Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, =DMD=Honza said:

Yeah, i would love to see it too. IIRC, razorback should be even on 43 missions. 

I think the P-47D-22 is primarily a early 1944 aircraft.

And further The P-47s did not arrive in the USSR until August / October of 1944.

Edited by mattebubben

On 6/10/2020 at 9:33 AM, Superfly29r said:

HI

Is reshade banned?

I cant join as it says i have a 3rd party mod

Im assuming thats reshade, but im not playing this game with out reshade, a bit of realistic colour is essential, default colour pallet is basically 50 shades of drab grey!

The fact is people use Reshde to cheat! I have had people find me and kill me in clouds  at night on some servers that had dusk/dawn mission starts. I know for a fact there are Resahde settings to make spotting very easy in day time settings even with clouds. For that reason, it was a good idea to remove it (same with TAW). You might night use it to cheat - but some do!

If you have a hard time spotting aircraft there are many factors to look in your control:

• Monitor/TV setting & capability
  • Video Card setting/capability 
  • System setting capability (Tier 1 (High-end) vs Tier 2 (Mid-end) vs Tier 3 (Low-end))

If you are 100% sure these is not your bottle neck, talk to the devs to fix the issue - Resahde is a stop gap that people use to cheat the system.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mattebubben said:

I think the P-47D-22 is primarily a early 1944 aircraft.

And further The P-47s did not arrive in the USSR until August / October of 1944.

Well, there is not so much different stuff from D5, both water injection, both 150octane capable, only propellers were different in the end and yes, our D22 is very early 44 due to hamilton paddle prop but still. There shouldnt be any problem with it in 43 scenarios. It would be one of the fastest, yet still brick planes. I think plane setups are borked already so. ( D-5s were retrofitted with paddle props too)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, =DMD=Honza said:

Well, there is not so much different stuff from D5, both water injection, both 150octane capable, only propellers were different in the end and yes, our D22 is very early 44 due to hamilton paddle prop but still. There shouldnt be any problem with it in 43 scenarios. It would be one of the fastest, yet still brick planes. I think plane setups are borked already so. ( D-5s were retrofitted with paddle props too)

Not 150octane capable untill summer 1944 though. (As that is when the US started using 150 octane fuel)

And A 1943 P-47D would be limited to 56 inches of Manifold in WEP (As 64 inches MP Wep was not cleared until Spring-Summer 1944)

+ older P-47Ds only started getting the Paddle props in December of 1943.

(And there is also a difference in Paddle props as the D-22 used the Hydromatic Hamilton standard while i think most older P-47s refitted with the

Electric CE and AO Paddle props as it required less work to go from one Electric prop to another while switching from Electric to the Hydromatic prop would require additional work and modifications etc.

and there is  a slight performance difference between the props with the Hamilton Standard being the fastest of the Paddles)

So while there would not be a significant difference in mid 1944 between a D-22 and a D-5 (as the D-5 would be modified over time with the new improvements)

the difference between a 1943 D-5 and our D-22 which is in a early-mid 1944 configuration is still very much significant.

(So using our D-22 as a stand in for a 1943 P-47s is similar to using the 109G-14 as a G-6 Stand in or the Spitfire Mk.Vb as a stand in for a Spitfire Mk.Ib etc

since while they might look more or less the same the performance differences are still very significant)

Edited by mattebubben

6 hours ago, mattebubben said:

Not 150octane capable untill summer 1944 though. (As that is when the US started using 150 octane fuel)

And A 1943 P-47D would be limited to 56 inches of Manifold in WEP (As 64 inches MP Wep was not cleared until Spring-Summer 1944)

+ older P-47Ds only started getting the Paddle props in December of 1943.

(And there is also a difference in Paddle props as the D-22 used the Hydromatic Hamilton standard while i think most older P-47s refitted with the

Electric CE and AO Paddle props as it required less work to go from one Electric prop to another while switching from Electric to the Hydromatic prop would require additional work and modifications etc.

and there is  a slight performance difference between the props with the Hamilton Standard being the fastest of the Paddles)

So while there would not be a significant difference in mid 1944 between a D-22 and a D-5 (as the D-5 would be modified over time with the new improvements)

the difference between a 1943 D-5 and our D-22 which is in a early-mid 1944 configuration is still very much significant.

(So using our D-22 as a stand in for a 1943 P-47s is similar to using the 109G-14 as a G-6 Stand in or the Spitfire Mk.Vb as a stand in for a Spitfire Mk.Ib etc

since while they might look more or less the same the performance differences are still very significant)

Thunderbolts have been given highter manifold approval in  january 44 to 65 and 70 in june/july. G-14 is still july in extremely low numbers and really extremely, we are talking in few % of all combat planes of luftwaffe there. Probably same stuff as K4 in bodenplatte operation (and K4s were available 1-2 months prior to operation already), if i counted right they had around 2,5% of K4s from all planes. There is no way its the same thing. There is still not that large difference like its between G2/4 and G14. In missions where P47 is, even D28. Its missing its 150octane even when its fighting against G-14, yet P47s had 150 earlier than they saw any G-14s in combat. So i wouldnt talk about super historical accuracy of plane sets. If we have USAAF skins for them, then they are USAAF and they should have 150octane in 44 missions. If they dont want to let it use 150octane in 44missions. Remove all skins exept russian one. As USAAF used 150 octane in july 44 (when G14 basically havent seen combat yet, still in missions there are millions of them on AFs, instead of 5-10 total on server as it should be by their numbers in mid 44s)

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2020 at 2:13 PM, =DMD=Honza said:

Thunderbolts have been given highter manifold approval in  january 44 to 65 and 70 in june/july. G-14 is still july in extremely low numbers and really extremely, we are talking in few % of all combat planes of luftwaffe there. Probably same stuff as K4 in bodenplatte operation (and K4s were available 1-2 months prior to operation already), if i counted right they had around 2,5% of K4s from all planes. There is no way its the same thing. There is still not that large difference like its between G2/4 and G14. In missions where P47 is, even D28. Its missing its 150octane even when its fighting against G-14, yet P47s had 150 earlier than they saw any G-14s in combat. So i wouldnt talk about super historical accuracy of plane sets. If we have USAAF skins for them, then they are USAAF and they should have 150octane in 44 missions. If they dont want to let it use 150octane in 44missions. Remove all skins exept russian one. As USAAF used 150 octane in july 44 (when G14 basically havent seen combat yet, still in missions there are millions of them on AFs, instead of 5-10 total on server as it should be by their numbers in mid 44s)

First in regards to 150 octane.

Only 8th Airforce Units used 150 octane.

So P-47s based out of Britain.

Units based on Mainland Europe (9th and 12th Airforces etc) did not use 150 octane. (Even 9th P-47s during Bodenplatte did not use 150 octane)

and the USSR did not have 150 octane fuel either so no,

P-47s flying From bases on Mainland europe should not have 150 octane fuel...

And in Regards to Higher Manifold Rating.

p-47-2535hp.jpg

It only became standard in all theatres after may 1944.

Prior to then only P-47s Operating out of the UK had been testing the higher power setting.

(Who were sent 100 kits in Febuary 1944)

p-47-wepkits-5feb44.jpg

So if we were talking UK Based P-47s then yes they could be cleared for 64 inches starting in Febuary 1944.

But not the P-47s in other Theatres.

But the initial conversation was about you saying that they should be no problem having our D-22 in 1943 Scenarios.

Which is completely incorrect as our D-22 has very different performance as compared to a 1943 P-47D.

Though im not sure what you are talking about with the G-14 and K-4 etc =P.

(Since my only mention of the 109 was in saying that having our D-22 in 1943 was just as incorrect as having a G-14 in 1943)

And sorry for slow respsonse did not see it untill today.

Edited by mattebubben

Getting a '#10017 file transfer error' quite a lot recently upon changing maps and I know I'm not the only one. 

DBS had a blast flying on WoL last Friday. Here is a video showcasing 3 sorties we flew on your server, featuring lots of external shots to make it interesting through those 18 minutes:

can someone pls explain why did i die ? i  was in the air over 1000mt dogfighting , then my plane went to pieces , nobody was shooting at me , i am new here so i don't understand what could have happened .Tks

2020-09-09_0-08-42.png

Edited by adler_1

Sorry for my English.

Today during a game, one of the additional objectives was to drop 30 paratroopers on a point indicated by bonfires. (1st & 2nd screenshots)

But I haven't seen these bonefires. The drop zone is a forest with some treeless spots. Is it the trees that get in the way?

I made a first drop, it did not count for the 30 paratroopers.
I did a second drop, this time after several minutes 10 paratroopers were added. (3th screenshot)
Then, with 2 other Ju-52s, we each dropped, yet the target remained at 10/30. Why ? Did we drop in the indicated area but not at the precise location?

And, is it possible to add that the successful parachuting gives points to the pilot?

20200910183758_1.jpg

20200910183754_1.jpg

20200910192458_1.jpg

hello

I am trying to locate the missions which have the late war airplanes and i found only the Ardennes mission , are there any others in the 24 hr cycle  ? thanks  

18 minutes ago, I/KG1_Chattytumbler said:

I made a video to show others how to do it... https://youtu.be/0c0YsG1I3E8

Thank you, on the other hand, your video does not work with me. The image remains fixed from the 9th second until the end.

19 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Thank you, on the other hand, your video does not work with me. The image remains fixed from the 9th second until the end.

I'll upload it again - sorry!

On 9/10/2020 at 7:59 PM, No_Face said:

Sorry for my English.

Today during a game, one of the additional objectives was to drop 30 paratroopers on a point indicated by bonfires. (1st & 2nd screenshots)

But I haven't seen these bonefires. The drop zone is a forest with some treeless spots. Is it the trees that get in the way?

I made a first drop, it did not count for the 30 paratroopers.
I did a second drop, this time after several minutes 10 paratroopers were added. (3th screenshot)
Then, with 2 other Ju-52s, we each dropped, yet the target remained at 10/30. Why ? Did we drop in the indicated area but not at the precise location?

And, is it possible to add that the successful parachuting gives points to the pilot?

20200910183758_1.jpg

20200910183754_1.jpg

20200910192458_1.jpg

Second attempt to answer (broken link before) - the para drop zone on this mission is pretty small and you have to be in the right place. The beacons cant be seen very well at all and it was only by opening the mission editor and looking at the map that I learned how to do this. Link to the video of my wing of three Ju52s in action posted below - but from your screenshots you were over the clearing but not far enough 'west' for the drop to count...

https://youtu.be/oYTt5e7buQU

• Thanks 1

Edited by Swing

Hey guys since RED has 37mm in '43 maps, why no 109 with 30mm? 

Because that makes it too easy for the axis and too hard for the reds

Edited by Tipsi