Jump to content
SDV_Fin*19_

"BERLOGA Duel & Dogfight" server

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Camels don't spawn in the air.

Really (did you make mission and was unable to spawn Camel midair)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Really (did you make mission and was unable to spawn Camel midair)?

Should have been more clear; spawn in belroga in a camel and it isn't an airstart when it should be.  Not saying it is a game bug, but a mission maker error.

Edited by Garven_Dreis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Should have been more clear; spawn in belroga in a camel and it isn't an airstart when it should be.

Yes, that why I' asking for new duel zone for FC planes ;)

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's be nice to have an high altitude spawn option for some of the new aircraft like the K4 or P-47.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 9:06 AM, Garven_Dreis said:

Should have been more clear; spawn in belroga in a camel and it isn't an airstart when it should be.  Not saying it is a game bug, but a mission maker error.

At least there is no tree in front of the aircraft. Or the spawn point in a lake.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Flying Circus planes please make it air start and 30% fuel locked. 

It would be great that way. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterZvan said:

For Flying Circus planes please make it air start and 30% fuel locked. 

It would be great that way. 

 

 

1+

 

But thanks anyway for adding a separate FC dog fight zone 😉

Edited by West

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PeterZvan said:

For Flying Circus planes please make it air start and 30% fuel locked. 

It would be great that way. 

 

 

That would be a bias setup in my opinion. The Spad and Pfalz have less endurance for percentage of fuel than the Dr.1 and the Camel, especially the Camel, which has a huge fuel tank. See this post.

 

The best / fair way to lock a furball server is by endurance. Set everyone with the same endurance - let's say two airfields with planes set with the endurance of 30 and 60 minutes respectively.

 

Edit: the Dr.1 might tie on the deck in endurance with the Spad and Pfalz (burns more fuel), but the Camel is way up there to make any difference.

Edited by SeaW0lf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the argument full well and I say it intentionaly. Camel that we have is the original RoF camel which is a rocketship and in old RoF days equality between Camel and Dr.I was achieved at about 20% fuel camel and 30% fuel Dr.I

Dr.I in BoS is not so powerfull so I would give a bit more fuel to the Camel. It would help the Pfalz as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure, but people are saying the Pfalz is holding her own against the Camel (they might have rolled her back as well). I don't think one wrong can be fixed with another wrong. It is too soon. Then people get used to it, other planes come and things get worse than it already is. People need to access the situation. Then if the Camel is an isolated case people can lock it alone and I will have no objection.

 

But right now I'm of the opinion that we don't even know what the devs are doing and what we are getting. 

Edited by SeaW0lf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have another fight zone without the BOBP planes?  I remember there was a 3rd zone introduced 3-4 weeks ago (gone now) that had 41-43 year planeset, i.e. the 'oldies'. That was a fun zone to fight in. Mig's, 69 series yak, mc202, e7, no spits... That'd be nice to have it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we have more fuel with P47? Like 15% instead of 10%. If we manage to survive a moment, we're often out of fuel.

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 7:37 PM, moosya said:

Can we have another fight zone without the BOBP planes?  I remember there was a 3rd zone introduced 3-4 weeks ago (gone now) that had 41-43 year planeset, i.e. the 'oldies'. That was a fun zone to fight in. Mig's, 69 series yak, mc202, e7, no spits... That'd be nice to have it back.

 

Zone or 43+ map in rotation. Something to separate the oldies from the overbreds. Right now, you don't see much oldies used outside of "for the giggles" and that's sad.

Edited by Mauf
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Could we have more fuel with P47? Like 15% instead of 10%. If we manage to survive a moment, we're often out of fuel.

in main df area you have one with 10% and then other one with 19% fuel on same spawn points ( same is for all airplanes one with low and one with more fuel)

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SP1969, was this the forum you meant?

 

Sorry everyone else for the pointless post.  I'd second the air-starts suggestion for FC zone though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys. I've been flying on the Flying Circus area, but I notice something strange: I have made several perfect landings at the airstrip on my side of the fence, engine running 100%, no prong props, just landed with a couple hits on the wings. But nothing that made the plane shake or anything - probably one or two hits in the fuselage. To my surprise, I awarded a 'destructed plane' to my adversary in all occasions but one (I'm not sure if I had any hits on this one). What is weirder is that once I landed on the field, and I think I had the engine seized, and I was awarded a "perfect landing".

 

For a while I thought that I had to keep the engine running upon logoff to don't award a kill, but I did that and the kill was awarded anyway.

 

Is this a bug? Because there is no point in landing carefully and choosing an airstrip and such if I'm going to award a kill to all my adversaries anyway. Kind of defeat the purpose of it all, even of the dogfight per se if I'm going to 'get shot down' inside a perfect functional aircraft.

 

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, SeaW0lf said:

Hi, guys. I've been flying on the Flying Circus area, but I notice something strange: I have made several perfect landings at the airstrip on my side of the fence, engine running 100%, no prong props, just landed with a couple hits on the wings. But nothing that made the plane shake or anything - probably one or two hits in the fuselage. To my surprise, I awarded a 'destructed plane' to my adversary in all occasions but one (I'm not sure if I had any hits on this one). What is weirder is that once I landed on the field, and I think I had the engine seized, and I was awarded a "perfect landing".

 

For a while I thought that I had to keep the engine running upon logoff to don't award a kill, but I did that and the kill was awarded anyway.

 

Is this a bug? Because there is no point in landing carefully and choosing an airstrip and such if I'm going to award a kill to all my adversaries anyway. Kind of defeat the purpose of it all, even of the dogfight per se if I'm going to 'get shot down' inside a perfect functional aircraft.

 

Regards,

 

any hits to your airframe result in a kill award to the opposing shooter once you finish the game. It's been like that since forever. 

 

Previously, the kill would get awarded if the opposing plane was still in the mission and you exited. Now, however, the kill gets awarded to the opposing plane regardless of whether they're flying, or not, exited or not, i.e. it's independent.  Kind of lame, imho, especially during the duels. If you win, i.e. the enemy goes down in flames, but he managed to put 1 mg round in to your frame prior to that - the enemy will still get a kill award once you finish the mission.  Although the point of Berloga is to learn defensive and offensive tactics and not count who won/lost.

 

I actually liked when Berloga wouldn't show who killed you, i.e. the enemy would just be a plane name, i.e. yak, mig, 109e7, whatever. With actual player nicknames the game sometimes takes on a very vindictive character...

Edited by moosya
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, moosya said:

 

any hits to your airframe result in a kill award to the opposing shooter once you finish the game. It's been like that since forever. 

 

Previously, the kill would get awarded if the opposing plane was still in the mission and you exited. Now, however, the kill gets awarded to the opposing plane regardless of whether they're flying, or not, exited or not, i.e. it's independent.  Kind of lame, imho, especially during the duels. If you win, i.e. the enemy goes down in flames, but he managed to put 1 mg round in to your frame prior to that - the enemy will still get a kill award once you finish the mission.  Although the point of Berloga is to learn defensive and offensive tactics and not count who won/lost.

 

I actually liked when Berloga wouldn't show who killed you, i.e. the enemy would just be a plane name, i.e. yak, mig, 109e7, whatever. With actual player nicknames the game sometimes takes on a very vindictive character...

 

Thanks for the reply! Is that on purpose or it is a flaw of the stats / game? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

 

Thanks for the reply! Is that on purpose or it is a flaw of the stats / game? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

 

I checked the russian forum where the server owner posts from time to time and I didn't see any specifics for the latest config, so I assume it's due to patch 3.008 modifying the stat counters.  My advice is just to ignore them or you'll end up overthinking it for now benefit :)  .. it's hard.. i'm trying to do it as well.. the stat withdrawal is strong! 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moosya said:

 

I checked the russian forum where the server owner posts from time to time and I didn't see any specifics for the latest config, so I assume it's due to patch 3.008 modifying the stat counters.  My advice is just to ignore them or you'll end up overthinking it for now benefit :)  .. it's hard.. i'm trying to do it as well.. the stat withdrawal is strong! 😄

 

LOL, good advice :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A high altitude spawn would be nice, that way we could have some nice fights for the Bodenplatte aircraft.

Something like 7-8k meters would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why dropping your FC dogfighting zone, while you could have given it air start + something around 30 % gas all-over instead of that joy killing 100%?
Really disappointing ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 12:33 PM, Legioneod said:

A high altitude spawn would be nice, that way we could have some nice fights for the Bodenplatte aircraft.

Something like 7-8k meters would be great.

Just tie a string to the joystick and attach it to the desk, keep manifold pressure at 12 and do something useful around the house until it climbs out:)

 

The furball is like an insect light for me, I keep willing myself over and over but those triangular winged Yaks just keep luring me into turnfighting, then my 109

becomes gun fodder.

 

Great fun on this server, when it really hits the fan I turn on the position lights and message all blues for free meals, ie straight line flying Yaks and Spits vying to

finish off my smoke and fuel trail emitting plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some kind of bug on this server, every second time i join my sound goes off and weird noise appears.

I only have this problem on this server and after i need to restart game, changing servers after berloga doesn't help....only game restart helps!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Why always same map and time of the day ? 

Be nice to vary the map

 

the point of the server is the flight envelope training. :) There's enough sneaking up as it is. The idea is to see/identify the target as soon as possible and engage.  Adding a map/time of day rotation diverts the attention from the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i the only one that thinks the server is a lot less fun when nearly everyone only sits in a K-4 or Spit?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Admins,

 

could you activate the gyro sight for the FW190D-9, so we can also train to fly with the ace maker 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Am i the only one that thinks the server is a lot less fun when nearly everyone only sits in a K-4 or Spit?

No, especially if you don't have BoBp. Maybe once the hype calms down a bit we'll see more people flying the early war planes again. Now that D9 is out expect to see K4s, D9s and Spits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Same here ?

I looked last night, it was not available then. Maybe they haven't done the 3.0012c update yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attention! For experiment dogfight area is divided into 2 separate. BOS, BOM and BOK BOB separately. 

 

Guests are kindly requested to observe the rules of the server don't need to overtake the aircraft from another dogfight zone to another. Banlist works without warning!)

 

Sorry translate!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. How about adding Flying Circus planes in a separate area and in duels zone please.

 

There is no server to fly FC duels at the moment.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 307_Banzai said:

Nice. How about adding Flying Circus planes in a separate area and in duels zone please. 

 

There is no server to fly FC duels at the moment.

+1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SDV_Fin*19_ said:

Attention! For experiment dogfight area is divided into 2 separate. BOS, BOM and BOK BOB separately. 

 

Guests are kindly requested to observe the rules of the server don't need to overtake the aircraft from another dogfight zone to another. Banlist works without warning!)

 

Sorry translate!

It is nice to see that every single plane on the LW at the BOK arena are 262s lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...