4 минуты назад, E69_Qpassa_VR сказал:

Thing is FW 190 throttle is not completely linear it moves to the left at low speeds and emergency mode, I'm not sure how this could be implemented in a hardware 

I do not quite understand what you mean, just guessing.
But my answer is, I don't make "copies" or "replicas".
I make throttle for the user as it is convenient for him from the components I developed.
All the names are throttle, nothing more than a convention (the desire of the customer).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Thing is FW 190 throttle is not completely linear it moves to the left at low speeds and emergency mode, I'm not sure how this could be implemented in a hardware 

I'm not after an exact replica, just something with the same layout and buttons etc.

Edited by JG51-Hetzer
8 hours ago, GVL224 said:

I do not quite understand what you mean, just guessing.

What he means is that many WWII planes throttle a gate, in the form of  "Z" in the throttle rail, so for engage emergency power, is need move the throttle lever slight for left for bypass the gate (the "Z").

Example:Tempest throttle trail, for use "5 min Take-off" power the throttle lever need by-pass this "detent", moving for left.

1503128284_ThrottleCover1large.thumb.jpg.d37f16d80914788ed70a4dcfb4c9c63e.jpg

Spitfire Mk.IV rail, the wide area is for lever move left and by-pass the "ball plunger" inside.

supermearine-spitfire-throttle-quadrant-

In Fw 190 the "detent" is a kind of ball plunger internally, similar to what is used in Spitfire Mk.V throttle:

mg_5948.jpg?w=1000&h=

mg_5940.jpg?w=1000&h=

This "gate" is the "grandpa" of actual afterburner detent in modern jets.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1
2 часа назад, Sokol1 сказал:

What he means is that many WWII planes throttle a gate, in the form of  "Z" in the throttle rail, so for engage emergency power, is need move the throttle lever slight for left for bypass the gate (the "Z").

Thanks for clarifying. I assumed about this, but was not sure.

Hi GVL,

I''m looking for a throttle unit and really like your WWII designs! I'm a little torn on what i would need and want for a custom design. Planes that i fly the most are.

• Bf-109
  • Bf-110 
  • Fw-190

Is there a list of units that i can chose from?

Thank you!

Grt M

14 минут назад, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm сказал:

Hi GVL,

I''m looking for a throttle unit and really like your WWII designs! I'm a little torn on what i would need and want for a custom design. Planes that i fly the most are.

• Bf-109
  • Bf-110 
  • Fw-190

Is there a list of units that i can chose from?

Thank you!

Grt M

Hi.
My YouTube channel has everything I did.
Some units are named Bf-109 and Fw-190.
I have not made a Bf-110 block yet.
I can make for you your individual arrangement of levers, buttons and toggle switches, as well as as much of the handle as possible.

1 hour ago, GVL224 said:

Hi.
My YouTube channel has everything I did.
Some units are named Bf-109 and Fw-190.
I have not made a Bf-110 block yet.
I can make for you your individual arrangement of levers, buttons and toggle switches, as well as as much of the handle as possible.

Thank you for the quick response. I don't think i need two seperate throttle levers just for the Bf-110. Just a way to toggle the engines would be sufficient. I don't want to unit to be too big. Like the Fw-190 variant.

I actually like this variant. Because it has the Bf-109 lever, but can also be used for the other planes.

What would be a nice way to toggle the used engines?

Grt M

6 hours ago, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm said:

I have 2 momentary toggle switches on my unit from GVL for engine selection, which are labeled M1, M2, M1+2, and Starter (for starting and shutting down the engines).

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
11 часов назад, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm сказал:

Grt M

You can make changes to the design of the block and labels.

22 hours ago, LukeFF said:

I have 2 momentary toggle switches on my unit from GVL for engine selection, which are labeled M1, M2, M1+2, and Starter (for starting and shutting down the engines).

16 hours ago, GVL224 said:

You can make changes to the design of the block and labels.

Thank you both! I will choose a design (probably the one above or IAN) and will try to think of some changes.

Grt M

These (and the ones on your YouTube channel) are AMAZING!

Once I figure out what I want/need, I'm definitely going to be ordering one from you.  I'm still very new to IL2, so I'm still learning.

13 часов назад, DrBubba сказал:

These (and the ones on your YouTube channel) are AMAZING!

Once I figure out what I want/need, I'm definitely going to be ordering one from you.  I'm still very new to IL2, so I'm still learning.

I'll be glad to help.

• Like 1

It's arrived!

01.jpg
02.jpg

And it's beautiful. Also real smooth, I love it.

I tweaked the two small levers to set them in unlocked position for now, but they can be reverted to a locking mechanism quite easily by just untightening some screws, which is nice. I also customized the felt washers on the main levers with the help of GVL224 to make them a little stiffer, because they were a little too soft to my liking compared to those on the other levers, which made the levers have a bit of elasticity for small adjustments instead of accurate positioning like the others, but I may just swap them for harder ones one day (it requires a lot more disassembly that what I've done now though). Note that the small levers have significantly more travel distance than the big ones, this may be important for those who want maximum range on their throttle.

Thanks again Vitaly, it's amazing workmanship and my sim friends are going to be jealous!

Edited by kewbak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those interested in the rotary speedbrake I mentioned here, I had one big concern with the setup I asked to GVL224. A HID device can only have 8 axes, and I have already 8 on mine (Flaps, Reversers ×2, Throttles ×2, Trims ×3). I chose not to dedicate a lever for the speedbrakes because (1) it would have been too bulky for the block I wanted, and (2) not all planes have speedbrakes and a speedbrake lever would have had a handle a bit too specific to repurpose it to another function in those planes, so I chose to add a third trim as my 8th axis instead.

For this reason, I asked GVL224 to make SPD BRK rotary rocker (the white rotary rocker on the right in the above pictures) with these positions: DOWN - ARMED - 25 - 50 - 75 - UP.

The problem with that is MFS2020 does not allow mapping speedbrake positions as individual keybinds, nor does it have any "Increase speedbrake" or "Decrease speedbrake" mappings. Spoilers can only be mapped to keys for fully extended and fully retracted, or there is a "Speedbrake axis" available, so I had to somehow convert my rotary rocker to an axis. I believe I managed to do that using Joystick Gremlin and vJoy. I assigned macros to all 6 positions of the rocker, each with a value of vJoy device axis and a button state, as follows:

Rocker — Y axis — Buttons

DOWN — -1.00 — B1 pressed, B2 released

ARMED — -1.00 — B1 released, B2 pressed

25 — -0.50 — B1 pressed, B2 released

50 — 0.00 — B1 pressed, B2 released

75 — 0.50 — B1 pressed, B2 released

UP — 1.00 — B1 pressed, B2 released

Since a HID device is still limited to 8 axes, I mapped all this as a new device (vJoy #1), but if all goes well, the simulator should allow mapping different devices and using them simultaneously.

Then, in MFS2020, I could map "Spoiler axis -100 to +100%" to my vJoy axis Y, "Disarm auto spoilers" to button 1, and "Arm auto spoilers" to button 2. The result in joy.cpl (Windows gamepad manager) and in MFS2020 is visible in this video:

I am having issues finding the correct mapping options for the autopilot functions and the encoders though.

Edited by kewbak
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Great way to start my Friday. Love seeing all the new designs and budget level throttles GVL offers, it is among my favorite parts of the forum.

Love the detent even for a more budget minded throttle. 

Great stuff !!!!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 часов назад, BladeMeister сказал:

Is this showing Hall Effect sensing for these levers? Elimination of a contact sliding lever?

S!Blade<><

The Hall sensor and Magnetoresistor have different principles of working with a magnetic field.
The Hall sensor reacts to changes in the strength of the magnetic field.
The magnetoresistor reacts to changes in the direction of the magnetic field.

I have designed a throttle plus a trim console combo basically based off of previous GVL designs posted here and I am almost ready to correspond with @GVL224to come to terms on having you build it for me.  @GVL224, as I understand it, Great Battles will only recognize less than 40 input assignments in game. I have more than 40 button assignments included in my proposed throttle and trim console design alone, not including my joystick buttons. Will I simply be able to use a 3rd party app(joy 2 key or some other app) to program button assignments above this in game limit? I have used Saitek's app in the past to accomplish this but if I have you  build a new combo, I will be eliminating my Saitek hardware altogether. Any advice and or help will be appreciated.

S!Blade<><

Great Battles will only recognize less than 40 input assignments in game.

GB sereis recognize up to 64* DX buttons, plus 8 axes per controller.

* Can use a controller with more buttons, but need keyboard emulation with external software, e.g. Joystick Gremlin, for buttons above # 64.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1
14 часов назад, BladeMeister сказал:

I have designed a throttle plus a trim console combo basically based off of previous GVL designs posted here and I am almost ready to correspond with @GVL224to come to terms on having you build it for me.  @GVL224, as I understand it, Great Battles will only recognize less than 40 input assignments in game. I have more than 40 button assignments included in my proposed throttle and trim console design alone, not including my joystick buttons. Will I simply be able to use a 3rd party app(joy 2 key or some other app) to program button assignments above this in game limit? I have used Saitek's app in the past to accomplish this but if I have you  build a new combo, I will be eliminating my Saitek hardware altogether. Any advice and or help will be appreciated.

S!Blade<><

The controller I use allows you to connect:
- 8 axes
- 64 buttons
- 16 toggle switches
- 4 encoders
- 1 HUT

If necessary, you can use 2 and 3 controllers at the same time.

• Upvote 2