X is OP, plz nerf" doesn't apply to IL-2 as it might in War Thunder.

As far as history goes...  History doesn't care if it "feels" unfair.

Besides, the counterpart German aircraft are by no means push-overs.  Perhaps you need more single player practice.   

45 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

The only thing Berloga does is give the fighter planes that are available in-game and try to group them by the time period they were most prevalent in.  

The Devs try to build each plane as accurately to history as possible, so "plane X is OP, plz nerf" doesn't apply to IL-2 as it might in War Thunder.

As far as history goes...  History doesn't care if it "feels" unfair.

Besides, the counterpart German aircraft are by no means push-overs.  Perhaps you need more single player practice.   

I specifically stated that the spawns feel unbalanced, not the aircraft. The distinction here is fairly relevant - it's not an observation on whether or not the aircraft are OP or require nerfs. I think the map and flow of battle could use a thorough review. 

Granted, I did state that I'm of the opinion the Allied planes feel generally superior. This opinion isn't actually from flying against them. As I alluded to in my initial comment, I pretty much feel untouchable in the P-51, which is a general feeling I don't think that I should have, and same is true of the Tempest. Disclaimer here is that I'm not actually a Luftwaffe pilot - most of my modern IL-2 experience, since 46 (I've flown since the original), has been in P-51/47 and the naval birds.

Now, I can't really speak for War Thunder, but classic IL-2 servers tended to get around the various discrepancies in performance based on map design/aircraft placement (this is why objective-centric maps tend to not feel as unbalanced), which is why I think things should be reviewed here as well. 

Edited by Schwieger

How are the spawns unbalanced exactly?    Each side gets unlimited numbers of planes to choose from.  The air spawns are reasonably far apart.  It's a practice server, not a competitive one also.  Pick the plane you want to work on gaining more skill at and have at it.  

• Like 1