Han

Developer Diary 204 - Discussion

Excellent work - haha - will now start using yours for reference - mine now looks a little anemic...  :cool:

P-47.jpg

Pit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, gn728 said:

Excellent work - haha - will now start using yours for reference - mine now looks a little anemic...  :cool:

P-47.jpg

Pit.jpg

Hmmm.... now lets' argue about the colors. Which green is correct? 

The Jug is looking great. The team is doing a great job even with some adversity this year. Can't say enough about their dedication to their work. Please get your sim friends to buy in. We want to do so much more.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 14

for a good game we need not only new Maps and Planes, we need more possibilities for the Missions Editor and a better AI Command system for the Player.

And yes i love the game too :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The Jug is looking great. The team is doing a great job even with some adversity this year. Can't say enough about their dedication to their work. Please get your sim friends to buy in. We want to do so much more.

Jason

Haha.. that Z Chromate is blown out a little because of the flash, but ya, different brands, different shades - and some things I have say - at least the wheel wells were Yellow Z Chromate not Green...

27 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

now lets' argue about the colors. Which green is correct? 

Nice cockpit, gs728, but Dull Dark Green looks more correct for the cockpit of a bubbletop Thunderbolt.

Bronze Green, with a bluish cast, would be another good choice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I keep trying to recruit a friend of mine into playing, but he has no interest in WWII history or aviation. The only leverage I have is the sweet, sweet siren song of VR, which he loves but can't afford right now.

So I'm playing on hard mode here, send halp.

You guys are doing amazing work, you've given me the sim I dreamed of when I built my home cockpit. Every time I use it, I end up saying "wow" at some point.  Just wanted to jump in here and say good job, and thank you.

• Like 1

With the caveat that I have not have time to test this latest release yet, the announcement about the improvements in dispersion and DM modeling only strengthens your position as the premier WW2 combat flight sim developer. Keep up the good work and thanks for a great update! :good:

• Upvote 1

That Swallow looks absolutely amazing in the air-to-air shots. A shark!  

15 minutes ago, JimRNJ said:

You guys are doing amazing work, you've given me the sim I dreamed of when I built my home cockpit. Every time I use it, I end up saying "wow" at some point.  Just wanted to jump in here and say good job, and thank you.

Fully agree. I stayed up past 3am on a work night just flying around in quick mission on the kuban map, setting up my controls for each plane and seeing what everything does and just learning about each plane and flying around through the clouds, water, and mountains. Simply amazing. Adding more US planes and some late war stuff is just icing on the cake and will hopefully get more people into this amazing sim keep up the great work!

Looking forward to all the amazing content going ahead into this project, and hoping for improvements of optimizing the performance and etc. Keep up the great work!

*Just saying, seeing the Lancaster and the Mosquito would be absolutely phenomenal in the future*

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Agreed! The team is doing a fantastic job. Doing my best to spread the word!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Please get your sim friends to buy in. We want to do so much more.

Jason

Been trying, as I have a close aviation nut of a friend that I keep trying to convince, but as the fool only has himself an older MacBook, the best I can do is to keep making him envious by flooding his messenger account and email inbox with screenshots, until he finally sees the error of his ways and reacquires himself PC ;)

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Please get your sim friends to buy in. We want to do so much more.

Jason

Not only that, I´m also trying to convince you that including the Spitfire XIV and the Arado 234 B1(recce) and B2(bomber) as collector planes would bring you some additional sales...hint...hint...you certainly could make some folks very happy with that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Not only that, I´m also trying to convince you that including the Spitfire XIV and the Arado 234 B1(recce) and B2(bomber) as collector planes would bring you some additional sales...hint...hint...you certainly could make some folks very happy with that 🙂

I agree.

I really thought that the '262 would be amongst the very last airplanes we recieved. I actually thought that the P-38 and ME 262 would be the last ones. Nice work. 

Yeah, the P-47 cockpit looks terrific. I'm going to be spending a lot of time with this one, I think. I very much want to get good with it. Gonna practice a whole bunch before jumping on-line. The way you guys are moving along, I'm thinking that I'll be in that Jug in a few weeks. 

Edited by Poochnboo

I cant wait ive never flown the German jet plane this is going to be very interesting also its cool that we are finally getting some american fighters out their in the sky's now this is turning out to be very cool i just wish we had some bombers like the B-17 but hey you get what you get and you dont throw a fit hahaha very nice work i cant wait for this next chapter

Excellent DD!  🛩️

The gun dispersion improvements are nice, more than anything because it shows how the devs keep working on previous items if they think they need to be tweaked.

The 262 is a stunner, I look forward to getting used to the jet FM and tactics.

The P-47, the plane I look forward to the most, looks excellent too! The real cockpit is very busy, there are buttons, levers, and switches all around the pilot.

I sat in the P-47D-30 a little over a month ago and it was incredible. One thing I noticed was that it was really hard to check your 6, probably because I'm spoiled by TrackIR.

I closed the bubble canopy and tried to look behind, it was pretty uncomfortable. 

There is only one thing I would like to provide some feedback on, and it's the colors in the dials.

The in-game screenshots seem very muted compared to the real one I sat on.

The dials were very vibrant and it was easy to tell whether you were over the red line or in the green area, which makes sense since the colors are there to be used as a quick reference by the pilot.

I know the lighting is different in both shots but I still think they could be a bit brighter in the game. They are intentionally bright in real life after all.

28s4pjk.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Instrument colours match up with pictures and info on this sight.

http://www.368thfightergroup.com/P-47-2.html

Sorry but those pictures are pretty bad.

It looks like a collage, with each dial having different lighting and all the colors are inconsistent across all dials.

Perhaps the cockpit of the pic I provided was re-done, I don't know.

If I remember correctly, the "Norma" (my pic) flew with the Peruvian air force before going to the museum.

P-47D-2-RE.jpg

Jade I think the one you sat in,  might have the instruments updated with  corrected newer colors, its not un common, with older airplanes, to do this and to make the for easier reading of the limits the instruments have.

Lucky you to sit in a P47.

Last week I sat in a P 51, and loved the experience.

• Upvote 1

That P47 cockpit is looking fantastic. Great job!

Question on gun dispersion, do any of the changes apply to Flying Circus too?

Not wishing to open any worm cans, just politely asking ☺️

Nice update! Can't wait to fly both planes.

The team is doing an excellent job, a true work of love. I don't regret getting on this train. We trust in you guys, thanks!

Could someone please explain me what these new effects mean:

Water steam effects added for twin water radiator aircraft

Water steam overheating effects added

How can we see the water overheating?

Wrong mixture exhaust effects added

Do we have some kind of oil trail when mixture is too rich at high altitude and that some oil does not burn?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ethelward said:

Could someone please explain me what these new effects mean:

How can we see the water overheating?

Do we have some kind of oil trail when mixture is too rich at high altitude and that some oil does not burn?

Thanks!

I'm assuming that they implemented an effect for steam coming out of valves or pipes around the area(s) of the radiator(s).

also, there is no oil to be burnt with these engines afaik (at least as long as they're not damaged), as the mixture consists of gasoline and oxygen. what they mean by "too rich" is when there's too few oxygen, usually resulting in decreased performance and blacker smoke coming out of the exausts. but then again I could be wrong about that, as Im not an engineer

Edited by EpeeNoire

8 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Jade I think the one you sat in,  might have the instruments updated with  corrected newer colors, its not un common, with older airplanes, to do this and to make the for easier reading of the limits the instruments have.

Lucky you to sit in a P47.

Last week I sat in a P 51, and loved the experience.

Quite possibly down to air regulations. 

Love to see the team improving stuff, gun dispersion model, and visual effects, which were great but a bit overdone.

Those are the details that makes the difference.

Cant wait for the new update, I am one always trying to recruit new pilots into Il2, I have a great setup in controls, VR and a fast PC, and I invite my pilot friends to try IL2, and they are like  WOW,  I love their expressions and opinions, most of them love it , and some go and buy it.

• Like 1

Actually my informers from dark net have told me they are trying to hold back the OP-40's massive number of kills :ph34r:

P-47 from Brazilian Air Force for default skins. :soldier::soldier:

• Like 1

It really is admirable to see the team consistently putting in the elbow grease. Thanks again, looking forward to enjoying the experience. :)

14 hours ago, EpeeNoire said:

I'm assuming that they implemented an effect for steam coming out of valves or pipes around the area(s) of the radiator(s).

also, there is no oil to be burnt with these engines afaik (at least as long as they're not damaged), as the mixture consists of gasoline and oxygen. what they mean by "too rich" is when there's too few oxygen, usually resulting in decreased performance and blacker smoke coming out of the exausts. but then again I could be wrong about that, as Im not an engineer

Actually, the oil consumption in radial engines would probably shock you. The Collings Foundation travels with a trailer almost completely dedicated to hauling oil for their bomber weekends.

Magnificent. 

P.S.

I hope that the improvements in water impacts do include water spray when bombs skip on the water.

Do not forget in a next review to have the guns aboard ships to be manned and not telepathically controlled 🙂 

On 9/21/2018 at 4:28 PM, RAY-EU said:

Thanks ! Very Good ! 

We Will miss the B-17 ‘S

I wonder what kind of computer graphics or flight simulator is used to do all these flight and combat scenes in the film. Maybe we can have one day this quality ingame.