Han

Developer Diary 204 - Discussion

3 minutes ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Another week has passed and our Bodenplatte development progressed neatly during this short time. First, we have finished reworking the graphics effects system we told you about last week:

Second, we have revisited the gunfire dispersion model and performed additional research on the historical documents covering the fire dispersion depending on the gun mounting.

Surely, we have worked on the other parts of the sim as well. One month ago we could show you the 3D model of Me 262 without textures and a couple of weeks ago you saw the cockpit of P-47D that was untextured too, but today we present them to you in the game engine

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

Looking great! The burst accuracy info is interesting.... wonder how this will affect you know what.....

In the most cases, the fire dispersion has been already modeled using the burst fire data, so the changes in these aircraft will be hardly noticeable when firing in bursts, but the single shot dispersion will be lowered greatly: 2-2.5 times. On the contrary, the Soviet fighters were set up using single fire data before so now their fire dispersion will be increased 2.11-2.86 times depending on the gun and aircraft (this isn't that much at the effective fire distances though, see below).

Maybe the perceived soviet gun laser accuracy and devastating grouping we are experiencing will be a bit more realistic.

Edited by =EXPEND=DendroAspis
  • Upvote 9

Very nice update guys!! Can't wait to see all the new graphics improvements.

Grt M

PS: Was the Me-262 equipped without a armored headrest?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oooooooohhhh good stuff all around.

The planes of course are nice, as is the eye candy, but to me the important one is the addition of smoke effects when incorrect mixture is being used. That’s a huge leap forward.

The dispersion fixes should also satisfy a lot of people who have been complaining about “laser gunz”

I am now very excited about the next update.

• Like 2

Same here ;)...Can't wait for the next update..! :fly:...Superb works guys...:good:

• Like 1

Less VYa-23 1km sniping ? That's great news !

Looking very forward to the new effects, I hope you also managed to reduce the performance hit of burning planes altogether. I don't know why but planes going in flames often translates into significant fps drop.

The 262 looks gorgeous !

• Upvote 3

Absolutely amazing graphics; looks very realistic. As for the immersion, this sim is nearly perfect.

Pleased with minor corrections too, it is nice to see that the plane's behaviour is constantly evolving in many aspects.

But to tell the truth, I would much more prefer to read something like "We have just started rework of AI logic and behaviour n the game"...

9 minutes ago, DSR_T-888 said:

Up to P-47N-5-RE?

Wuuut?

My guess that it means that the particular article (the armour plate) is compatible up to the N-5-RE -variant of the P-47.

Glad to read about those more realistic effects.

The 262 looks great.

And the cockpit of the P47...I think Requiem is going to have his hands full with his next tutorial ☺️.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Fantastic news! So many improvements. Great work as always.

10. Water steam overheating effects added;

It was modeled also in RoF, beautiful times when there was no technochat "your engine is overheating".

The part with gunfire dispersion is fantastic, this kind of improvements of the whole game engine are even better than the new birds.

5. Contrails effects improved (more dynamic, less apparent beginning);

Beware of the air ;>

[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Not here
  • Upvote 3

BTW. It was hard to believe we are going to have jet fighter in IL-2 engine.
Now it looks real.
Keep it up!

The visible exhaust effect when the fuel mix was incorrect was a feature I really appreciated in the original In-2.  Nice to see it represented again. 

• Upvote 2

K-14 for P-47 confirmed!!!!!!!

Great work Devs.

I also notice that they have the intelink between the Boost, Throttle, and RPM modeled and working!!! Nice.

K-14 and the ability to interlink throttles are great news.

Will it move all together or only move them up/down depending on what it is?

For instance, I've read that one version only moved it in one direction (RPM forward and Boost backward) so if you have everything interlinked and move the throttle back, it would move the throttle and boost back but leave rpm at it's current position, if you were to move the throttle forward it would move the rpm forward as well but leave the boost in it's current position.

Just one thing, the throttle for the P-47 will need to be different when using the K-14 from what I've seen, this is to allow for the adjustment of the range setting.

K-14_1.PNG.7773c9b1fda926a5533f99fc75fd9847.PNGK-14_2.PNG.3ce348371614b557d216fc70718de674.PNG

EDIT: Can't get over that visibility in the Jug, not even the Fw-190 is as good.

Also, that 262 is looking beautiful, it's gonna make one juicy target when it is added in-game.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking good!

Noticed "fuel/water leak effects on the ground".. Can't wait to see how will they look like? As if you are leaking and crashland you can see the path of the leak as with current landing gear tracks?

Edited by Sim

Looks fantastic guys!

Just a note to make sure is included - when using the P-47 K-14 gyro gunsight the backup iron sight component ahead of the windscreen is removed. Cheers!

30 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Just one thing, the throttle for the P-47 will need to be different when using the K-14 from what I've seen, this is to allow for the adjustment of the range setting.

The geared pulley system is in place on the side of the K-14, and this pulley system is modelled on the Spitfire's Mark IID (plus modified throttle), so I'd say Jason and the guys are on this :salute:

It is all coming along in leaps and bounds, great update guys, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Especially nice to see the two aircraft in game, that 262 always did look an amazing design, those sleek lines have been captured exceptionally well by the 3d artist as has the awesome detail and bulk of the Thunderbolt, very much looking forward to their release.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Looks fantastic guys!

Just a note to make sure is included - when using the P-47 K-14 gyro gunsight the backup iron sight component ahead of the windscreen is removed. Cheers!

The geared pulley system is in place on the side of the K-14, and this pulley system is modelled on the Spitfire's Mark IID (plus modified throttle), so I'd say Jason and the guys are on this :salute:

I noticed the pulleys but the throttle is the same, that''s all I was saying, I know it's a work in progress. Either way it's looking great and I can't wait to fly it.

Edited by Legioneod