Jump to content
InProgress

Bush pilot - new fly sim

Recommended Posts

I like what they said:

 

  • Accurate flight model including advanced effects - Prop wash, torque, P-factor.
  • Advanced persistent wear and tear, damage and failure models.
  • Study level cockpit with all avionics, electrical loads and circuit breakers simulated.
  • Realistic and challenging dynamic weather conditions.
  • Beautifully rendered environment effects including atmospheric scattering, volumetric clouds and fog.
  • Rugged and challenging terrain featuring dense foliage and vegetation.

 

I wonder how damage model will look like, graphic is great already. Whole idea of being bush pilot is pretty cool and unlimited fun with career mode, if you can make money then there will be some kind of economy, buying new parts, fixing your plane. Can't wait for it.

 

Some gameplay:

 

 

 

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep an eye on it. The whole Bushflying/ Freight Dog thingy is disturbingly compelling.

 

They mention the map is fictional. What is the airplane based on?

Looks like it's also uniting several aircraft in one (hevily modded Super Cub, a Kitfox, maybe one or two Champ genes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they are flying and presenting in the sim gives me little hope to ever get anything beyond then a "GTA: Bush Pilot".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

I'll keep an eye on it. The whole Bushflying/ Freight Dog thingy is disturbingly compelling.

 

They mention the map is fictional. What is the airplane based on?

Looks like it's also uniting several aircraft in one (hevily modded Super Cub, a Kitfox, maybe one or two Champ genes).

Planes and map is  fictional, shame but guess they don't have tools to make realistic map (or they want to make map that will have everything and real world is too big to make it a nice map with lakes, mountains, forests and all this on 1 map) and licence to make planes will probably cost a lot. Don't care about map but would be cool to have 1 real plane. Still will buy it even with fictional plane.  I am sure it's heavly based on something.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

The way they are flying and presenting in the sim gives me little hope to ever get anything beyond then a "GTA: Bush Pilot".

 

That's true. We'll see after release if it can live up to the promises made.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m very interested in this...

 

Living in AK a few years ago, I was very tempted and almost purchased a Super Cub to access more remote parts of the state. I just couldn’t stomach the $90k I was about to drop, not to mention all the recurring expenses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played it at FSCon.

 

It's not for the faint of heart, IMHO. The entire syllabus of the Cub is pretty much needed to do anything in it (sim includes RL checklists). Though caveat - it does have differing levels of simulation you can choose. So an arcade mode to a sim mode which you can select upon launch. For me, coming from the likes of P3D and XP flying system complex tubeliner's with automated systems and all...is a bit of a culture shock.

 

In sim mode it's indeed very difficult. Lot's of analogue and management of analogue systems with highly in-depth flight models. Cargo and weight and weather and effects all impact how you takeoff, fly, and land at the various airfields for which delivery points are procured. As an example, I was faced with delivering medical supplies to a remote outpost following a disaster of sorts. I chose to hold off to allow an EMT and 'better' supplies to be loaded. Once airborne weather moved in, and given that it's dynamic, I couldn't land. I had to turn back and just barely made it back to my originating airfield before said weather closed in. Now, this is not to say I couldn't have followed the GPS route and landed in zero vis, I could have. I just didn't want to take that chance.

 

Whether or not the developers maintain this level of realism I have no idea. However, I will say that the sim in it's current form is highly realistic and the epitome of the edge of your seat.

 

Watching weather roll in.... it's terrifying.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a flightsim I am really looking for, in all aspects, ranging from a mission-oriented approach to to the fidelity of the flight Dynamics and systems modeling as well as the full simulation of operating a bush aircraft. The Dynamic Weather is yet another must !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still very interested, love the idea.  Disappointed it doesn’t have an actual aircraft and map but it sounds good enough to overlook that. Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I played it at FSCon.

 

It's not for the faint of heart, IMHO. The entire syllabus of the Cub is pretty much needed to do anything in it (sim includes RL checklists). Though caveat - it does have differing levels of simulation you can choose. So an arcade mode to a sim mode which you can select upon launch. For me, coming from the likes of P3D and XP flying system complex tubeliner's with automated systems and all...is a bit of a culture shock.

 

In sim mode it's indeed very difficult. Lot's of analogue and management of analogue systems with highly in-depth flight models. Cargo and weight and weather and effects all impact how you takeoff, fly, and land at the various airfields for which delivery points are procured. As an example, I was faced with delivering medical supplies to a remote outpost following a disaster of sorts. I chose to hold off to allow an EMT and 'better' supplies to be loaded. Once airborne weather moved in, and given that it's dynamic, I couldn't land. I had to turn back and just barely made it back to my originating airfield before said weather closed in. Now, this is not to say I couldn't have followed the GPS route and landed in zero vis, I could have. I just didn't want to take that chance.

 

Whether or not the developers maintain this level of realism I have no idea. However, I will say that the sim in it's current form is highly realistic and the epitome of the edge of your seat.

 

Watching weather roll in.... it's terrifying.

 

Wow, that sounds fantastic. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I played it at FSCon.

Intersting what you say about it. Did they mention in some way what they use as underlying graphic engine? Is it Frostbite or any of the available toolkits? It does look very, very pretty indeed. If they get weather and athmosphere right, that sim must be quiet something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must have read somewhere that the devs plan to add VR capability after early access is over. Really hope they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Whether or not the developers maintain this level of realism I have no idea. However, I will say that the sim in it's current form is highly realistic and the epitome of the edge of your seat.

 

Your impressions sounds good - another flight game "tuned down" in favor of "causal player aids" is not needed.

 

 

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

 

Your impressions sounds good - another flight game "tuned down" in favor of "causal player aids" is not needed.

  

 

 

 

Bravo, well put. If this should be interesting it need to be authentic. Those not coping with that probably would not be interested anyway

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks nice, will it have track ir or VR support? One reason I stay away from most civi sims is because the track ir isn't intuitive like Il2 or DCS where you just plug and play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been looking forward to Deadstick since it was first announced.

 

This is definitely a dream simulator for me, and I am so pleased to see a decent bush-plane sim on the way. It covers most of what I want in a sim (just need a floatplane and water-handling-physics and it will be utterly perfect!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, Sarpalaxan said:

Looks intresting. Saadly VR ruined non VR Flight sims for me.

 

11 hours ago, Nibbio said:

Must have read somewhere that the devs plan to add VR capability after early access is over. Really hope they do. 

 

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Looks nice, will it have track ir or VR support? One reason I stay away from most civi sims is because the track ir isn't intuitive like Il2 or DCS where you just plug and play.

 

They are adding VR post EA.

 

The video that @InProgress posted above explains their plans for VR.  Direct link to the relevant section of the video here:  https://youtu.be/K6N9UfndQ3Q?t=8m35s

 

Also, the developer comments on multiplayer and VR earlier this year at FlightSimExpo2018:   https://youtu.be/Nvvx6G4kRvE?t=3m14s

 

 

Also in the video posted are comments on the physics, damage model and wind/weather elements. Current progress looks very promising. Check that posted video link for details.

 

 

 

 

18 hours ago, Hoots said:

Still very interested, love the idea.  Disappointed it doesn’t have an actual aircraft and map but it sounds good enough to overlook that. Fingers crossed.  

 

 

On 9/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Bremspropeller said:

They mention the map is fictional. What is the airplane based on? 

Looks like it's also uniting several aircraft in one (hevily modded Super Cub, a Kitfox, maybe one or two Champ genes).


 

Aircraft

 

The first aircraft they are releasing is fictional, but the developers say it is based on real aircraft, specifically the Husky, S-7 and Super Cub.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviat_Husky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rans_S-7_Courier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-18

 

The reference to where the Deadstick Developers discuss their plans for the aircraft is here:  https://youtu.be/Nvvx6G4kRvE?t=4m1s

 

 

 

The Developers have said that they are keen to provide the API to allow 3rd-party development and to allow community mods via Steam Workshop.  Ref: https://youtu.be/Nvvx6G4kRvE?t=5m51s

 

No doubt, that will lead to development of real aircraft, although the devs say they are keen to introduce real aircraft anyway.

 

 

Map

 

The initial map is fictional based on Alaskan/Canadian back country. The devs explain this decision, as part of the initial stages of developing the platform. There are two maps, the one they are currently working on is 2500 sq.mi.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

They are adding VR post EA.

then i wil Buy it Post Early acces. (EA is such a bad word in Gaming) Let me see how much i can challenge that damage Model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good

A simulation like this is needed.

Love the ability to walk around, a nice realism touch.

an another video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCH5GRccM6E

 

However, I can not help myself to think that our mighty simulator can to something similar with the Junkers 52 and the Po2 with adding money management , the ability toload cargo or people anywhere.

I am sure @Feathered_IV you have the same idea! have you?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, drops small box on window > gear breaks :lol: well, early access.

 

1 hour ago, TG1_Nil said:

However, I can not help myself to think that our mighty simulator can to something similar with the Junkers 52 and the Po2 with adding money management , the ability toload cargo or people anywhere.

Tbh i don't like this idea. Getting money for cargo in ww2? What ju52 needs is just open door in pilots cabin, more cargo and maybe stuff like taxi to special place they would make like some tent or something that would spawn whatever you just unloaded near it. So the boxes or wouned would spawn somewhere instead of disapear like it is now.

 

I kind of like what DCS does, when you land a heli, it will spawn stuff you took. It's a bit overdone (spawn a tank or something like this or so much stuff you wonder where did they fit all this) but idea is good. Drop paratroopers and they would build some defences like mg and stuff that could be build, wooden bunkers and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, InProgress said:

lol, drops small box on window > gear breaks :lol: well, early access.

 

Tbh i don't like this idea. Getting money for cargo in ww2? What ju52 needs is just open door in pilots cabin, more cargo and maybe stuff like taxi to special place they would make like some tent or something that would spawn whatever you just unloaded near it. So the boxes or wouned would spawn somewhere instead of disapear like it is now.

 

I kind of like what DCS does, when you land a heli, it will spawn stuff you took. It's a bit overdone (spawn a tank or something like this or so much stuff you wonder where did they fit all this) but idea is good. Drop paratroopers and they would build some defences like mg and stuff that could be build, wooden bunkers and stuff like that.

 

We TOTALLY need the minesweeper and float plane variants of the Ju 52! ;)

154808-11363-pristine.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

45 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Tbh i don't like this idea. Getting money for cargo in ww2? What ju52 needs is just open door in pilots cabin, more cargo and maybe stuff like taxi to special place they would make like some tent or something that would spawn whatever you just unloaded near it. So the boxes or wouned would spawn somewhere instead of disapear like it is now.

 

I kind of like what DCS does, when you land a heli, it will spawn stuff you took. It's a bit overdone (spawn a tank or something like this or so much stuff you wonder where did they fit all this) but idea is good. Drop paratroopers and they would build some defences like mg and stuff that could be build, wooden bunkers and stuff like that.

I like your idea of spawning of course. 

Getting money for WW2 is just a way to incent and reward players in single player mode.

It does not have to be money , It can be XP points, and it can happen before the war. Junkers 52 and Po2 do not need a war to be useful.

My point was to say "our simulator can do something similar" I am thinking beyond the ww2 simulator. Do you understand my idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZachariasX said:

This should be fun.

It would require some adjustments to commonly applied "ground effects" in sims.

 

Yet, MS FLIGHT did include such "ground physics" and it did show in teh Alaska DLC ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Von-Target said:

 

Yet, MS FLIGHT did include such "ground physics" and it did show in teh Alaska DLC ...

 

 

You played it? I spend money on it. Sure it gave me a good lesson as this game was trashed .

That was the first sim with the built in ability to walk outside the plane (as far I as know)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TG1_Nil said:

You played it? I spend money on it. Sure it gave me a good lesson as this game was trashed .

That was the first sim with the built in ability to walk outside the plane (as far I as know)

 

I miss it, quite a LOT - the core was Superb!  Everything stupidly lost :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spotted this thread and I really like the sound of the features on steam, Looks gorgeous, and I really like that it gives you a reason to fly, something a lot of civvie sims lack.


Been Loving that FSEconomy plug in though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks Great!

I am excited to try this. I am also excited to hear about the weather changing dynamically, realistic failures, and wear. The reward system/career system sounds interesting too, and would like to know more about it. 

I got a little bored after a while bush flying in FSX. I used to love flying around British Columbia with A2A's J3 in  FSX with ORBX Scenery. I would love to see VR, and float planes as well, but that's asking a lot. 

At first glance... look's good!
+Wishlist +Follow.

Edited by SCG_Hobo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...