Would like to see an option to have the choice of females pilots ?

Female pilot option?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Would like to see an option to have the choice of females pilots ?

• Yes
    • No

I would love to see female pilots. Just a great detail to have in consideration tbh :)

+1 I am all for making the female pilot Deborah Ann Woll, too! ;) You just reminded me that I have to  buy the video streaming seasons of True BLood. i really want to see that show, but I don't have HBO. I put off watching it, far too long.  :)

:salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I just bought the game today. Yet to try it but I do enjoy flying in cliffs of dover and Rise of flight, have given up on FSX but I did like my A2A accusim spitfire.

As a female simmer yes this would appreciated, as seen by some of the comments, simulations can be often unwelcoming to females. 

It is interesting to read about the ATA who had 133 female pilots during the battle of Britain delivering all types of warplanes to the RAF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transport_Auxiliary (though I guess not relevant to Battle of Stalingrad)

• Upvote 1

Welcome to BoS.

It is interesting to read about the ATA who had 133 female pilots during the battle of Britain delivering all types of warplanes to the RAF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transport_Auxiliary (though I guess not relevant to Battle of Stalingrad)

In Soviet air force there were also female combat pilots, if the subject is interesting for you, I am sure there are plenty of people here who can give you tips about books etc.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The woman pictured in the Mustang is a "Wasp".  In the United States, women pilots were trained to fly non-combat missions in order to free male pilots for combat missions. They ferried planes from the manufacturing plants to military bases, and ended up doing much more -- including flying new aircraft such as the B-29, to prove to male pilots that these were not as difficult to fly as the men thought!  Just a bit of history there from the USAAF perspective. 

• 1 month later...

I voted no, but only if you're referring to modeling additional 3D pilots.  The pilot models (like RoF) are nothing fantastic even in BoS and are borderline irrelevant (since most play 1st person).  Honestly you could have made a non-gender pilot and I couldn't care less.  Thus I think any time spent modeling an additional female version of the pilots would be time spent better on something else.

If, like RoF, the campaign will feature player identity photographs - then, by all means, throw some female ones in there.