Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.006 discussion: GFX update, numerous features and fixes

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

Again the developers have done a super job.  However, when attempting a flight in the FW-190 A8 I noticed that the windscreen was darkened to the point that it was difficult to see directly in front of the aircraft.  Has anyone experienced this issue and I might add this same effect was seen on an earlier version on the same aircraft.

 

The windscreen will completely back out for a couple of seconds if I change views but I don't think this is what you are taking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AeroAce 

     Thanks for the quick reply; however, I haven 't tried changing the view and see if that does the trick.  Also where are the rockets that were to be fitted to the wings on the A8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great update.

 

A couple things noticed:

Bullet dispersal, watch out for those Lagg 3's 109 pilots, more likely to be hit by them if they get on your 6.

 

Water vapour from overheating engines, noticed when taking a Spit 9 up against some G6's the thin white trail of vapour as one G6 was working his engine hard in the fight.  Nice.

 

109's have a tendency to become Roman Candles if you don't watch out.  Critical hits to fuel systems can lead to the aircraft getting swamped in fire and going down.

 

Also oil hits are quite prominent now with critical failure of an engines oil system really showing.  Nice.

 

More flying to do to observe other changes but big thumbs up and also my squad mates are not getting knocked down like flies when on mission which is nice to in Career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

Thanks for the quick reply; however, I haven 't tried changing the view and see if that does the trick.  Also where are the rockets that were to be fitted to the wings on the A8?

 

F-8 / G-8 mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, blitze said:

109's have a tendency to become Roman Candles if you don't watch out.  Critical hits to fuel systems can lead to the aircraft getting swamped in fire and going down.

Every plane has that tendency too. Allied planes has much higher, because now German 20mm has a simulated chemical damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Every plane has that tendency too. Allied planes has much higher, because now German 20mm has a simulated chemical damage. 

Nice, I like Fiery Angels )))

 

Not seen it much yet as I usually disengage once my opponent is black smoking and going down.  I'm off looking for the next one to work on. Last engagement though had my flight up against 2 flights of Laggs and my engine copped it.  Was way behind enemy lines but over water but obviously my pilot couldn't swim to German lines. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

Again the developers have done a super job.  However, when attempting a flight in the FW-190 A8 I noticed that the windscreen was darkened to the point that it was difficult to see directly in front of the aircraft.  Has anyone experienced this issue and I might add this same effect was seen on an earlier version on the same aircraft.

 

Try higher preset, or other settings this bug only shows on low setings on 190A8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

Again the developers have done a super job.  However, when attempting a flight in the FW-190 A8 I noticed that the windscreen was darkened to the point that it was difficult to see directly in front of the aircraft.  Has anyone experienced this issue and I might add this same effect was seen on an earlier version on the same aircraft.

 

I reported this as a bug a few months back. 

 

Not sure if other settings have an effect on the windscreen darkening, but for me un checking 4k skins fixed it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The simulator looks beautiful and goes very fast.
But the AI is still quite poor and in the campaign the planes of your side fllying in formation continue to collide against each other, etc ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EAF51_Jimmi said:

 

 

TY very much! @I./JG1_Baron

 

it worked!

downloading it now!

 

+1 Remove the technochat! (good reading about that here )

 

+1 about removing option. Can be a big step on simulation to take care about engine gauges istead of waiting the warning. 

But remember. If that option is going to be implemented we must have modeled the swich button from water to oil on the 109 indicator. Now you just can see the water lecture.

I wrote Han about that

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the way the devs were so excited about this update that they couldn't wait for the '47 and 262 to be finished. They had to get it out to us. Shows they enjoy their job.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Poochnboo said:

I like the way the devs were so excited about this update that they couldn't wait for the '47 and 262 to be finished. They had to get it out to us. Shows they enjoy their job.

Yep, though the 262 isnt the next aircraft, it's the P-47 and K4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, alejoperez2008 said:

The simulator looks beautiful and goes very fast.
But the AI is still quite poor and in the campaign the planes of your side fllying in formation continue to collide against each other, etc ...

 

When in flight are you getting AI formation crashes?

I noticed on take off as flight leader, I need to ensure everyone is off the ground before initiating a change of direction.  Also, the only other time was on a bomber escort mission with a rooky pilot and he took out a wingman over the target area when there was no opposition and the flight was loitering whilst the bombers dropped their eggs.

 

If you are in formation and not flying erratically causing your flight to have to try and avoid you, the AI flies formation quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I am playing this game at all is because Flying Circus got me to take a second look at it, and so much has changed since I dismissed it out of hand in 2013.  I had no idea the experience/unlock crap was gone years ago, for instance.

 

This update seems to fix a lot of things that...people may have noticed in the past.  I'd say, tell all your friends who stopped playing to give it a second chance!  Optimization is a huge deal. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that when I have an oil leak from the engine, with the canopy closed (WW2 fighter) it appears as if I get oil on the inside of the canopy onto my goggles.  Anybody else aware of this or experienced this or has it already been raised, before I raise it on the bug section?

 

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just starting to get into the new patch and love the black exhaust when you go full throttle.  This is an element I've wanted to see for a long time and thought it was possible since ROF has it.  Allied pursuit pilots knew when german pilots had their throttles at max because their exhaust would belch black from the poor grade fuel they used.  Love this.  Also excited by the tracers that now look more realistic and the fire effects.  It also seems easier to light up a bandit which I also believe is more realistic.  Or just more fun.  OK, both!

 

GREAT JOB DEV TEAM!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Every plane has that tendency too. Allied planes has much higher, because now German 20mm has a simulated chemical damage. 

 

Sorry have to ask, but I saw none of this in the patch notes. What do you base this statement on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good patch. Definitely the new effects are better than the old ones. I still hope some of the sounds (.50cals, hits etc.) will be reworked for Bodenplatte. I think the current sounds, especially for some weapons are quite without a good punch and lack that satisfaction for me.

Good luck and keep those updates comming :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Solty said:

A very good patch. Definitely the new effects are better than the old ones. I still hope some of the sounds (.50cals, hits etc.) will be reworked for Bodenplatte. I think the current sounds, especially for some weapons are quite without a good punch and lack that satisfaction for me.

Good luck and keep those updates comming :)

Agreed. Most sounds are excellent imo but the .50s sound wrong, they don't sound like that irl.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PA_Spartan- said:

 

I mean this: 17. Oil drops on pilot googles effect was added in case of engine damage;

Ah ok. I was hoping it was new oil effects on the cockpit like the water effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haza said:

I've noticed that when I have an oil leak from the engine, with the canopy closed (WW2 fighter) it appears as if I get oil on the inside of the canopy onto my goggles.  Anybody else aware of this or experienced this or has it already been raised, before I raise it on the bug section?

 

Regards

 

Seen this too on the Yak-1 69 series.  Looks like the RoF oil splatter.

7 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Agreed. Most sounds are excellent imo but the .50s sound wrong, they don't sound like that irl.

Good example of six fifties firing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Seen this too on the Yak-1 69 series.  Looks like the RoF oil splatter.

Good example of six fifties firing.

 

Sounds nice but nothing like it does in-game. The 50s in-game sound to mechanical compared to rl imo. Needs a little less clank clank clank and a little more boom boom boom.

 

Really they should just record one 50 to get a proper sound and then multiply it. I'm not trying to complain to much but the 50 is the only sound that is truly lacking in this sim imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Sounds nice but nothing like it does in-game.

I know, just wanted to post a good example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Sounds nice but nothing like it does in-game. The 50s in-game sound to mechanical compared to rl imo. Needs a little less clank clank clank and a little more boom boom boom.

 

Really they should just record one 50 to get a proper sound and then multiply it. I'm not trying to complain to much but the 50 is the only sound that is truly lacking in this sim imo.

It's all of the gun sounds. I guess it's hard to do in a game. From inside the cockpit with the engine running and a helmet on I doubt you would hear much of your weapons sounds. Maybe a dull rumble. I've been in a truck gun turret firing and inside a hummer and MRAP. While gunners were firing with M2 .50 as well as M249 and M240. Even from outside it's more of a staccato popping sound (at different pitch for different calibers). None of the gun sounds are very realistic but they are nice in a gamey Hollywood kind of way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just seen a video of a FW 190 A8 and:

it is impossible that a plane loaded with a big bomb could do that?!

Chasing bombers at high altitude?

Barrel rolls?

Steep dives at high speed?

If the pilot does one of these maneuvers he never lands at home base and there is no need of a soviet air force.

A bad point for this simulation if what I have seen is true.:salute:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

I have just seen a video of a FW 190 A8 and:

it is impossible that a plane loaded with a big bomb could do that?!

Chasing bombers at high altitude?

Barrel rolls?

Steep dives at high speed?

If the pilot does one of these maneuvers he never lands at home base and there is no need of a soviet air force.

A bad point for this simulation if what I have seen is true.:salute:

 

Why not post the vid hear so we could all examine it?

 

It's completely possible for an aircraft to do maneuvers with a bombload, irl however the bombs would probably come off most of the time with high g maneuvers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

I have just seen a video of a FW 190 A8 and:

it is impossible that a plane loaded with a big bomb could do that?!

Chasing bombers at high altitude?

Barrel rolls?

Steep dives at high speed?

If the pilot does one of these maneuvers he never lands at home base and there is no need of a soviet air force.

A bad point for this simulation if what I have seen is true.:salute:

 

 

You'd be surprised what some of these planes can do 😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talon_ said:

 

You'd be surprised what some of these planes can do 😂

 

 

 

 

Talon,

 

Not sure what this has to do with the update!?

However, just duplicating posts from the vid section to get attention is rather lame!

 

RGDS

 

 

Edit.  I'm interested to see how many players in this sim assign trim stab etc to their joysticks to allow for extra elevator authority.  In my books that is trying to gain an advantage, which in the English Oxford Dictionary basically says what it is!  I guess that is what separates the true sim guys and the arcade boys!

 

 

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Haza said:

Not sure what this has to do with the update!?

However, just duplicating posts from the vid section to get attention is rather lame!

 

I quoted the user I was responding to. It's an example of how weight doesn't matter as much as you might think, nothing to do with attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talon_ said:

 

I quoted the user I was responding to. It's an example of how weight doesn't matter as much as you might think, nothing to do with attention.

 

Of course!

However, I'm after the sim in this game rather than the arcade aspects!

That said, thankfully there are other servers out there that accommodate this element and I'm really enjoying the latest up-date.

In addition, the user mentioned how it was bad for this simulation, but I guess you proved his point!

 

1 hour ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Seen this too on the Yak-1 69 series.  Looks like the RoF oil splatter.

Good example of six fifties firing.

 

 

 

GD,

 

Thank you for that clarification. I will post the observation in the bug section.

 

Regards

 

 

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Haza said:

I've noticed that when I have an oil leak from the engine, with the canopy closed (WW2 fighter) it appears as if I get oil on the inside of the canopy onto my goggles.  Anybody else aware of this or experienced this or has it already been raised, before I raise it on the bug section?

 

Regards

 

Same here. Which is quite annoying because if there are not a hole somewhere in the cockpit the oil should stay over the windshield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Seen this too on the Yak-1 69 series.  Looks like the RoF oil splatter.

Good example of six fifties firing.

 

 

To be fair to the devs, that video is shot from in front of the muzzles of the guns, while our pilot is sitting behind the guns, at speed, with the engine running, etc. Also, cameras really struggle with accurately reproducing the sound of gunfire.

 

IIRC a lot of pilot memoirs say that they really couldn't hear the guns firing, but they 'felt' them instead. You can't really reproduce that in a sim. I think that's why the devs chose to emphasize the mechanical-type cycling noises instead of the muzzle reports.

 

That video is awesome, btw.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Haza said:

In addition, the user mentioned how it was bad for this simulation, but I guess you proved his point!

 

How so? The A-20 in certain configurations has similar power to weight and wing loading to a Spitfire Mk IX and is stressed to 6.5g

 

Edit: it can chase & climb up after G-4s and even G-14s.

Edited by Talon_
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah all guns sound very different from ahead compared to behind. Not the least thanks to the supersonic cracks. What needs to be remembered when reading memoirs and first hand accounts too that usually shots are and were fired in very quick, life threatening situations under immense focus. Flow even. People who have shot in competitions or excercises like team/squad attack and defence excercises or force on force(let alone real combat) irl know that you cant always really remember what the gunfire and its echoes sounds like or even what exactly happened and in which order. And how your own gun sounds different to whoever shoots next to you(and gunfire sounds different to the outside vs. inside a plane). When you hear it again it sounds familiar but its difficult to recall, and even more difficult to capture with recording devices so that it still sounds good and realistic.

 

I think all gun sounds need more base but they're pretty good, not a big deal at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talon_ said:

 

How so? The A-20 in certain configurations has similar power to weight and wing loading to a Spitfire Mk IX and is stressed to 6.5g

 

Edit: it can chase & climb up after G-4s and even G-14s.

 

I loled hard

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested new update. Great job, new effects not only include far more situationa but they also look far better. Now i know if someone have noticed me when i'm sneaking behind.:biggrin:

Fires are also bigger and better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bies said:

I tested new update. Great job, new effects not only include far more situationa but they also look far better. Now i know if someone have noticed me when i'm sneaking behind.:biggrin:

Fires are also bigger and better.

And more frequent!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Ah ok. I was hoping it was new oil effects on the cockpit like the water effects.

 

I think they should be like the water effects too.  The intensity of the goo on your goggles should be directly proportionate to how far your head is sticking out beyond the protection of the windscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...