Han

Game version 3.006 discussion: GFX update, numerous features and fixes

Considering Yaks have pressurised cooling systems it's very odd that they now boil at 40 degrees/10km.

Altitude should not affect our WW2 pressurised cooling systems.

7 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

id airplanes just got a lot easyer, if its low and have black trail its axis :)

AI Yak seemed to trail black as well at full throttle in the offline quick mission I just did.

There was visible unburnt fuel / exhaust from multiple aircraft at Duxford last weekend. Turns out them display flyboys don't adjust their mixtures right....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

AI Yak seemed to trail black as well at full throttle in the offline quick mission I just did.

lol then its back to same chalanges regarding id

fires and leaks looks great, also like that wingti trails now, cant wait to check how online runs on servers after this update

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Considering Yaks have pressurised cooling systems it's very odd that they now boil at 40 degrees/10km.

True, that's odd.

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

These systems had overpressure release valves of various types and thereby still were somewhat altitude dependent.  Though the higher the absolute pressure, the smaller the effect of say half an atmosphere pressure drop.

28 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

A good long list of fixes, but somehow I do not find this fix particularly comforting ;) :   19. Bug fix: Spitfire Mk.VB/IXe fuel leak will stop when the left wing is lost;

I think it is a good idea to keep the bug fix and small additions separate from the main content releases as you have done here, makes it easier to grasp.

Exactly my thoughts 😀

Guys,

There are lots of small detailed changes in this update. Just take it slow and absorb everything and if you see what could be a bug post it, BUT take a couple days before jumping all over us with small issues. Its likely we missed a few things. Beta testers caught a lot, but could always be something we missed. But please don't panic. Small issues are the price or progress sometimes.

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 27

Thank you very much for the good hard job ! Very nice , I have planed like the day   before yesterday to be + 48 h continuesly without sleeping ..... with VR ,  That’s will be fabulous! I like very much this Sim  contain ,  thanks a lot , I am enjoying very much ! See ‘ll you in  Multiplayer Wings of Liberty (and TAW ) ... ! Very Good for sure !

WHOA!! Flipping heck! It took me ten minutes just to READ the list!!! (then again, I DO only have one eye!!). This looks great, I am downloading as I type and am just about to jump into a Dirty Fokker and see what's what!! Thanks chaps, as dedicated and attentive as ever!! XX

48 minutes ago, JtD said:

Thanks for the numerous fixes, improvements and additions.

I apologize for what follows now, still have to ask it. I appreciate what you've done. That said: When do you plan to fix the A-20 firing arcs, the MW50 behaviour on the G-14 and the overheating of the Fw190 (in particular the A-8)?

Without commenting on the correctness of the 190A-8's engine temperature model, is it possible that the 190A-8 is simply using the new/more advanced oil temperature model announced in DD 186? We know the Yak-7b has the new model and it overheats a lot faster than the Yak-1 and Yak-1b.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Well..... quit trying to fuel the plane with a vodka mixture. 😀

• Haha 1

If anyone have had a problem with "hang up" Careers - try to delete \data\swf\il2\usersave folder and continue this Career. There is a great chance that it will be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Awesome update, I can't wait to get home and play!!

I probably would have never noticed that my o̶i̶l̶ fuel stopped leaking in the Spit if my wing had been shot off. That's some serious attention to detail from the team!!

Edit: I was right there first time 😂

Edited by RobCarter3

Will all WW1 German pilots get a parachute no matter what or will this be a server side mission maker option?    

10 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

WHOA!! Flipping heck! It took me ten minutes just to READ the list!!! (then again, I DO only have one eye!!). This looks great, I am downloading as I type and am just about to jump into a Dirty Fokker and see what's what!! Thanks chaps, as dedicated and attentive as ever!! XX

On an occasion jump (bail out) from it and then do the same in Spad and watch the difference ;)

Edited by ST_ami7b5

52. Multiplayer net packets won't slowly increase in size over time;
53. Multiplayer net packets now have their CRC checked, this should improve the data transfer stability;
54. Net load decreased by optimizing the data packets carrying graphical effects data;  
55. Statistics system accuracy increased (this should fix the situations with unaccounted kills);  

Yay! Will be good to see the effects of this in MP.

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

There are lots of small detailed changes in this update. Just take it slow and absorb everything and if you see what could be a bug post it, BUT take a couple days before jumping all over us with small issues. Its likely we missed a few things. Beta testers caught a lot, but could always be something we missed. But please don't panic. Small issues are the price or progress sometimes.

Jason

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp. Maybe new members of the community? This is a completely normal patch process around here. 99.2% yippee and .8 percent aw shucks. The fixes always far outweigh any minor problems.

You can anticipate a couple of minor hiccups in the new code and the possibility of a hot fix or two over the next zero to ten days.

THIS IS NORMAL. Enjoy.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

id airplanes just got a lot easyer, if its low and have black trail its axis :)

why? pretty much all WW2 axis planes have automatic mixture control

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

why? pretty much all WW2 axis planes have automatic mixture control

The Kommandogerat had a tendency to run on the rich side when pushed to emergency power.

19. Bug fix: Spitfire Mk.VB/IXe fuel leak will stop when the left wing is lost ;

Here is a typo, sorry. Not fuel leak, but oil leak. Fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Talon_ said:

The Kommandogerat had a tendency to run on the rich side when pushed to emergency power.

first of all, pretty much every plane runs on rich when using emergency, it helps with cooling, but who in his right mind would fly on emergency outside of combat? 

An excellent set of improvements, thank you all for your hard work. 

3 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

first of all, pretty much every plane runs on rich when using emergency, it helps with cooling, but who in his right mind would fly on emergency outside of combat? 

I'm just telling you the history, I'm not the guy that brought this topic up!

The venting of the water radiators is an excellent and well implemented feature, flying without technochat is another degree more challenging and immersive now, and makes the workload a lot harder in the non-automated planes, (predominantly Russian). Your cooling performance gets progressively worse with loss of coolant over time, and you even have to watch the temperatures in the spitfire IX now, as there are consequences to running 100% doing loops and stall turns. Before you could literally forget about temperature in the IX. The Yak 7b is a nightmare to keep cool but before you could ride the boundary of mild overheat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Talon_ said:

I'm just telling you the history, I'm not the guy that brought this topic up!

okay, and i was simply replying and asking a question

46 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

This is not true.
First, WW2 pressurised cooling systems were affected by low altitude pressure anyway.
Regarding Yaks, now they boil at 79-80°C at 10 km, and this is much closer to the real life than 115°C which was before.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Will all WW1 German pilots get a parachute no matter what or will this be a server side mission maker option?

Yes.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

"52. Multiplayer net packets won't slowly increase in size over time;
53. Multiplayer net packets now have their CRC checked, this should improve the data transfer stability;
54. Net load decreased by optimizing the data packets carrying graphical effects data; 
68. Damage system performance optimization should decrease the CPU load;"

I do like the sound of that :)

• Upvote 2

Post a video of the new fire, water  and bomb effects at your earliest opportunity - for those of us trapped at work please.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

I must admit, its standard practice for me in a mig to go full rich for take off and leave it there giving me easy access to boost when i need it

Excellent "under the hood" Improvements. Nice effects improvements. This sim is moving forward with every update. I have told every sim guy I know and I've been simming since 1999. Keep it coming guys! This sim has absolutely everything I'm looking for and keeps getting better. Much love Jason and the entire 777 team. I've never seen such big steps taken by such a small studio, in this amount of time.....and still deliver a QUALITY PRODUCT. BRAVO

Edited by =BAIT=CG_Justin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

After a few rounds on the Berloga server, i have to say im really impressed. Dogfighting with with 60+ planes in one single spot and no lags, not stutter, just a perfectly smooth experience. Multiplayerwise this might be the most important patch in years!!! Thank you guys for making that happen!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Some nice changes. Will take some time to look at them all.  Thanks devs!  :good:

Surprised to see oil (or blood)? on my goggles in VR!

55 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

That sounds about right. It took me around five minutes to read and I have two eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to admit that this one made me smile:

"Bug fix: Spitfire Mk.VB/IXe oil radiator leak will stop when the left wing is lost;

If my left wing is gone and I am spinning earthward, am I all that concerned about an oil leak graphic?  Not that it's not accurate, but who actually noticed that?

• Haha 3

A attentive developer. 😀

• Haha 2