Hey Vitaly, what would you say is the best generic throttle for someone who wants to have the most compatibility for the most possible IL-2 planes? It doesn't have to be an authentic reproduction, I just want the most functionality in the most ergonomic way. And what would be the price? 

Edited by Goldstein
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Goldstein said:

Hey Vitaly, what would you say is the best generic throttle for someone who wants to have the most compatibility for the most possible IL-2 planes? It doesn't have to be an authentic reproduction, I just want the most functionality in the most ergonomic way. And what would be the price? 

Would recommend having a look at the "FW190 New" throttle.  Huge number of buttons, rotary switches, levers etc. The throttle lever is very ergonomic.  I purchased the old version of it from another forum member, second hand, and apart from one small regret have been very pleased/ thrilled with it.

What is the small regret? .............................. Vitaly makes some wonderful throttle assemblies that also look fantastic. Alas the FW190 "Old" version is just so good I just have not been able to justify buying another of his marvellous creations. Now that is a real first world problem indeed!

The FW190 "Old" has now seen several years of use and has had no issues whatsoever . I am sure that applies to other products Vitaly has built as well.

I use it with a VR headset and can now remember what about 2/3rds of the buttons are for by feel. The new version has more variety  of switches, levers and rotary dials etc and I suspect that would be even better for VR users.

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
Syntax error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

Would recommend having a look at the "FW190 New" throttle.  Huge number of buttons, rotary switches, levers etc. The throttle lever is very ergonomic.  I purchased the old version of it from another forum member, second hand, and apart from one small regret have been very pleased/ thrilled with it.

What is the small regret? .............................. Vitaly makes some wonderful throttle assemblies that also look fantastic. Alas the FW190 "Old" version is just so good I just have not been able to justify buying another of his marvellous creations. Now that is a real first world problem indeed!

The FW190 "Old" has now seen several years of use and has had no issues whatsoever . I am sure that applies to other products Vitaly has built as well.

I use it with a VR headset and can now remember what about 2/3rds of the buttons are for by feel. The new version has more variety  of switches, levers and rotary dials etc and I suspect that would be even better for VR users.

Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit worried that that one is too big. I want to start out just using it on a desk, maybe with a chair mount later. Any idea about that? Also any idea what it costs?

I was looking at this one: 

1 minute ago, Goldstein said:

Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit worried that that one is too big. I want to start out just using it on a desk, maybe with a chair mount later. Any idea about that? Also any idea what it costs?

I was looking at this one: 

I have the FW190 "Old" mounted to my chair and for me, personally, the size is no concern but yes it has a large footprint for a desktop scenario.  Think you will find any throttle unit located at desk height is going to be very poor ergonomically as it will be too high.   

The MvdM looks like a nice unit but has too many buttons of the same type and in rows for someone using a VR headset

For me, would be difficult to know which switch to use in the bottom two rows as you cannot read the labels with a VR headset fitted.

You may not be intending to use VR so that may not be a concern but I would say that IL2 in VR is an absolute treat.

Vitaly would need to advise you on current pricing and is pretty prompt at responding.

1 minute ago, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

I have the FW190 "Old" mounted to my chair and for me, personally, the size is no concern but yes it has a large footprint for a desktop scenario.  Think you will find any throttle unit located at desk height is going to be very poor ergonomically as it will be too high.   

The MvdM looks like a nice unit but has too many buttons of the same type and in rows for someone using a VR headset

For me, would be difficult to know which switch to use in the bottom two rows as you cannot read the labels with a VR headset fitted.

You may not be intending to use VR so that may not be a concern but I would say that IL2 in VR is an absolute treat.

Vitaly would need to advise you on current pricing and is pretty prompt at responding.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to be flying in VR so that's definitely something to consider. I'm also looking at the monstertech chair so a chair mount might become an option. I guess it's time to save some more money up first though :P.

5 hours ago, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

Yep, that's my "new" Fw 190 throttle unit in the video, and it's been practically perfect for me. I can pretty much locate all of the buttons by feel.

• Like 1

Still using this on a near daily basis.

Nearly 3 years old now works perfectly. 

I fly IL2, DCS and MSFS2020 in VR using Rift CV1 “look down your nose” technology to see the buttons.😃

• Thanks 1
23 часа назад, Goldstein сказал:

Goldstein, hello.
Everything is very individual, for someone even one lever is enough, and for someone even eight is not enough :)
I have a "personalized" Throttle "IL2 SHTURMOVIK", created in alliance with Jason Williams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vitaliy, are there holes in the bottom side that can be used to mount these throttles to a holder? Or anyone that ownes one of Vitaliy's throttles? Thanks in advance.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
2 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Vitaliy, are there holes in the bottom side that can be used to mount these throttles to a holder? Or anyone that ones one of Vitaliy's throttles? Thanks in advance.

S!Blade<><

Yes, I have four holes drilled into the bottom of mine.

• Upvote 1
6 часов назад, BladeMeister сказал:

Vitaliy, are there holes in the bottom side that can be used to mount these throttles to a holder? Or anyone that ones one of Vitaliy's throttles? Thanks in advance.

S!Blade<><

If the customer asks, then I do them.

7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, I have four holes drilled into the bottom of mine.

LukeFF, did you have to open the case to install bolts or some sort of fastener to hold your throttle to the mounting plate it is attached to? If so, is it easy to do?

S!Blade<><

Vitality, I received your email and will respond this evening. Thanks.

Edited by BladeMeister
6 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

LukeFF, did you have to open the case to install bolts or some sort of fastener to hold your throttle to the mounting plate it is attached to? If so, is it easy to do?

No, the holes are mounted on the outside of the case, at each corner. I'm actually at the moment not using bolts to hold it down, since Monstertech doesn't make custom mounting plates. Instead, I have it secured with industrial strength velcro.

The panel on the upper-right is secured with bolts, since I had Vitaly make it to the same dimensions as the mounting plate Monstertech makes for Thrustmaster's MFDs. The dial and switch panel to the left of it is held in place with neodymium magnets.

PXL_20201201_000837748.thumb.jpg.1dfdd4efe5ebcb2a39ff313487449a9d.jpg

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, LukeFF said:

No, the holes are mounted on the outside of the case, at each corner.

That is what GVL224 offers by default when you ask for holes in the bottom plate, but he can also place them somewhere else. For my Johnny-do-it-all, I wanted a relatively small footprint (hence the levers are aligned in just one row) for use on a desktop. However I wanted to keep the flexibility of holes, in case I would change my mind and go for a chair mount one day, or in case I needed to add suction cups to secure the throttle on the desktop. So I asked him to add mounting holes but to place them underneath the throttle instead of on the outside of a wider bottom plate. That is of course less convenient if I need to use the holes, but that is a few millimeters gained on each side (and even more in case of suction cups, as those would protrude if the holes were close to the sides).

Edited by kewbak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, kewbak said:

That is what GVL224 offers by default when you ask for holes in the bottom plate, but he can also place them somewhere else. For my Johnny-do-it-all, I wanted a relatively small footprint (hence the levers are aligned in just one row) for use on a desktop. However I wanted to keep the flexibility of holes, in case I would change my mind and go for a chair mount one day, or in case I needed to add suction cups to secure the throttle on the desktop. So I asked him to add mounting holes but to place them underneath the throttle instead of on the outside of a wider bottom plate. That is of course less convenient if I need to use the holes, but that is a few millimeters gained on each side (and even more in case of suction cups, as those would protrude if the holes were close to the sides).

Nice. 👍 I like that idea of using suction cups - I'd had success with industrial-strength velcro with other controllers in the past, so that's why I've used them for this one.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Nice. 👍 I like that idea of using suction cups - I'd had success with industrial-strength velcro with other controllers in the past, so that's why I've used them for this one.

Great minds think alike Sir. I have Velcro holding my T160000m down. I will probably use Velcro again as it has really worked well for me. I have had Suction cups on my X52 throttle for years now and sometimes in the heat of battle I have broken the suction and my throttle is loose in my hands. LOL probably the signs of a sucky pilot panicking, but I will go with Velcro on my GVL Throttle I do believe. Thanks for the input Gents. LukeFF, I don't know about your Velcro, but the first time I went to take my T160000m off of its' mount, I was shocked at how hard I had to work at getting it to come loose. LMAO, I covered the whole bottom with Velcro and I think it was a bit much.:rolleyes: I will go a little more sparingly on my next go around.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

I think velcro is a great idea and probably even stronger. I wanted nothing left on the desktop when not using the throttle, that is why I was thinking about suction cups primarily. In the end it's not even necessary, the throttle is heavy enough and perhaps I'm very gentle with it because I love it (not playing many war planes lately though, this could make a difference).

Alright, so I am on the verge of placing my order. How many controllers will Win10, iL2  and other flight sims recognize?  I am looking to connect a TM T160000m, a GVL Throttle, a GVL Trim Unit, MFG Crosswinds and TIR5. Each will use there own USB connection to my Rig(no problem I have plenty of USB ports). Will this be recognized by the Flight Sims ok and will Win10 handle this ok? Any help/advice will be appreciated. I just want to make sure this will work with no problems before I pull the trigger.

S!Blade<><

If I remember it does not like more than 8 individual controls I use joystick,throttle,rudders,trim block,3x Leo switch boards, and a jet seat . When I plug one more usb device in it throws the sim in to turmoil:( . I think some one will know the max number on here for me it seams to be 8 hope this is of some help.

Edited by SR603-McMurdo_VR
  • Upvote 1

Ok, my finger is still on the trigger. Vitaly, or anyone that knows, I have asked to have a lock detent  put in the Throttle throw(like the P51 Throttle half way down page 6 of this thread). I would like to simulate say in a Spitfire, use the Throttle from 0 - 90%, up to the detent(military power or continuous setting) and then when you push past the detent that introduces WEP or whatever the Brits called it(through the gate?)

Anyway, is there a way for me to actually set up a Throttle to recreate this in sim, say IL2 or any of the major Combat Flight Sims, whether this is setup in sim or through a 3rd party software? Thanks for any help in advance.

Vitaly, my apologies for all of the questions, but maybe this will also help if other perspective customers are wondering some of these same questions.

S!Blade<><

On 4/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, BladeMeister said:

I have asked to have a lock detent  put in the Throttle throw(like the P51 Throttle half way down page 6 of this thread). I would like to simulate say in a Spitfire, use the Throttle from 0 - 90%, up to the detent(military power or continuous setting) and then when you push past the detent that introduces WEP or whatever the Brits called it(through the gate?)

In (Bo"X") Spitfire you can't do this just with throttle movement*, because BOOST (WEP) is not controlled by throttle like in IRL Spit, but by a "gamey" button/key like in IL-2:1946. Don't know about how is in P-51.

In (IRL) Spit II, X, the yellow lever ahead throttle course is not a "BOOST" activator, is just a physical limit that prevent move the throttle above maximum normal power, opening the limiter, can move throttle for engage "BOOST" . Similar in (IRL) P-51, there the physical limiter is wire that need to be broken.

(IRL) Hurricane have a knob on panel that need to be turned and pulled, or for the same Merlin engine, two different ways to operate BOOST.

* In CloD and DCS Spit's you can do this with throttle, in CloD tuning throttle axis 100% position and in DCS setting an response curve.

In Bo"X" Bf 109's too, but will be need use an external software, eg. Joystick Gremlin for set a curve for throttle axis matching ~80% (or wathever) limit for Emergency Power. But different 109 will require different curve.

Opera Resume, is difficult - if not impossible, an (joystick) throttle that meet the need of different planes, IF game was coded their "BOOST/WEP" like is IRL.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/27/2021 at 5:25 AM, BladeMeister said:

Ok, my finger is still on the trigger. Vitaly, or anyone that knows, I have asked to have a lock detent  put in the Throttle throw(like the P51 Throttle half way down page 6 of this thread). I would like to simulate say in a Spitfire, use the Throttle from 0 - 90%, up to the detent(military power or continuous setting) and then when you push past the detent that introduces WEP or whatever the Brits called it(through the gate?)

Anyway, is there a way for me to actually set up a Throttle to recreate this in sim, say IL2 or any of the major Combat Flight Sims, whether this is setup in sim or through a 3rd party software? Thanks for any help in advance.

Vitaly, my apologies for all of the questions, but maybe this will also help if other perspective customers are wondering some of these same questions.

S!Blade<><

This is just a quick answer and please don't take it as a firm confirmation, but I'm pretty sure you could do anything you want with Joystick Gremlin. I suggest you download it and read the doc a bit to see if there are ways to do what you want.

In one of the previous pages, I showed how I could use it to transform a 5-position rocker into a spoiler lever in MSFS2020.

Edited by kewbak
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you V it looks  fantastic eagerly awaiting it’s arrival will post a photo of your hard work when installed in my pit :) thanks  again for trouble free fast and professional service both in design and production, hopefully this will see me out as I’m hitting 56 this year :)  but if I ever need a new device I will be calling good luck in the future and thanks again.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I have a quick general request please. Could anyone that has ordered a GVL product from Vitaly and that lives in the USA please PM me and help me get up to speed on how to use Western Union or another process to pay Vitaly for my order. I would like to place my order tomorrow so there is a little bit of urgency to my request. Thanks in advance. I am excited to place my order for a Trim Console first, soon to be followed by the Throttle Unit I designed second.:)

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
5 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I have a quick general request please. Could anyone that has ordered a GVL product from Vitaly and that lives in the USA please PM me and help me get up to speed on how to use Western Union or another process to pay Vitaly for my order. I would like to place my order tomorrow so there is a little bit of urgency to my request. Thanks in advance. I am excited to place my order for a Trim Console first, soon to be followed by the Throttle Unit I designed second.:)

S!Blade<><

The most reliable way to pay him is through a bank transfer. Wire transfer services like Western Union don't like doing business with Ukraine. I bank with Navy Federal, and it has taken less than 5 business days for the transfer to go through each time.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

The most reliable way to pay him is through a bank transfer. Wire transfer services like Western Union don't like doing business with Ukraine. I bank with Navy Federal, and it has taken less than 5 business days for the transfer to go through each time.

PM sent.

I would like to make a last ditch effort to ask anyone who has made a purchase with GVL to help me learn how to transfer the funds to Vitaly to place my order. I have never made any type of transaction like this involving bank transfers of sending money to a foreign country. Vitaly has been very helpful but there is the language barrier to go along with my ignorance as to performing a funds transfer such as this.  I really do want to make 2 purchases from GVL, but if I cannot pay for the products to be manufactured then I will be forced to find and purchase a throttle from another company. Thanks for any help in advance. 

S!Blade<><

Thank you for the timely help LukeFF. I PMed you one more time. I think if you can answer these 3 questions I can move forward.

S!Blade<><

Thank you LukeFF!!!

You da man!!! See, an old dog can learn new tricks. One Trim Console ordered, as long as the wire goes through. Here's hoping!

Edited by BladeMeister
3 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I would like to make a last ditch effort to ask anyone who has made a purchase with GVL to help me learn how to transfer the funds to Vitaly to place my order. I have never made any type of transaction like this involving bank transfers of sending money to a foreign country. Vitaly has been very helpful but there is the language barrier to go along with my ignorance as to performing a funds transfer such as this.  I really do want to make 2 purchases from GVL, but if I cannot pay for the products to be manufactured then I will be forced to find and purchase a throttle from another company. Thanks for any help in advance. 

S!Blade<><

It looks like you’ve already solved your issue, but wise is also an option when it comes to international fund transfers. It is wise-dot-com. 

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, kissTheSky said:

It looks like you’ve already solved your issue, but wise is also an option when it comes to international fund transfers. It is wise-dot-com. 

You are a wise man Sir. Thank your for helping. That is the company I used and I feel it was a Wise choice.:rolleyes: I just don't know anything about all of this worldly finance jazz. I am still trying to get my head around all this bitcoin crap.  I am beginning to feel left behind by all of this new fangeled technology. Give me PayPal or using a Credit Card online any day.;)

At any rate, I have a new Trim Console ordered, hopefully as long as the transfer goes through. Now I just have to Hurry up and wait for three months.:cool:

Vitaly, I think maybe we need to think about 'Cloning' you to double or triple or quadruple production Sir!:P

S!Blade<><

clone.jpg

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1