Sign in to follow this  
DerNeueMensch

How to type in Cyrillic

Is it possible to change to cyrillic characters in the english version of the game? I know russians can change from latin to kyrillic - would I have to install the russian version and how would I do that? 

Are you wanting to type in chat cyrillic or have the game in cyrillic?

Wouldn't the later be a case of changing language for in game menus in the settings?  The former being setting up language options within Windows.

I tried to copy some Cyrillic from Google translate and all it did was paste blocks into the chat bar? It seems strange that I see people typing Cyrillic but if you have the English version and try enter the characters it does not like them.

I want to be able to write in Georgian. They have the most beautiful written language in the world. Looks like something straight out of a Tolkien book.

udhr_georgian.gif

Thanks for the replies!

10 hours ago, blitze said:

Are you wanting to type in chat cyrillic or have the game in cyrillic?

Wouldn't the later be a case of changing language for in game menus in the settings?  The former being setting up language options within Windows.

I want to type in chat in cyrillic. I know that I can change the language of the game in the launchers top bar. 

1 hour ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

Your missing cyrillic fonts, just download some free ones and load them up in windows.

I have a cyrillic font (even more then one) and if I change windows' language to russian(Pyc) with alt+shift I still cannot type in cyrillic, because then, only special characters of the latin alphabet are displayed: like vowels with different accents and (so it seems it's the right track, just not quite there yet). But writing this I think maybe I need to download a very specific type of cyrillic font? 

10 hours ago, AeroAce said:

I tried to copy some Cyrillic from Google translate and all it did was paste blocks into the chat bar? It seems strange that I see people typing Cyrillic but if you have the English version and try enter the characters it does not like them.

same for me: when I try to write in the chat windows it displays as weird latin letters with all sorts of accents above vowels and when I send it, it displays as white blocks in the chat bar...

2 minutes ago, Plank said:

wow this is strange.... I am pretty sure I started this topic over here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/39796-typing-in-cyrillic-in-the-rof-chat-window/?tab=comments#comment-671269

S!  P.

Yes you did, but I also wanted to know for BoX and I did create a new one because I know, that a lot more people would see it over here. Btw, I found the solution: You have to go to the administrative language options in the language and regions control panel -> and then in the administration tab under language for programs incompatible for unicode you change the language scheme to russian. Here is a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKVlvxgm7DQ 

Now if you change to russian through alt+shift you can type in cyrillic! @AeroAce

4 hours ago, Finkeren said:

I want to be able to write in Georgian. They have the most beautiful written language in the world. Looks like something straight out of a Tolkien book.

udhr_georgian.gif

ᛁ᛫ᛈᚱᛖᚠᛖᚱ᛫ᚱᚢᚾᛁᚲ᛫ᛚᛖᛏᛏᛖᚱᛊ

11 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

ᛁ᛫ᛈᚱᛖᚠᛖᚱ᛫ᚱᚢᚾᛁᚲ᛫ᛚᛖᛏᛏᛖᚱᛊ

Naaahhh even though it is my original native script, neither the elder nor the younger Futhark are anywhere near as pretty as Georgian script.

ᛗᛁᚾᛖ᛫ᛏᛟᛟ,᛫ᚦᚨᛏ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚹᚺᛃ᛫ᛁ᛫ᛈᚱᛖᚠᛖᚱ᛫ᛁᛏ.

Бут чыллич ис алсо ниче то усе.