LeeHarvey

The gold bars beneath the avatar.

I've noticed that the bars under each member's avatar denoting which battles you've purchased don't appear correctly. 

I bought the BoS, BoK, and BoBP in the il2sturmovik.com online store, but only the bar for BoBP is showing. I didn't see options in the profile settings for this. Am I missing something?

Only the modules that you purchased as pre-orders will appear, there, Lee. I own all the same ones as yourself, and, I too, only have the gold bar for BOBP. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Very strange..

What, exactly? It's WAD.

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

The War Thunder-esque exp grind hell kept me from going anywhere near IL-2 for years. 

I think almost every single person on these forums are glad that the xp system is gone. You just can’t approach a flight sim the same way you would a normal video game.

• Upvote 5

Darn it - From the thread title I was hoping this was about some marketing event in which a leprechaun hands out gold bars to loyal customers.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

I think almost every single person on these forums are glad that the xp system is gone. You just can’t approach a flight sim the same way you would a normal video game.

Even then - and I am in 100% agreement with you - the system IL-2 had at least didn't impact pure plane performance.

2 hours ago, PainGod85 said:

Even then - and I am in 100% agreement with you - the system IL-2 had at least didn't impact pure plane performance.

Yeah.. but when you pay price for a product that is sim, in other words, AAA+ price. Damn right i expect to have access to 100% of the game content without some teen age Skinner-box mechanics stuffed in them. 

This, and this alone kept me away from IL-2 until i got VR and revisited the dumpster fire, to see if it have gone out and sanity restored. And when i saw it was on the correct path, i got behind supporting IL-2. In that sense, i am very much the person who votes with his wallet. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

Darn it - From the thread title I was hoping this was about some marketing event in which a leprechaun hands out gold bars to loyal customers.......

Leprechauns? Who, where. Are they handing out gold badges? 😲

6 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

The poster said , "Gold bars beneath the avatar," not, "Gold bars beneath the rainbow."

3 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Yeah.. but when you pay price for a product that is sim, in other words, AAA+ price. Damn right i expect to have access to 100% of the game content without some teen age Skinner-box mechanics stuffed in them. 

This, and this alone kept me away from IL-2 until i got VR and revisited the dumpster fire, to see if it have gone out and sanity restored. And when i saw it was on the correct path, i got behind supporting IL-2. In that sense, i am very much the person who votes with his wallet. 

Exact same here, nearly to a T, went from being appalled by lootboxes to dumping 250 bucks in like 2 weeks. VR is a savior.

• Like 1

OK, to get my gold bar I bought BOBP.  Soon I will feel like a Soviet General.

10 minutes ago, Uriah said:

OK, to get my gold bar I bought BOBP.  Soon I will feel like a Soviet General.

790.jpg.b33cd3cb7acee8709175df10ba009c69.jpg

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Finkeren said:

That and the abysmal old campaign system were the two things that kept me from playing or supporting this game for several years.

Now that the XP grind has been removed and career mode has been released, I play this game regularly, have purchased every expansion, and have pre-ordered Bodenplatte.

8 hours ago, P51DMatt said:

That and the abysmal old campaign system were the two things that kept me from playing or supporting this game for several years.

Now that the XP grind has been removed and career mode has been released, I play this game regularly, have purchased every expansion, and have pre-ordered Bodenplatte.

Same here, they have my full support now going forward.

Show off!  :)   ...oh, wait....  how did you get the top one?

Edited by BlueHeron

That's the "gold" standard for gold bars under your face:

heavy_medal_7143.jpg

One golden batch for every Hamburger they pre-ordered. They will finally get them in two weeks time. Be sure!

• Haha 3

I wonder if there will also be bars for Flying Circus and tank Crew.

Does anybody know?

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

I have nothing to contribute to this topic. Just showing off my gold bars.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Does anybody know?

Have a nice day.

I dont *know* per se, but it does seem likely!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

I dont *know* per se, but it does seem likely!

Thank you for the reply.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Thank you for the reply.

Have a nice day.

I should have been clearer!

They dont always come out quickly or in time for the Pre purchase release, but I don't see the devs changing from their usual path of giving us gold loveliness. :)

• Upvote 1

yeah, i see no reason why we wouldn' get our gold bars for BC and FC I

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Does anybody know?

Have a nice day.

Sorry i do not drink😀

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, w00dy said:

I wonder if we will get one for Flying Circus? 

13 hours ago, OrLoK said:

I should have been clearer!

They dont always come out quickly or in time for the Pre purchase release, but I don't see the devs changing from their usual path of giving us gold loveliness. :)

Where's my 'Bought original IL-2 on DVD discs when it was first released in 2001' gold bar and my IL-2 46 gold bar and my IL-2 CLOD gold bar and my Rise of Flight gold bar and my honorary gold bar for contributing to IL-2 for ever 17 years ... just kidding.

Edited by Lensman

just saying these games have literally 0 to do with this game